Bruno Fernandes | New contract until 2027

Hold up… we’ve been trying to cut costs and wages but we’ve now just given him a contract in-line with the top earners. Are we setting a new standard of top earners and he is the barometer or is he now on Cas/Sancho money?

Because ideally no one should be on more than 300k a week. Not saying Bruno doesn’t deserve to be in the bracket of top earners but are we going to be back to paying out the arse wages. Or are he Sancho, Rashford and Cas going to be the last ones whilst we look to more sustainable wages.
Has the exact sum been mentioned? How much is he on ?

He turns 30 next month so this contract will take him to 33 with the option upto 34. We haven't learnt have we? Gill and Fergie has a strict policy of only one year rolling contracts for 30+ year olds, there's a reason why SAF was so successful, he knew players past that age could suddenly drop off in form. He was already on great money with years left on his contract, what's the point of handing out contracts if we think players won't honour them and need to give them pay rises on already great wages just to keep them?

Like him, but I would have preferred to cash in to Saudi if there was any way to make it happen.

So many forget how bad he was last season.
He was atrocious in the first half of last season. Although in fairness the season previous he had played the most minutes of any outfielder in the world.

Re longevity. He is the type of player to have a longevity. Very light, rarely injured, dives a lot so doesn't take a beating. Also peaked later than most.

Great to hear this. He is our best player by a distance and the best chance creator in Europe.

Not impressed at this deal.

We've just given a 30yr old with huge miles on the clock a 3 year deal.
Also, his performances last season nowhere near warrant that kind of wage. He was already on the max money he deserved.

Didn't we used to have a rule of only offering players over 30 a 1yr deal. That included legends like Giggs.
I suppose we can't get away with that any longer as we're nowhere near the force of old.

So we are giving a contract to our most creative player, someone who is very rarely injured, our captain, who appears great at settling and intergrating new players into the squad. Giving him a payrise as well. How dare they.

Glad to hear it's only till 2026 with a chance of extension in 2027. I'm off the unpopular opinion that we should sell him next year and reinvest in a couple of younger players with a high ceiling.

Glad to hear it's only till 2026 with a chance of extension in 2027. I'm off the unpopular opinion that we should sell him next year and reinvest in a couple of younger players with a high ceiling.

No, his original contract ends in 2026 but his new one has been extended to 2027 with an option to stay till 2028

So we are giving a contract to our most creative player, someone who is very rarely injured, our captain, who appears great at settling and intergrating new players into the squad. Giving him a payrise as well. How dare they.
There was no need for us to upgrade his pay. We simply could have let his current deal continue to run. If he didn't like that, then he should have been sold. Simple.

Mason Mount makes more than Bruno. And most likely de Ligt would get more than the current Bruno's. And it's already disheartening to see Sancho, Rashford, and the likes of Antony make much more or very close to what he's currently earned.

In any professional world, that most likely lead to dissatisfaction among your best workers. So the worker would either become less motivated, or seeking for a move.

The length of the new contract can be discussed though.

Last edited:
Mason Mount makes more than Bruno. And most likely de Ligt would get more than the current Bruno's. And it's already disheartening to see Sancho, Rashford, and the likes of Antony make much more or very close to what he's currently earned.

In any professional world, that most likely lead to dissatisfaction among your best workers. So the worker would either become less motivated, or seeking for a move.

Really? Wow that would be extremely demotivating and potentially toxic in the dressing room. The wage imbalance could have been a contributing factor to last season's malaise.

I doubt that is true re Mount. The totals we see are always with the player hitting all their extra clauses, like how Antony is rumoured to be on £70k base.

I remember the rumour the club saying a while back their aim was to have £200k as top band so I’d assume that’s max where he is + clauses.

Really? Wow that would be extremely demotivating and potentially toxic in the dressing room. The wage imbalance could have been a contributing factor to last season's malaise.

I don't think we had toxic dressing room. It seems like players were pretty close.

I'm wondering that the "rumor" interest from Saudi club was true, and United and him reached an agreement.

I don't think we had toxic dressing room. It seems like players were pretty close.

I'm wondering that the "rumor" interest from Saudi club was true, and United and him reached and agreement.
Then it's a testament to the leaders in that group, and also good man management. We've got a better bunch in there these days.

I doubt that is true re Mount. The totals we see are always with the player hitting all their extra clauses, like how Antony is rumoured to be on £70k base.

I remember the rumour the club saying a while back their aim was to have £200k as top band so I’d assume that’s max where he is + clauses.

You could be right. But most news outlets have it like this. And we all base players wage valuation from the news.

You could be right. But most news outlets have it like this. And we all base players wage valuation from the news.
Swiss Ramble had a thread on this. The biggest error is using the sites like capology because they just aggregate all figures they scrape online. You can work out a fair bit from end of year accounts.

Then it's a testament to the leaders in that group, and also good man management. We've got a better bunch in there these days.
Yes. What impressed me the most was the transition of captaincy from Maguire to Bruno. They're most likely the top leaders in the dressing room, and both (at least) are still showing unity and respect in public.

