Champions League 24/25 | Matchday 2: October 1-2

I would've preferred a format where only the next games are known, and only teams with the same record could play each other, but with the possibility of draws that's obviously impossible, and there would have to be 8 draws as well :lol:

But yeah, I think this will be refreshing after the group stage format, it was very stale by the end
Football is a TV show so feck the fans, right?

Radical idea - draws give you 0 points in this, only wins count. Both teams just have to go for it in 90 minutes.

GWKjOa8WsAAGqWw

GWKjOa0WsAAnHY0

GWKjOa8XgAAGI-Y

GWKjOa9XoAE_KZ5

Tough draw for Villa, I recon they will get around 10 points from those games

ASTON VILLA will play Bayern Munich (home), Leizpig (away), Juventus (home), Club Bruges (away), Celtic (home), Young Boys (away), Bologna (home) and Monaco (away).

MANCHESTER CITY play Inter Milan (home), PSG (away), Club Bruges (home), Juventus (away), Feyenoord (home), Sporting Lisbon (away), Sparta Prague (home), Slovan Bratislava (away).

LIVERPOOL play Real Madrid (home), Leipzig (away), Bayer Leverkusen (home), AC Milan (away), Lille (home), PSV (away), Bologna (home), Girona (away).

ARSENAL play PSG (home), Inter Milan (away), Shakhtar Donetsk (home), Atalanta (away), Dinamo Zagreb (home), Sporting Lisbon (away), Monaco (home), Girona (away).

CELTIC play Leipzig (home), Borussia Dortmund (away), Club Bruges (home), Atalanta (away), Young Boys (home), Dinamo Zagreb (away), Slovan Bratislava (home), Aston Villa (away).

ASTON VILLA play Bayern Munich (home), Leizpig (away), Juventus (home), Club Bruges (away), Celtic (home), Young Boys (away), Bologna (home), Monaco (away).

Tough draw for Villa, I recon they will get around 10 points from those games

ASTON VILLA will play Bayern Munich (home), Leizpig (away), Juventus (home), Club Bruges (away), Celtic (home), Young Boys (away), Bologna (home) and Monaco (away).
That would give them a good chance of making the last 24 playoffs I'd say. Only 8 teams go out in the group.

Depends, if they were going in with little expectations they would be excited at the opportunity to face Europe's biggest names.

Edit: Looks like this flew right over my head. I made a boob of myself here.
Fair enough, hopefully they're left with some good mammaries either way

Real v Liverpool, Arsenal v PSG, Barca v Bayern and Villa v Bayern/Juve/Celtic to look forward to straight away. That's what it's all about.

Reckon Liverpool have a relatively difficult set of fixtures to try and make the top 8 actually.

This is so ridiculous that you don’t know if you should laugh or cry.

After years of being called Champions League, now it truly becomes a league.

Feels like everything is slowly turning into American sports with league games followed by play-offs. Soon, we’ll replace knock out games by ‘series’ of 7 games…

I don't think Aston Villa getting top 8 is completely out of the question honestly. They will probably lose to Bayern but if they can sneak a draw away to Juventus, their other games are very doable. I think they'll finish between 8th and 11th.

It's nice to freshen up a stale format, but this is a little ridiculous and highly questionable from a fair-to-all point of view

They managed to be confusing and underwhelming at the same time. More games to play and only 8 teams leave the overly complicated group stage. This will be a complete bore fest.

After years of being called Champions League, now it truly becomes a league.

Feels like everything is slowly turning into American sports with league games followed by play-offs. Soon, we’ll replace knock out games by ‘series’ of 7 games…

And calling the winners the World champions

I still think its ridiculous that City and Girona were both allowed to play in this competition at the same time when they are both owned by the same person