Bruno Fernandes | New contract until 2027

It would be one of the bigger tragedies post-SAF if Bruno doesn’t get to lift the EPL title (at least DDG did once during his years here). Whatever people say about him, he’s never ever even attempted to suggest that he’d rather be anywhere else and winning the things that we’ve struggled to.

I think he walks in to Madrid or Munich and wins multiple titles while earning the same. But instead he’s committed to Manchester United and for me that makes him one of us. He’s got a few areas where he can improve but he’s class on and off the pitch.

Great news. Has been our best player by a country mile post Fergie. But he’s been in a similar situation to Robbo in the 80’s (without the injuries). I think he sent out a clear message this summer to our hierarchy that he wanted to see improvements in the squad because he wants to win major titles whilst he’s still in his prime, so for me him signing is another hint the club’s finally heading in the right direction.
For me Fernandes is already a legend and he’s cemented his place in our history. Let’s hope he gets a league title within a year or 2-3, he absolutely deserves that. Truly great player.

Quality control
Oh great, few more years of watching him being next level obnoxious.

Best player in the squad...deserves it more than most at the club.

The performance in the CS reminds you of his class with zero minutes in pre-season.

Whatever people say about him, he’s never ever even attempted to suggest that he’d rather be anywhere else and winning the things that we’ve struggled to.

I mean, that's probably the reason he got a new contract. No one is loyal when other club offers him much better contract.

Excellent news, although the question remains unanswered as to why ETH demanded that break the bank for Mount.

Excellent news, although the question remains unanswered as to why ETH demanded that break the bank for Mount.
You presume it was to give Bruno a rest now and again, does he ever rest. Except Mason spent most of the season injured. Not sure what he will do now both are fit. Is Mount going to be on the bench?

Excellent news. I’ll never understand the hate for him that some have.

I hope he gets to lift the EPL trophy, as well as European silverware soon.

Created more chances than anyone els since joining. Creative machine! Glad he’s staying. He loves the club

You presume it was to give Bruno a rest now and again, does he ever rest. Except Mason spent most of the season injured. Not sure what he will do now both are fit. Is Mount going to be on the bench?
Didn’t they both line up together Vs city last week?

The only guy at United since Fergie retired who can really hold his head high and demand a new contract at his terms. One of United's best purchases. A proper team player. He is probably happy and satisfied with the club's ambition. Need to see him win the League and CL with United. Probably may never happen but I hope it does.

Didn’t they both line up together Vs city last week?
Wonder what will happen if we bring any more midfielders in. Then we also have Hojlund back eventually and Zirkzee to come in somewhere. It is a nice problem to have for a change.

Wonder what will happen if we bring any more midfielders in. Then we also have Hojlund back eventually and Zirkzee to come in somewhere. It is a nice problem to have for a change.
Absolutely. I’d rather have that problem than having a bunch of nobody’s on the bench or players not deemed good enough. Will be good to be able to rotate in the Europa league but still have a squad strong enough to win it.

He still had 3 years on his contract, why did we ever renew?
To give him a pay raise so that he’s among the top earners, in line with his enormous contribution and seemingly irreplaceability. Not just that he genuinely deserves it, I think this is important with regards to setting the tone with the rest of the squad.

To give him a pay raise so that he’s among the top earners, in line with his enormous contribution and seemingly irreplaceability. Not just that he genuinely deserves it, I think this is important with regards to setting the tone with the rest of the squad.
His pay is sufficient, the others are overpaid. This is a wrong step.

His pay is sufficient, the others are overpaid. This is a wrong step.
This.

We just keep on upholding and extending that artificially high wage gap, just because we made idiot decisions in the past.

Rashford and Casemiro should never have gotten such a high wage. But you don't fix that by putting Bruno up there as well.

Bruno was already on a long term contract. Even if he wanted to leave, we would have been in no position to have to sell.

