Bundesliga 2016/17

It still can't be denied, that british players have a comparably bad price/performance ratio. Kane and Alli are pretty good, but their absurd price tags for being pretty good *british* players put them off the radar by default.

The point I was making, which means Spurs have good chance of retaining them unless someone breaks the record to sign them.

The point I was making, which means Spurs have good chance of retaining them unless someone breaks the record to sign them.

Sure, but that's hardly something you can use as proof of Tottenham doing a better job at retaining players.

Why? Everyone knows it takes insane bid to land their player.

Because Tottenham didn't supply these guys with british passports. They just happen to have them. You can hardly sell the dire overall quality of british players as a testament of Tottenham's managerial capabilities.

Because Tottenham didn't supply these guys with british passports. They just happen to have them. You can hardly sell the dire overall quality of british players as a testament of Tottenham's managerial capabilities.

I'm not just talking about British players. It's about English teams selling any of their star player.

It's not just British players that are overpriced these days tbh. Mbappe is being quoted in excess of £100m just on the back of a couple of good showings.

Great debate in here! The only thing left is Glaston finding out that you guys are discussing Spurs and we can truly burn this thread.

The whole argument began from a fallacy, i'm surprised nobody mentioned it

Who exactly tried to sign Eriksen from Spurs last summer? Kane? Alli? Over the last 5 years, only two spurs players became a real transfer target for a european heavyweight. They sold both. Spurs superior ability to retain players right now is virtual. We have no way to know whether spurs can keep hold of eriksen until a real madrid/barcelona tries to sign him. Dortmund sold players to bigger teams that offered them much bigger wages. In the case of Hummels, they sold him with one year left on his contract after 8 years of service. Reus - local guy - had literally all of europe after him and choose to stay at dortmund

Spurs biggest advantage with Kane and Alli is that they are both british, one of them from their academy, the other is 20 years old in his second season, still too early for the mega-clubs to move for him.

Why? Everyone knows it takes insane bid to land their player.
The difference between Dortmund and Tottenham has been, that Dortmund simply refused to sell players with more than one year of contract like Lewandowski, Reus, Gündogan and Hummels despite Real, United, Bayern & Co. being interested, whereas it was just a matter of money and Lewy sold Modric and Bale.

If Kane and Alli refuse to extend and running their contracts down, then Spurs will also sell them before losing them on a free. What Spurs prob wont do though is keeping them until they have just one year left, cos that gives the player all power and that has been Dortmunds problem..too stubborn to sell and too naive thinking they could convince them extending.

It has also been a mistake of Dortmund, that they often waited too long to negotiate extensions, but that has been a German prob in general and Dortmund being extra stingy due to their financial history.

Darmstadt 98 has a reigning German World Cup winner in their squad. :lol: In the summer of 2013 that was less likely than Leicester winning the title in the next five years.

Reus scored for Dortmund. Good to see him back on the pitch.

Interesting that Dembele has been benched today. Reus backheels a pass from Pulisic into goal after three minutes. I think that´s probably their strongest line-up right now. Wonder whether Tuchel has the balls to start Reus-Kagawa-Pulisic at Monaco.

Interesting that Dembele has been benched today.

Maybe he's rested for Monaco.

Augsburg lead as well. Far too early, but if they can held on to their lead the battle for escaping relegation will be even better. And Hoffenheim 1-0 against Gladbach.

Kagawa close to the 2-0. Reus under the spotlight again.
Nice play by Eintracht here. The shot is way off the bar though.
What a save by Burki!

Frankfurt pull one back. That was coming.

Some nice goals so far! :drool: Hoffenheim-Gladbach 2-1.

Hoffenheim-Gladbach 2-2 now. Leipzig 1-0 (meh).

What a dodgy goal for Gladbach's equalizer. Clearly stopped the ball with the hand.

2-0 Leipzig.
3-0 Leipzig now. Game over.
Crazy game in Hoffenheim. The home team take the lead again.

Last edited:
Good to have Reus back, one of my favorite players. So elegant and a high level of footballing IQ.

Nagelsmann has done an incredible job at Hoffenheim. Future managerial GOAT ?