Carabao Cup 2022/23

One reason is because they're defending with 10 men. Haaland is a great poacher but a liability defensively.

He wasn't there last season. They crashed out of the CL, FA Cup and almost bottled the league in the final rounds thanks to their shite defence.

I agree… we’ve shown we can beat everyone els. We can beat city when we’re at our best though.

The problem is they always fix the draw for revenue purposes so we get them in the two-legged semi.

As much as I’d rather City won, how did Rodri get away with kicking out AND raising his hands on a player?!

KDB is the best crosser of the ball I’ve seen since Beckham

After we get our oil money and Newcastle continue their spending spree he'll feck off to some other one league team like the coward he is.
Can't wait for him to sign for us when we get more money than City.

Milner sent to an early retirement by Palmer.

Keeper diving to the side when the ball was at his feet and trying to make it look like he saved a worldie :lol:

About Rodri's kick - do people think VAR would ask the ref to take a look? Or ignore it?
Also, would he have done it with VAR watching?

KDB will put up numbers cause his delivery is so good but he's miles off it mentally since before the world cup

Darwin is going to have a very impressive compilation of misses this season. I can't decide which one is my favourite so far.

Nunez is quite bad isn’t he. Think we dodged a bullet with that one.

KDB will put up numbers cause his delivery is so good but he's miles off it mentally since before the world cup
Imo I noticed City getting a bit lazy with it. Your play became one dimensional with KDB constantly getting into the inside wide position and constantly spamming balls to Haaland. It’s an understandable habit to fall into

Imo I noticed City getting a bit lazy with it. Your play became one dimensional with KDB constantly getting into the inside wide position and constantly spamming balls to Haaland. It’s an understandable habit to fall into

Agree, we haven't been on it really since the derby, its all ponderous, slow and then try a ballfor Haaland, very one dimensional.
But KDB is very I dunno whingey even by his own standards, giving out about passes 2 yards away from him etc..

The more time Nunez is given on the ball the higher the chance of making bad decisions.

Nunez is still a donkey, the WC didn't magically change that.

KdB is very pink already, he's going to be dangerous.

Maaan Nunez is gash.
He'll be kicking himself at half time but will most probably miss.

fecksake, third time he's done that, does he think the corner flag's the goal or something. Scores these chances in friendlies against fecking AC Milan and whoever in games I never get chance to see, and then does these things in the next. Boy needs to fix up.

He wasn't there last season. They crashed out of the CL, FA Cup and almost bottled the league in the final rounds thanks to their shite defence.

They conceded 0.68 goals per game in the Premier League last season, and have conceded 1 per game this season. They got 2.45 points per game last season, and have 2.29 this season.

Haaland may score a lot, but they look like a significantly weaker and more vulnerable team with him.

fecksake, third time he's done that, does he think the corner flag's the goal or something. Scores these chances in friendlies against fecking AC Milan and whoever in games I never get chance to see, and then does these things in the next. Boy needs to fix up.

Nunez is frustrating. But I'm enjoying him toying with City's back line. He's definitely causing chaos in there and Elliot is taking up advantageous positions from that chaos.

One thing you can say loudly about Nunez is he misses a feck load of chances. The other thing you also have to say, quietly on Redcafe obviously, is that he does score goals. Usually meaningful ones.

From the little bits I’ve seen it’s been a good cup tie. Both sides carrying a threat.

If Nunez could improve his finishing he’d be one of the best goal scorers around. Always in good positions but he struggles when he’s got more time on the ball.

Nunez is one of those players always right place at the right time but shanks more than he hits clean. Reminds me of Cavani when he had the same reputation, used to make all those amazing runs and then fluff his lines but still rack up a decent number. Prime Cavani, Nunez and Sterling would just about drive a fan insane, seasonal xg would be about 200 but actual goals would be about 60.

Nunez is frustrating. But I'm enjoying him toying with City's back line. He's definitely causing chaos in there and Elliot is taking up advantageous positions from that chaos.

One thing you can say loudly about Nunez is he misses a feck load of chances. The other thing you also have to say, quietly on Redcafe obviously, is that he does score goals. Usually meaningful ones.
I think he misses a lot more than scores though. If he scores some of the chances he’s had then he’ll be on double figures.

From the little bits I’ve seen it’s been a good cup tie. Both sides carrying a threat.

If Nunez could improve his finishing he’d be one of the best goal scorers around. Always in good positions but he struggles when he’s got more time on the ball.
Wouldn’t anybody who improved their finishing be one of the best goal scorers around? It’s not as if Nunez is a level down from elite, there is so much distance between he and the best goal scorers a round it’s not even funny

He’s an absolute donkey mate. So chuffed they signed him.