Our best course of action would have been to get rid of the highest earners above Bruno, so that Bruno would be the highest earner by default. And if we couldn't sell those players anyway, that should have been the message. We know you deserve to be the highest paid player at the club, but we can't let crazy contracts from the past dictate future ones.

Thank the gods we didn't have some useless player on 600k a week. Then we'd have to give Bruno that to make him, his agent and his hordes of fans happy.

Fans celebrating this wage increase is just wild. It's like celebrating throwing millions of pounds away. I get why people love Bruno, although I think he has major flaws in his game that some fans just don't want to acknowledge. But these types of contracts are just really meaningless to give to someone who's already on a long term contract with already really high wages, just like Bruno.

It's actually ridiculous that so many of our fans are against his contract renewal. He is by far the best and most consistent player we had post SAF. Of course he's not perfect and his moaning and the occasional game with erratic passing is frustrating, but still he finishes every season in the top 3 of pretty much any meaningful attacking statistic. Not only that but he also never gives you the impression that he would rather be somewhere else (ehm Ronaldo ehm Pogba ehm Cavani ehm Di Maria ehm Rashford). Honestly sometimes I wish we would drop him from the squad altogether for 3 months just so all those fans realize what we had. Even if you put his ability aside, the guy is literally made of steel, plays 90 minutes twice a week and runs his socks off every game. Yet somehow his performance thread after every game is filled with moaning about his 2 misplaced passes, a few arm waves and 1 erratic shot. Baffling.

the problem with bruno getting an improved contract is that the other players will see this and think that if they start becoming our best player, then they might get a fat raise too. do we want a host of motivated and professional players in the squad?

Good news, I genuinely think he will do well dropping deeper into his 30’s ala Scholes, guy is so fit he could play into his 40’s.

the problem with bruno getting an improved contract is that the other players will see this and think that if they start becoming our best player, then they might get a fat raise too. do we want a host of motivated and professional players in the squad?
Are you saying we should offer Jadon Sancho a bumper contract to get him motivated?
I bet Shaw will get instantly fitter with extra 50k in his back pocket every week, might be able to afford a better diet for a change.

Smart.

Oh great, few more years of watching him being next level obnoxious.
The irony is beyond belief. I don’t mind non United fans posting on here and taking the piss, but only if they’re transparent and not pretending to be a United fan to wind everybody up. Mods, you know what to do!

The first mistep from Ineos...

Our Coutinho 'player and Moment' has evaporated. Expect another 2 years of a misbalanced midfield, nothing drastic is going to change in how we set-up.

By December 2024, we will be crying the same same cries we had last season, of being over run in midfield.

Reinforces the message, we will need another manager in the near future, as ETH still doesn't understand what/how midfield is crucial in Modern Football. ETH wants to win through sheer players quality rather than coaching a team to success and having a game plan.

Expect at the end of the season

being 5th in possession rankings
Being beaten around 8-10 games.
Winning at most 23 games.

As controlling football matches won't be our primary agenda.

Last edited:
It's actually ridiculous that so many of our fans are against his contract renewal. He is by far the best and most consistent player we had post SAF. Of course he's not perfect and his moaning and the occasional game with erratic passing is frustrating, but still he finishes every season in the top 3 of pretty much any meaningful attacking statistic. Not only that but he also never gives you the impression that he would rather be somewhere else (ehm Ronaldo ehm Pogba ehm Cavani ehm Di Maria ehm Rashford). Honestly sometimes I wish we would drop him from the squad altogether for 3 months just so all those fans realize what we had. Even if you put his ability aside, the guy is literally made of steel, plays 90 minutes twice a week and runs his socks off every game. Yet somehow his performance thread after every game is filled with moaning about his 2 misplaced passes, a few arm waves and 1 erratic shot. Baffling.

100 percent agree. If anyone should be getting a new lucrative contract, it's Bruno. He's a top player.

The first mistep from Ineos...

Our Coutinho 'player and Moment' has evaporated. Expect another 2 years of a misbalanced midfield, nothing drastic is going to change in how we set-up.

