Champions League — quarter-finals and semi-finals draw

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
I understand the frustration and it was poor from the officials but once he'd blown the whistle the real players and goalie stopped playing so we'll never know if he'd actually have scored.
I haven't heard any whistle. There are clear rules that the refs have to play on until the attack is over. Especially in so close situations.
They even do, if the player is offside by a over a yard. That's a scandal, hope this ref never gets a big match again.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I haven't heard any whistle. There are clear rules that the refs have to play on until the attack is over. Especially in so close situations.
They even do, if the player is offside by a over a yard. That's a scandal, hope this ref never gets a big match again.
Whistle was loud and clear tbh

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Madrid culturally are a different gravy.

They lost their best player last summer, didn't even bother trying to replace him. Went and brought a midfielder and just told Ancelotti to get on with it, and now they're in another CL final.

United fans would spend the season moaning about how badly the club let down the manager and how expectations should be lowered because of X reasons.
Can you feck off with this nonsense? Same shit every fecking post.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Imagine being able to put that tweet in a still, distill each of those words and drink those delicious weeps.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Thank you! As I said to Giorno, reminded me of 2012. I thought it was a very intelligent match.
At the end I was too nervous to evaluate your tactical mistakes or changes. I loved the tie. Now I hope not to see you in a few years, until the final of S.L 2030.
I like „our“ ties. It always has the adequate gravitas for CL knockout games.
I‘ll be rooting for you in the final.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
There was a whistle. Wrong decision but there was.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
It's not de Ligt but Pavlov

Kane? Wasn't even on the pitch anymore. It's de Ligt he wasn't the one challenging Rüdiger.
Rüdiger headed to de Ligt who got a few shot from the penalty point.
I haven't heard any whistle and I doubt the keeper would have held the shot anyway.

Madrid was better the second leg but in the first leg Bayern was better.
We have been cheated worse in Madrid and in the end this one is on Neuer. Bad mistake and of course Madrid very lucky that the ball fell directly to the feet of joselu.
Nacho should have had a red card that's a clear assault without the ball nearby.
It didn’t fall to his feet, it was pretty good strikers instinct to be there following it up.

G3079

Supports
Nobody in particular
Neuer might have made the most obvious mistake of the evening, but the one who truly lost the game for Bayern to me was Tuchel. Substituting off your entire attack with so much of the game still left to play and being only one goal up, and even worse, changing to a back-five formation which Bayern has almost zero matchgame experience with - those are decisions I won't ever understand.

Subbing out Sane was fine, he was having a terible evening, but bringing on Kim for him, who has had a very underwhelming year and has been directly at fault for both goals in the first leg certainly wasn't a move I wanted to see, especially when it throws the entire backline in disarray by changing formation. Bringing off Musiala and Kane of all things I don't get. Even coming on fresh, neither Mueller nor Choupo improve on the threat those two provide, and they aren't great at holding up the game or contributing defensively either.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Imagine being able to put that tweet in a still, distill each of those words and drink those delicious weeps.
Ronaldo was offside though so he's not wrong but it was pre VAR so that one is lost to time really. This one is inexcusable they have the technology but decided to blow instead of play the advantage and then check after.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
And the defenders clearly stopped trying couple of seconds before the shot.
Exactly. It was a horrendous mistake by the linesman but let’s not pretend that the goal would happen in exactly the same way had the play continued. But what a trash call.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Exactly. It was a horrendous mistake by the linesman but let’s not pretend that the goal would happen in exactly the same way had the play continued. But what a trash call.
the main feck up was on the ref. Shouldn't have whistled there, wait for play to end. Really weird because he'd been great to that point, he's been one of the few generally good refs in europe in the last few years

MassVolto

Supports
Milan
At some point does the number mean anything anymore? I think Milan's 7, Bayern's 6, all sound historic. Somehow 15 just sounds like a silly outlier and clubs should start excluding RM from the discussion. So for me, from now on, Milan have the most ECs.
Thank you

kouroux

the main feck up was on the ref. Shouldn't have whistled there, wait for play to end. Really weird because he'd been great to that point, he's been one of the few generally good refs in europe in the last few years
Isn't the ref supposed to whistle when the lino lift his flag ?
Did the ref whistle before the lino lifted his flag ?

Crazy situation tbh

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
We always get screwed at Bernabeu by the refs

Viktor Kassai and now Marciniak

KeanoMagicHat

Apart from how he would have given a ridiculous goal after Nacho shoved Kimmich but for VAR that he somehow didn’t see on first viewing.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Isn't the ref supposed to whistle when the lino lift his flag ?
Did the ref whistle before the lino lifted his flag ?

Crazy situation tbh
No? Ref whistles when he decides to, not when the lino flags it. In this case he was too hasty to trust the lineman

For the record: do we actually know whether it was offside or not?

