Bruno Fernandes | New contract until 2027

Still a top player. Still lots of quality there. The way we play does not do him any favours.
How can you say that when all season so far he has been putting in average to pathetic performances? What quality are you seeing? The guy can’t play a simple pass well enough he 90% of the time under hits it and slows most attacks down due to it.

He might not have deserved a red card for the foul, but for the performance he put in before that, he absolutely did !

I’ve no doubt he’s a good player, but he’s never world class. Regardless, he is the number one reason we get tanked in big games. Having mediocre players around him and trying to carry a 10 is never going to get consistent results, and it is a massive liability in some situations.

And then there’s the fact that his productivity, which used to be what made us overlook that, has tanked.

The new contract was a bad decision, one that looks like it could have come from the Woodward regime, and we should already be regretting it.

Why are people freaking out about the contract? He was widely seen as our best player so giving him a year extension and a raise was logical. We'll still get plenty of interest in the summer from the Saudis if he'll be willing to go, it's not like Casemiro, Bruno will be in demand.

I hope the red card doesn't get overturned so we see the team without him for a few games.
It certainly is not logical. In what world do you live in? He is under contract for United. The team got to 8th place even though he was good to decent at the end of last season, it is everything but logical to get a raise. There is of course also a chance that I am in the wrong industry or you having a set of expectation about employer that will hit you hard one point in time.
Fair play to him for at least having the courage to take the interview and apologise to his team.

We’ve had plenty of players who wouldn’t do that
Yeah because it means shit. Same for Rashfords excuses back in the day. Just keep it shut and play better next time. It is funny that these sort of PR stunts still have an effect in 2024.
He’s just taking the flack to protect the team
No it is PR - nothing more. The team gets more than enough flack without it.

Fair play to him for at least having the courage to take the interview and apologise to his team.

We’ve had plenty of players who wouldn’t do that
Nothing more than lip service while serving up dross game after game since he signed a new contract

Why are people freaking out about the contract? He was widely seen as our best player so giving him a year extension and a raise was logical. We'll still get plenty of interest in the summer from the Saudis if he'll be willing to go, it's not like Casemiro, Bruno will be in demand.

I hope the red card doesn't get overturned so we see the team without him for a few games.
The best player in a team that finished 8th deserves to get his contract extended and pay rise? How the hell is that logical to you?

Needs to be sold at the end of the season

Needs to be sold at the end of the season

Ideal, but don't see it happening with the wages we've put him on, and I suspect sections of the fanbase would be written letters to the board if rumours started circulating we're looking to sell, I'm afraid

He’ll be sold by the new coach to Saudi as no one paying Bruno £15m per year. He’ll be told to play as an 8 or Find another Club?

I was hoodwinked.

I've been critical of him before even joining us. He's just never been the type of player - especially as a 10 who's the focal point - I've ever liked in football. I prefer my 10s to have a more composed general style of play. However, after his performance in the final against City, which was his best ever, in my opinion, he won me over. I went from wanting to cash in on him to thinking he should stay.

I should've known.

I was hoodwinked.

I've been critical of him before even joining us. He's just never been the type of player - especially as a 10 who's the focal point - I've ever liked in football. I prefer my 10s to have a more composed general style of play. However, after his performance in the final against City, which was his best ever, in my opinion, he won me over. I went from wanting to cash in on him to thinking he should stay.

I should've known.
Personally, I never really understood the praise he got for that performance

Was it a very good performance? Yes, but he was playing as a false 9, so it's pretty much irrelevant to his future career here since he's mainly a 10 or an 8. When he plays in one of those two positions he's responsible for messing up our structure with his headless chicken, ball chasing antics or responsible for breaking up our build-up play with his errant passing. Those are somewhat negated when he plays as a false 9, but obviously there are countless players that we could sign that would be better 9s than him

Be very intriguing now, when we seem at a real low, to see the team without Bruno for two games. If ETH can survive that long, at least.

Said it a few times now, but if United continue to play everything through Bruno they are screwed. It's what's holding them back, as was proven against Palace and now Spurs.

Captain Marvel he ain't.