Bundesliga 2016/17

Augsburg only with nine men in the final seconds - a Bundesliga afternoon full of drama :D

:nono: We need to keep a clean sheet. Airtight defense is what we need next week.

No Xabi Alonso - Vidal!

If they play him smarter than on Wednesday... - but Leverkusen often leaves some space in defense...

But - Wednesday it did not matter who was the striker. I haven't seen the big Lewyshow alone against the tight defenses this or last season either. The press would be different for him as he is not fighting against the Superlewy image that comes from a different kind of matches...

:nono: We need to keep a clean sheet. Airtight defense is what we need next week.
airtight defense without Hummels, Martinez and with Boateng injured :lol: :lol:

We don't need an airtight defense anyway as we're playing away, we need to OUTSCORE Madrid

My god, Muller is proving every 5 minutes that he's simply not a number 9...

Can't believe it's still 0-0.. so many wasted chances in this game.

Coman has been very good, I'm happy to see him return to this form.

And with that one point Leverkusen actually make up ground in the snail race for those final 3 Europa League spots. Everyone else lost, it's as if nobody wants to play there. ^^
So if Schalke and Werder win tomorrow we'd have a very close race:

5 Hertha BSC 43
6 SC Freiburg 41
7 1. FC Köln 40
----------------------------
8 Schalke 04 40 (37 at the moment)
9 Borussia Mönchengladbach 39
10 Werder Bremen 39 (36 at the moment)
11 Eintracht Frankfurt 38
12 Bayer Leverkusen 36

Hertha, Freiburg, Köln, Mönchengladbach, Frankfurt all have 3 home games in the final 5 games so Leverkusen really needs a miracle to make it.

And yes, I'm assuming that Bayern or BVB will win the DFB-Pokal.

Last edited:
Disgraceful match. Not scoring and actually being in danger of conceding a goal against 10 men once or twice.
Let's just save the planet a few tons of CO2 and not fly to Madrid next week.

Jokes aside, it's shocking how we can't do anything without Lewandowski/a top striker up front. I miss tactical flexibility to overcome deficits in the squad imposed by injuries.

If you want to know what is wrong at Bayern...

That is the starting formation today...

C-BGRvJXoAEOTa9.jpg

Between Real and the Cup semi final against Dortmund Wednesday...

No Kimmich, no Coman, no Sanches

Boateng injured again?

Not just Boateng - Martinez, too.

Hummels does not have muscle problems - that might be the difference. He already said after the Real match that he never thought they get him fit - but did wonders.

If this is smart - I do not know. I know that they kept Schweinsteiger on the pitch with similar ankle problems for ages - all through the last world cup and the season before.

The season is over anyway so it doesn't really matter. I would give as much playing time as possible to Coman, Sanches and Kimmich. Maybe even to Costa to attract buyers, i don't think he's staying.