By December 2024, we will be crying the same same cries we had last season, of being over run in midfield.

Reinforces the message, we will need another manager in the near future, as ETH still doesn't understand what/how midfield is crucial in Modern Football. ETH wants to win through sheer players quality rather than coaching a team to success and having a game plan.

Expect at the end of the season

being 5th in possession rankings
Being beaten around 8-10 games.
Winning at most 23 games.

As controlling football matches won't be our primary agenda.

None of which has anything at all to do with Bruno playing on a regular basis.

None of which has anything at all to do with Bruno playing on a regular basis.

He's the face of this United team. The Captain. Talisman. Now one of the highest earners. He plays almost all games.
Is he the first player to have a contract extension from Ineos?? You get the drift... He is the main man, in the worst performing United Team in PL era

Or rather even the person playing him and giving him so much prominence yet we don't deliver is the main culprit probably.

Look at it, like this...

After HALF A BILLION pounds in Transfers, our midfield is dysfunctional as they come.
Remove Mainoo, an Academy Player who did cost ZERO pounds, the team goes into the midfield wilderness.

But when we get over run in games because of having poor midfielders, we will act surprised again.

Just wait for Fridays game and see how it will pan out.

He's a bit of a politician isn't he?
Reporter: Bruno, describe United in one word
Bruno: Home

:drool:

:lol: stop rewarding professionalism and consistency and start looking at their date of birth god dammit!

He's the face of this United team. The Captain. Talisman. Now one of the highest earners. He plays almost all games.
Is he the first player to have a contract extension from Ineos?? You get the drift... He is the main man, in the worst performing United Team in PL era

Or rather even the person playing him and giving him so much prominence yet we don't deliver is the main culprit probably.

Look at it, like this...

After HALF A BILLION pounds in Transfers, our midfield is dysfunctional as they come.
Remove Mainoo, an Academy Player who did cost ZERO pounds, the team goes into the midfield wilderness.

But when we get over run in games because of having poor midfielders, we will act surprised again.

I've read this three times and I've honestly no idea what point you're trying to make.

All of that can be true, and we just keep him on his current contract which we gave him just 2 years ago.

The fans want the club to make decisions that benefit the club, not that benefit individual players.

He was already on big money and we had him tied down for another 3 years if we wanted (2+1). There was no realistic danger of another elite club stealing him from us as he's not good enough or young enough to get a move like that, and we were in no imminent danger of losing him for free. All we've done is increased our wage bill to match the previous regime's ridiculous wage structure, and increased the likelihood of other players seeking the same bumper pay Bruno has.

I'm not seeing the benefit to the club here, only the benefit to Bruno's bank balance.

All of that can be true, and we just keep him on his current contract which we gave him just 2 years ago.

The fans want the club to make decisions that benefit the club, not that benefit individual players.

He was already on big money and we had him tied down for another 3 years if we wanted (2+1). There was no realistic danger of another elite club stealing him from us as he's not good enough or young enough to get a move like that, and we were in no imminent danger of losing him for free. All we've done is increased our wage bill to match the previous regime's ridiculous wage structure, and increased the likelihood of other players seeking the same bumper pay Bruno has.

I'm not seeing the benefit to the club here, only the benefit to Bruno's bank balance.
He's absolutely good enough for an elite club to want to steal him. The disrespect for our best player is staggering

Look at it, like this...

At the risk of repeating myself, none of this has anything to do with Bruno at all.

Our central midfield options are abject; I’ve said as such before. Bruno isn’t to blame for the fact that only Mainoo is good enough to play in behind him.

He's absolutely good enough for an elite club to want to steal him. The disrespect for our best player is staggering
The likes of Real Madrid, Bayern, City, Barcelona are not going to pay us the transfer fee necessary and £300k a week wages to sign a 30 year old Bruno Fernandes. They're just not.

Even in some fantasy land where we did get a giant bid, we still have the option to reject, or cash in. Extending his contract from 3 years option to 4 years option with a massive increase in salary just does nothing much for us at this stage.