Swiss Ramble had a thread on this. The biggest error is using the sites like capology because they just aggregate all figures they scrape online. You can work out a fair bit from end of year accounts.

Then did he work it out on player's wages? It's probably difficult because in a season, the club is buying multiple players while probably extending some contracts. Then he has to figure out what clauses are triggered or whatnot for 20+ players.

Last edited:
So we'll put Dalot also on 240k next year? And Mainoo on what - 160k? I mean, we don't want them to feel demotivated because others earn more. Such thinking is the fundament of a crooked wage structure. The way out shouldn't be to pay up but to get rid of people who make more than they earn. It was idiotic to give Sancho so much to begin with. Same with Casemiro, at least in connection with a longer contract duration.

I'm happy with the new contract for Bruno, I just hope the basic wage is reasonable, and the contract is heavily bonus related in regards to performances, goals, assists.

In general, I believe we give out too high basic wages, and not enough in performance bonuses.
I hope this new Bruno contract is a move in the right direction, to cutting our wage bill, but make it more lucrative if our players actually perform.

So we'll put Dalot also on 240k next year? And Mainoo on what - 160k? I mean, we don't want them to feel demotivated because others earn more. Such thinking is the fundament of a crooked wage structure. The way out shouldn't be to pay up but to get rid of people who make more than they earn. It was idiotic to give Sancho so much to begin with. Same with Casemiro, at least in connection with a longer contract duration.
How did you extrapolate what I said into that mess?

How did you extrapolate what I said into that mess?
Pretty easy. You said that people who are dissatisfied with their salary could be "extremely demotivated" and "potentially toxic". Which apparently would be enough to pay up to prevent such dissatisfaction. So what happens, if Dalot has a very good year. Or Mainoo. You surely don't to allow them to be dissatisfied, don't you?

Do you see where such thinking leads to?

Then did he work it out on player's wages? It's probably difficult because in a season, the club is buying multiple players while probably extending some contracts. Then he has to figure out what clauses are triggered or whatnot for 20+ players.
I don’t know how to embed but just google Antony + Swiss ramble and it comes up. You can read his thread. It was in response to an Ogden piece. He also believes Bruno already is our highest actual earner because the other names like Sancho will be missing large % of clauses through not playing etc.

The Antony figure came from us saying we would loan him if someone covered his base salary only, which was then reported at 70k.

I think Swiss ramble is on the caf so if you work out his username you can ask him!

Pretty easy. You said that people who are dissatisfied with their salary could be "extremely demotivated" and "potentially toxic". Which apparently would be enough to pay up to prevent such dissatisfaction. So what happens, if Dalot has a very good year. Or Mainoo. You surely don't to allow them to be dissatisfied, don't you?

Do you see where such thinking leads to?
What a hot mess.

I don’t know how to embed but just google Antony + Swiss ramble and it comes up. You can read his thread. It was in response to an Ogden piece. He also believes Bruno already is our highest actual earner because the other names like Sancho will be missing large % of clauses through not playing etc.

The Antony figure came from us saying we would loan him if someone covered his base salary only, which was then reported at 70k.

I think Swiss ramble is on the caf so if you work out his username you can ask him!
I don't know the poster's name. But he reads this, please make a thread of United players wages, so we know what he thinks they're on.

Best player at the club, always available, and club captain.
Not only would half the forum sell him, but I see many of them now foaming at the mouth because he’s rightfully getting a new deal which extends his new one by just one guaranteed year and puts him rightfully on parallel with the club’s best paid players.

But hey, all you geniuses could just let him run down his current one till next Summer and have us over a barrel, thank the stars these numpties aren’t in charge.

Best player at the club, always available, and club captain.
Not only would half the forum sell him, but I see many of them now foaming at the mouth because he’s rightfully getting a new deal which extends his new one by just one guaranteed year and puts him rightfully on parallel with the club’s best paid players.

But hey, all you geniuses could just let him run down his current one till next Summer and have us over a barrel, thank the stars these numpties aren’t in charge.
You are totally right. And I am happy for him and his fans who can now finally find better sleep knowing that this horrible chapter of injustice finally has ended.

Hold up… we’ve been trying to cut costs and wages but we’ve now just given him a contract in-line with the top earners. Are we setting a new standard of top earners and he is the barometer or is he now on Cas/Sancho money?

Because ideally no one should be on more than 300k a week. Not saying Bruno doesn’t deserve to be in the bracket of top earners but are we going to be back to paying out the arse wages. Or are he Sancho, Rashford and Cas going to be the last ones whilst we look to more sustainable wages.

Why?

You are totally right. And I am happy for him and his fans who can now finally find better sleep knowing that this horrible chapter of injustice finally has ended.

What a strange little post. What the feck does “his fans” mean? Are you not a United fan??

The best players at every club, tend to be the highest earners, is this news to you?

I could understand some scepticism given it’s a huge contract taking him to 33/34 years old

But the squad will be completely rebuilt in that time and it’ll be smart to keep the captain in place for the transition

He’s also incredibly fit and I can’t see a massive drop-off post-30 like with Wayne Rooney for example. I think his peak will last a couple more years