Withnail

He definitely blew the whistle. The linesman shouldn't have put the flag up so early and they should have played on but he did and the ref blew. The goalie definitely stopped playing once the whistle went and possibly some of the defenders. Maybe he would have saved it or maybe he wouldn't but it's not as clear cut as being robbed of a definite goal.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
They genuinely looked offside to me. And then Madrid stopped playing. I know it’s hard losing but clutching at straws blaming this as some kind of injustice
Looked offside? No one could have said for certain that its offside

kouroux

No? Ref whistles when he decides to, not when the lino flags it. In this case he was too hasty to trust the lineman

Be In Sport drew lines and said Mazraoui was onside but then again, their lines aren't the official ones so who knows. About when the referee whistles for offside, it is usually after his assitant lifted the flag cause he has no angle to assess the offside, I don't know why he rushed to whistle tbh.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Apart from how he would have given a ridiculous goal after Nacho shoved Kimmich but for VAR that he somehow didn’t see on first viewing.
Eh, big ruck in the box, shit happens, it's an understandable miss. Especially because it's a coming together and he may not have the angle to see Nacho's arms

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich

It looked like Rüdigers heel was on line with Mazraouis shoulder, but I havent seen a calibrated line.
Anyways it's so close that you cant whistle immediately.

But you were better today and deserved to go through, congrats.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We always get screwed at Bernabeu by the refs

Viktor Kassai and now Marciniak
Dude. Kassai gave you a chance. If he'd been competent Vidal is off after 10 minutes and we win 5-0. Come on.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Looked offside? No one could have said for certain that its offside
Yes it looks offside. And the players then stopped playing after the whistle. People making out like play was continuing and you had a genuine goal ruled out

Realismo

Supports
Real Madrid
Dude. Kassai gave you a chance. If he'd been competent Vidal is off after 10 minutes and we win 5-0. Come on.
It's funny how they always omit that or the Ramos own goal that should be Lewandowski's offside.

Either way, ref fecked up not letting the play end but 9 min added, 2 extra for VAR etc, and the match ends nearly in the 13th minute mark:confused:.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Bayern out there trying to out-shithouse us. How dare they try steal our thing! :nono::lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's funny how they always omit that or the Ramos own goal that should be Lewandowski's offside.

Either way, ref fecked up not letting the play end but 9 min added, 2 extra for VAR etc, and the match ends nearly in the 15th minute mark:confused:.
I mean they did get truly robbed at the bernabeu the following season by that most madridista of refs - and caf hero - Cakir :D

The Purley King

The whole fecking point of it is that the Lino doesn’t put his flag up unless it’s very clear.
This was not clear at all. He looked onside to me in real time haven’t seen any other analysis.
Can’t blame the ref for whistling as the instructions to the linesman are very clear. If he puts the flag up it is clearly offside and so you whistle.
Massive feck up from the Lino. Career ending one might say.

Walters_19_MuFc

Because the goalkeeper makes an absolutely horrific unenforced error
I get that, but how many times do keepers fumble the ball, only not to be taken advantage of by a proper poacher. I said before that I believe Vini and Rodrygo dont get onto the end of that, simply because they're not really poachers like Joselu is.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Madrid was the better team today, no doubt. Still it's really annoying to lose sheet being up 1:0 that long. Madrid wasn't really threatening or putting a lot of pressure on since Davies goal.
At the end you can't win, if you gift a team like Madrid 2-3 goals in a CL semi final.
Tuchel's subs were terrible. Sané and Musiala were injured, but why take off Kane and bring on Choupo.
Also Pavlovic had cramps and got treatment while Madrid scored. Why didn't Tuchel replace him with Goretzka?

The feck of the refs in the last minute was the icing of the cake of spoiled evening.
On the other hand we probably would have gotten battered in extra time with the players left on the pitch.
Considering the poor form and shape of the team and injuries, players carrying knocks for weeks (Musiala) or months (Sané) as well as Gnabry and de Ligt just coming back from injuries, you couldn't expect more from the team.

This exit is easier to swallow than the last 2.
Gott the final I hope for dirty, narrow and undeserved Dortmund win or a real battering of Dortmund. At the end I don't care much who will win.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I liked him for most of the game but at some point he has to start handing out yellows for the tactical fouls. And the last mistake will probably get him out of CL/EL games for a while. The ref from Arsenal-Bayern hasn‘t featured in CL/EL since his „kid‘s mistake“ performance.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I get that, but how many times do keepers fumble the ball, only not to be taken advantage of by a proper poacher. I said before that I believe Vini and Rodrygo dont get onto the end of that, simply because they're not really poachers like Joselu is.
Yea you have to credit Joselu for that. Dier was right besides him when the shot came in but only he was anticipating Neuer spilling it while Dier thought it would be an easy save. If Dier had the same anticipation for the mistake as Joselu then Joselu wouldn't have gotten to the ball first. But then again, Dier was playing the whole 90 minutes and would have been much more tired than Joselu so didn't think he needed to spend more energy chasing a ball that would likely be saved.