Television Breaking Bad

I enjoyed that. A bit more subtle than blowing someone's head off, but still very enjoyable. Interesting to see that he decided to call it quits.

The WW stuff was about Gale's journal mentioning a "WW". When Hank shared it with Walt way back when, Walt suggested it stood for the poet Walt Whitman. The book Hank found was gifted to Walt by Gale.

The episode was named "Gliding Over All", which happens to be the name of a poem by Walt Whitman found in that book.

That eureka moment was a bit tame, still alot of work for Hank to unravel it all, especially with him now 'out' of the meth trade.

That eureka moment was a bit tame, still alot of work for Hank to unravel it all, especially with him now 'out' of the meth trade.

Something tells me Walter wont be able to keep out of it for long.

Now he is suspecting him, all those little things he just overlooked will suddenly become clues.

Saying 'I'm out' in Breaking Bad is a bit like saying 'I'll be back in a minute' in a horror film.

I loved the montages. Some other stuff I am not sure about

- How Hank found out.

- The whole smooth meth business thing

- Walt being out thing

I think all of it will be explained next year so I am going to withhold my judgement till then

Loved the money scene. Reminded me of one from Shield

UrEL1.jpg

Was anybody else quite stressed watching the pool scene at the end? It was obvious something was going to go wrong and I thought it was awesome that such an innocuous scene had me on edge.

Oh and thought it was class how Walt was like "You think I'm going to murder you here? Right now? In broad daylight?" and he was going to!

Was anybody else quite stressed watching the pool scene at the end? It was obvious something was going to go wrong and I thought it was awesome that such an innocuous scene had me on edge.

I thought Walt's son sign was gonna accidentally throw his sister in the pool

Yep I was freaking out. It was all way too calm and smooth. Half expected someone to burst in shooting.

You can tell a lot of thought goes into everything they do as well. Lydia saying "We're going to make a lot of money together" was the same thing Tuco said in Season 1. The shots before the pool scene at the end were the same as the ones in the cold open in season 2 (the plane crash thing). You get the feeling they know exactly what they're doing, which some shows lack sometimes, making them drop in standard.

It really wasn't very good at all, the ending just saved it.

I mean the three month skippity skip montage was just monotonous and extremely long.

EDIT: When the feck was that painting in it before by the way? Season 2 somewhere I recall. I really need a rewatch.

Speculation about the end of the next series
With regards to the level of thought that goes into EVERYTHING, Breaking Bad is almost certainly going to end with Walt pointing a gun to his head as the cops (Hank) close in, isn't it? Deja vu.

When it comes down to it, treating it like a half season rather than a season always meant it wasn't going to end anything like dramatically as some of the other seasons. I don't know why they just didn't do two or at least treated each eight episodes as such. I'm sure it'll end well with the next eight episodes and the cliff hanger made it interesting enough. But the way they went about it was always going to be slightly underwhelming

I loved the montages. Some other stuff I am not sure about

- How Hank found out.

- The whole smooth meth business thing

- Walt being out thing

I think all of it will be explained next year so I am going to withhold my judgement till then

Loved the money scene. Reminded me of one from Shield

Remember when Gale was killed? The police found the lab notes he had, in which he refered to Walter as W.W. Hank had been looking for clues in those notes, and knew that W.W. was Heisenberg? "But what does W.W. besides Walt Whitman?" Then we were shown that he was trying up loose ends: the "gambling", the fact that Walt was a chemist without a job, the cars, the Jesse Pinkman relation, the avoiding the laundry when taking a drive (when Hank could barely move), the meltdown with Skyler, and then reading that the dedicatory of the book was signed by G.B., now unmistakeably "Gale Boetticher".

The prison scenes were intense. Made me cringe even though I kind of expected what to happen, but holy feck, Mr Gilligan is all about style isnt it

I heard the BBC is making a version of Breaking Bad. Walt gets cancer then receives free high-quality treatment for 5 series.

A very good ending. It was obvious that the only person who can take off Walt was Hank. Anyway the final scene could be manipulated in many possible ways in the next season so we have to wait. Overall it was a good episode.

Oh and thought it was class how Walt was like "You think I'm going to murder you here? Right now? In broad daylight?" and he was going to!
Just wondering, how did he get the capsule under the hat. He walked in, took it off, and then when he picked it up, it was there. Trivial, I know, but usually Breaking Bad is pretty meticulous about things like this.

