Champions League 24/25 | Matchday 2: October 1-2

Watching Brest as I was previously a season ticket when I lived there. First ever European game for them. Played well so far, but an equaliser for Sturm Graz right at the end of the half there which is very disappointing and harsh.

All the games have been boring so far. Barely any intensity to any of the games.

He is a really good dribbler, however he is not a right back, is he.

There are very few traditional fullbacks left, though. Most either take up positions high up the pitch or play in midfield roles when in possession.

If they do, it really begs the question rather the PL is all that. They win almost every week home and away.
Obviously the CL is a stronger competition than the PL, that's not a surprise, but also Arsenal have precedent of being underwhelming in Europe.

Im not sure Arsenal would be happy with a draw, they have PSG next which isnt going to be easy
PSG without Mbappe I am not afraid at all. Even during our horror show years they never beat us in the group stages.

Without Odegaard we have no creativity. Its one area of the pitch we have no backup, unlike other positions and its showing.

I literally yawned during the game :lol:

PSG without Mbappe I am not afraid at all. Even during our horror show years they never beat us in the group stages.

Without Odegaard we have no creativity. Its one area of the pitch we have no backup, unlike other positions and its showing.

I literally yawned during the game :lol:
PSG without mbappe is still stronger than Atalanta.

All the games have been boring so far. Barely any intensity to any of the games.
Today or the whole match day? I mean you can call a slightly one sided affair like a 9-2 boring, but lacking intensity?
Speaking for only today, i found Monaco - Barca pretty intense, lots of end to end plus the added handicap of Barca coming back with one man down.
Of course several games each day have been very dull, but not all.

There are very few traditional fullbacks left, though. Most either take up positions high up the pitch or play in midfield roles when in possession.
He is much closer to winger than rb. Anyway Grimaldo is your best wing-back.

Total xT domination, unlucky defeat:

Pretty much my feeling from the game. Feyernord were in more threatening positions but Leverkusen were much more clinical with they chances. They'll have it much tougher against better opposition coming up.

Maybe so but still most fullbacks in a 4 man defense do not play as high as Leverkusen's wingbacks.

Hand contact not enough for pen, the first leg contact maybe not enough, after that a dive. Close.

If he's not a particularly good dribbler then which right back is? In one on one situations, he's probably ampng the best in the world. His big weakness is composure. Could have had 10 more goals last season if he was more clinical.

I meant to say he isn't a great dribbler for someone who you would want to play as a winger, in case a team thought to play him there. He's more of a hit and run dribbler, of course he has skill but don't think he has the level of skill to get past multiple players under pressure consistently.

He's certainly a great dribbler by a right back's standard but his other qualities aren't fit for a traditional right back, or the modern right back that plays inside as well.

This Raya chap is not bad you know...