Champions League 24/25 | Matchday 2: October 1-2

Find it bizarre that I gobble up all the manutd news and updates…injuries, transfers, pressers etc

But outside of our games I literally have zero interest these days in any other match

Sky (like last time around) trying desperately to create a Utd/Arsenal or Chelsea/Liverpool type narrative. But Arsenal city is just so unbelievably dull

After watching us get absolutely demolished in the CL finals in '09 and '11, I will never not enjoy seeing Barcelona lose.

Ter Stegen had a mare of a game, his error caused the red card and then made a shocking attempt at a save for the second goal. I always hate it when keepers try to guess a side when saving rather than reacting to the shot, so many times they could've saved the shot had they stayed at their spot. Had Ter Stegen just stayed at his spot, it was a shot straight at him that he would've saved. Neuer never does that and it makes him formidable on 1v1s.

Also, I'll never not be sad watching Yildiz score another blinder and become the great player he's destined to become. Born and raised in Germany but decided to play for Turkey (though he always represented Turkey at youth level so fair play on that) but also was playing at Bayern until 2 years ago and they let him go for free.

Also, I'll never not be sad watching Yildiz score another blinder and become the great player he's destined to become. Born and raised in Germany but decided to play for Turkey (though he always represented Turkey at youth level so fair play on that) but also was playing at Bayern until 2 years ago and they let him go for free.
He was always rated in our youth department but there were concerns about his character and mentality. I think this was the reason why he didnt get a better chance in our first team.
Or maybe the fact that we have 2 similar players who are at least equally talented in Wanner and Licina.

I didn't watch the City match but just saw some pics of them in their kit. Absolutely hideous.

Looks like when you've had an old pillow too long and it goes all yellow and gross.

Really enjoyed this new format of not having any clue why one team is playing another or if it even really matters who wins, which in most cases it seems it didn't

He was always rated in our youth department but there were concerns about his character and mentality. I think this was the reason why he didnt get a better chance in our first team.
Or maybe the fact that we have 2 similar players who are at least equally talented in Wanner and Licina.

Yea watching him play and his attitude on the pitch, it does seem very arrogant and can ruffle feathers. I remember there was a dispute with his contract in that he wanted more money, which is why he left.

Wanner is quite different though, he's more of a CAM (very Ozil like) but Yildiz is a left winger. Don't think both would come in each other's way. Don't know if Licina.

It depends how the 5th team (Dortmund, 5th in Bundesliga) does though. They have an easy calendar and won away vs pot2 team yesterday.
Serie A will take a hit for sure due to the extra partecipating team: Bologna that yesterday failed to win the only easy fixture they have in the schedule and will most likely finish outside top24.

I think La Liga and EPL will get the extra-spot not because the extra german partecipating team but because I don't think Hoffenheim, Heidheneim and Frankfurt will go very far in the UEL/Conference, or at least I believe they'll perform worse than Tottenham/United/Chelsea or Sociedad/Betis and Nico Williams' Athletic
I don't think Frankfurt will perform worse than the teams you mentioned. Hoffenheim and Heidenheim will be "interesting" however.

It depends how the 5th team (Dortmund, 5th in Bundesliga) does though. They have an easy calendar and won away vs pot2 team yesterday.
Serie A will take a hit for sure due to the extra partecipating team: Bologna that yesterday failed to win the only easy fixture they have in the schedule and will most likely finish outside top24.

I think La Liga and EPL will get the extra-spot not because the extra german partecipating team but because I don't think Hoffenheim, Heidheneim and Frankfurt will go very far in the UEL/Conference, or at least I believe they'll perform worse than Tottenham/United/Chelsea or Sociedad/Betis and Nico Williams' Athletic

Not scared by Frankfurt. Half of their players play in Bundesliga, I know their value and they are not that good..

I don't get the Raya save, they're going on like it was a worldie. Was a shit pen and a shit follow up.
By definition, if it was a good follow up, it wouldn't have been saveable at all. A keeper can only make a great save in that situation if the finish is subpar. It's very harsh to say there are only 2 options, either a good finish and the keeper has no chance, or a poor finish and the keeper therefore gets no credit.

The 2nd save is clearly a great save in the sense that not all keepers in that scenario would have been up in time to stop it crossing the line. The save he makes is right on the line, there's many keepers where it would have sneaked over the line as they wouldn't have reacted fast enough.

In England, I see certain EPL clubs marginalising the League Cup and FA Cup when expansion of this competition takes place. I can't lie, I would have rather preferred to see us play Qarabağ FK instead of Barnsley on Tuesday.

Very fair point.

It's mental how the media treats some players as superstars when they're bang average. I think I'm just pissed off some lemon called him one of the top 3 keepers in the world yesterday.

Media so fickle. Last season their entire narrative was that Ramsdale was the better keeper and they were pouncing on any mistake made by Raya (Brentford from memory). Suddenly as Arteta has grown in status so has Raya. Pen should have been re taken as Raya was well off his line.

Raya is a way way better gk than Ramsdale and the save was exceptional

He's not amazing or anything but this place is has a real problem with british media for some reason...