It really wasn't very good at all, the ending just saved it.

I mean the three month skippity skip montage was just monotonous and extremely long.

EDIT: When the feck was that painting in it before by the way? Season 2 somewhere I recall. I really need a rewatch.

One minor quibble I have with Breaking Bad is that they sometimes over the montage scenes (although they are invariably brilliantly shot.)

I will say this: there is no better show at cutting to the end credits.

Yeah, I got this deep sense of foreboding during the garden scene. I was almost relieved by the ending as children weren't harmed. I got the same sense of dread when Jessie was opening the bag as Walt was leaving. I kept thinking Walt had planted something in the bag to take Jessie out.

Yeah I don't see why people are down on that. If it hadn't been a mid-season cliff hanger and just "episode 8" in a 16 ep season we'd be raving about it. The whole Godfather prison scene was fantastic. I'm with kps88, I was expecting someone to start shooting down by the pool side, it was set up so obviously for something to happen by the laborious way they went about portraying it. In the end, the slow, calm reveal of Hank putting it together on the bog was more interesting for me, and typical of BB in not being obvious (despite being obvious that something would happen....erm...yeah)

It was always going to come down to Hank vs Walt, and now the last 8 eps are set up beautifully.

Though I'll certainly agree they draw out the montages too long. We've seen cooking to music a bit too much for my liking. We know we're all thinking "Alright, next scene now" rather than "Oh I hope this song continues to the end, I want to see how more meticulous they can be in every step of the process after 5 seasons!"

Yeah, I got this deep sense of foreboding during the garden scene. I was almost relieved by the ending as children weren't harmed. I got the same sense of dread when Jessie was opening the bag as Walt was leaving. I kept thinking Walt had planted something in the bag to take Jessie out.

I'm pretty sure that's what Jessie thought too. Which is why he left shot for a bit to get something after he'd seen who was at the door, and before opening it, and then brought out a gun at the end. He expected Walt to kill him.

Bets need to be placed now on whether it's Jesse, Hank or Skyler who kills him. I'm going with option A.

The montage was too long but other than that it was top notch. I can't believe that we have to wait for 10 months to see the next 8.

Wow what an ending!

Those prison scenes made me shit myself and pray that I never go there. The way you can just be killed so simply (and brutally) was pretty scary.

It's set up pretty well now I think. Hank knows (or at least has a pretty large-sized hunch) that Walt is behind the meth.

Walt (it seems) is giving up the cook.

So it will be interesting to see how Hank goes about getting the evidence needed to nail Walt. The wait will not be pretty though. :o

Yeah I don't see why people are down on that. If it hadn't been a mid-season cliff hanger and just "episode 8" in a 16 ep season we'd be raving about it. The whole Godfather prison scene was fantastic. I'm with kps88, I was expecting someone to start shooting down by the pool side, it was set up so obviously for something to happen by the laborious way they went about portraying it. In the end, the slow, calm reveal of Hank putting it together on the bog was more interesting for me, and typical of BB in not being obvious (despite being obvious that something would happen....erm...yeah)

It was always going to come down to Hank vs Walt, and now the last 8 eps are set up beautifully.

Though I'll certainly agree they draw out the montages too long. We've seen cooking to music a bit too much for my liking. We know we're all thinking "Alright, next scene now" rather than "Oh I hope this song continues to the end, I want to see how more meticulous they can be in every step of the process after 5 seasons!"

I'm pretty sure that's what Jessie thought too. Which is why he left shot for a bit to get something after he'd seen who was at the door, and before opening it, and then brought out a gun at the end. He expected Walt to kill him.

Bets need to be placed now on whether it's Jesse, Hank or Skyler who kills him. I'm going with option A.

Yeah, Hank putting it together reminded me of a similar scene in the previous season when he connected Gail to Gustavo: "since when do vegans eat fried chicken?" and then it cuts to the credits.

Specualtion about future developments relating to Hank's discover at the end of the last episode

Hank will probably act normal and try to work on bringing him down secretly. Walt will cotton on at some point though and then it's showdown time.

This season. First or second I think. It's when he gets his stuff to move back in.