Bruno Fernandes | New contract until 2027

I do wonder if his extension was based off from ETH recommendation? It’s insane when he still had 3 years left on his contract and we could easily have waited for at least another year.

Him and Rashford are the equivalent of Rooney after his renewal in 2013. Average, some good moments, most well paid players in the squad, stuck with them.

Go on to the United subreddit if you want to lose your mind. It is essentially 600,000 fanatics of the Church of Bruno. The man can do no wrong on there.
On the OneFootball app, the United fans have him as the player of the match. It’s genuinely crazy.

I think Bruno was tragic all season so far. Few weeks rest will definitely help him. Somehow I feel like we are going to do 9 points during that time.

He doesn't need a rest, he needs consequences to playing shite.

How does a guy who has played almost every game for club and country for at least 5 years not need a break? And also most those being a full 90?

Of course he hasn't played his best recently, but ridiculous to think it's not cos he's been run into the ground for a bit. He himself needs to understand he doesn't have to be a 'hero' each time but he needs to be fresh as well

He has no emotional control. It’s obvious from the way he plays.

Or just don’t spit your dummy out and don’t try to stud the opposition? Just a thought

Yeah, when I saw that it was him, I knew Bruno had lashed out. He does that kind of thing when he's rattled.

Before the red card, and before the goal, he'd started the game making 2-3 passes that were under hit or misplaced.

Just Bruno things. That's what you get for trusting someone like him.

Another mistake.

Creating chances aside he’s mentally poor and generally a pretty footballer with little pace, strength or dribbling ability to speak of. Need to move on and building him as this icon of the club serves only him.

It was 100%

It was deliberate, the same way any trip when a player is through is. It wasn't serious foul play though, the red card was nonsense.

It will be a blessing for us though, he's been a negative for a while now.

It was deliberate, the same way any trip when a player is through is. It wasn't serious foul play though, the red card was nonsense.

It will be a blessing for us though, he's been a negative for a while now.
Agreed, it will only be a blessing if Eric ten hag gets sacked but I worry people will say this result doesn’t count because of the red

Agreed, it will only be a blessing if Eric ten hag gets sacked but I worry people will say this result doesn’t count because of the red

Even without him getting sacked, Bruno has been awful this season and his frustrating tendency to boot the ball to the opposition has rubbed off on the rest of the team.

Him having an enforced absence will benefit us either way.

Still a top player. Still lots of quality there. The way we play does not do him any favours.

Still a top player. Still lots of quality there. The way we play does not do him any favours.

How have you come to this conclusion? The way we play is a result of the way he plays.

Not a red but he was shite. Isn’t the same player anymore unfortunately

in an ideal world he should be a squad player for a tema like ours, unfrotunately, he is good in flashes, which make every manager think about him that we got a chance if hes on the pitch. It absolutely doesnt compensate for the lack of control we have and he also misses so many easy chances with bad decision making. Hes basically in ideal position, hes allowed to play one hollywood pass after another. Roy Keane would fckin kill him for being so wasteful. At least Giggs was 39 when he played like that.

I hope his lovers are happy now that he's got his extension despite his constant awful performances since the beginning of 2021-22 season. This is nothing new and he's been absolutely awful for 4 years running (maybe less so in 22-23).

He never was what his fans made him out to be but being the a statpadder in a monumetally failing United team warrants a legend status for some. It is embarrassing. For years, I've been an advocate of getting rid of him and build for a 4-3-3 with a proper midfielder in place of him. These are my posts in his performance thread just from the last season :

He’s the perfect player to sell to Saudi. We should move on from him while he still has some value and build a proper midfield. I’d sell not just him but also Mount (+ not sign Amrabat either) if possible and buy some 8s & DMs. We need a completely new midfield that can control the game and it won’t happen with Bruno or another 10.
I said it before and I'll say it again: this summer is our last chance to sell him to some Saudi team for good money. Get rid and build a new midfield without him. We'd be much better off.
The usual wasteful Bruno performance. Only difference is he didn't score a penalty this time.

Perfect opportunity now to sell him in the summer and rebuild our midfield with the new owners coming in and probably our last chance to get decent money for him from a Saudi club. He should definitely be sold this summer.

Is there any doubt that we should've sold him to Saudi in the summer now? The real question is why we don't do the obvious (like with EtH) and still do the stupid mistakes?

That sub is hideous. Criticism of anything United gets down voted into oblivion.
Go on to the United subreddit if you want to lose your mind. It is essentially 600,000 fanatics of the Church of Bruno. The man can do no wrong on there.

They also worship Ole and see his awful stint as a positive period :lol: They're the definition of the word "deluded". I'm serious when I say RAWK is better than that place.

I don't want to be discriminatroy to any group of people but I can sorrily say that that sub is full of people from US or Canada who have zero ounce of understanding of football.

He is the end of any manager at United, and that ETH can't see that is equally damning.

I was totally against his contract raise as I think his legs are going.

Never rated him that highly anyway and to honest, Ineos haven't impressed thus far either.

The person who decided it was wise to give him a new contract when we finished 8th last season with him playing all games should be fired. INEOS biggest mistake till now

It was a terrible decision to make him captain, he is such a poor example to the rest of the squad, the captain should be strong mentally and a leader, neither can be attributed fernandes, who sulks and moans too much.

Why are people freaking out about the contract? He was widely seen as our best player so giving him a year extension and a raise was logical. We'll still get plenty of interest in the summer from the Saudis if he'll be willing to go, it's not like Casemiro, Bruno will be in demand.

I hope the red card doesn't get overturned so we see the team without him for a few games.

Fair play to him for at least having the courage to take the interview and apologise to his team.

We’ve had plenty of players who wouldn’t do that

Fair play to him for at least having the courage to take the interview and apologise to his team.

We’ve had plenty of players who wouldn’t do that

Kind of a weird one in the sense he apologised then said it wasn't a red. Could ask what he's apologising for if that's the case.

I agree with him about it not being a red too, and was surprised to see him apologise. Thought he was about to say it was one when the first thing he did was to say sorry.

Fair play though like you say. Maybe we could say the apology is for giving an overzealous ref the opportunity to send him off?

Ok. We were better with 10 men without Bruno, then with 11 men including Bruno.

Hopefully ETH can use the suspension as an excuse to drop him vs Porto and give the team a few matches without bruno to see how we do.

This match sums up his season so far and he himself epitomises the state of our team - capable of moments of magic but on average just a bunch of calamitous displays.

The person who decided it was wise to give him a new contract when we finished 8th last season with him playing all games should be fired. INEOS biggest mistake till now
I think they were listening on ETH too much as he had a good end of season and some interest. In hindsight, they should have sold him which many fans actually have foreseen

Kind of a weird one in the sense he apologised then said it wasn't a red. Could ask what he's apologising for if that's the case.

I agree with him about it not being a red too, and was surprised to see him apologise. Thought he was about to say it was one when the first thing he did was to say sorry.

Fair play though like you say. Maybe we could say the apology is for giving an overzealous ref the opportunity to send him off?
He’s just taking the flack to protect the team