Boehly is going to ruin Chelsea (hopefully)

Have you got anything to back that?

I haven't seen much mentioned on the wages from anyone that isn't a random Twitter account.

The only 2 names I recognise personally are Miguel Delaney who said Arsenal are paying less than 50% and Mike Keegan who said you're covering Sancho's wages.
Some tweet in this thread. I can't be arsed to trawl back through it. If it's wrong who cares really, 60%, 50%, 40%, whatever. I'm not gonna argue over what are probably made up figures.

Some tweet in this thread. I can't be arsed to trawl back through it. If it's wrong who cares really, 60%, 50%, 40%, whatever. I'm not gonna argue over what are probably made up figures.

Who's arguing?

Just seems based on what's out that your definitive no was wrong.

So you're paying half of sterlings wages and Sanchos? How do you feel about that?

Cheers btw.
I don't think it would be possible for me to care less about what % of Sterling or Sancho's salary Chelsea's multi billionaire owners pay. If anything I hope they're paying all of it for both as punishment for being dumb.

Nobody, that's why I said *I'm not gonna argue".

Weird response to discussing something you'd answered but I like reading your posts a lot usually so I'll put it down to being annoyed at signing a really, really rubbish player on deadline day.

Weird response to discussing something you'd answered but I like reading your posts a lot usually so I'll put it down to being annoyed at signing a really, really rubbish player on deadline day.
Leave him alone it's been a tough day for him

We've got rid of Lukaku and Sterling so we're overall less rubbish.

Meh Lukaku wasn't in your squad and Sterling is better than Sancho.

I'd more take solace in that you've got so many players that it's nearly impossible that you can't find 11 decent ones in there for most weeks.

I also think you have some really good midfielders so you'll probably be decent once things settle down.

I have absolutely no clue what the plan is at Chelsea. The only thing I can think of is they are trying to stock up on young talent and hope some hit. And figure the rest are young enough that they can sell them off for profit or little loss.

What they don’t seem to be considering is their youth setup is going to go to shit because nobody will have chance to break through. And their wage bill is going to ruin them with 40 senior players with significant wages on the books. And it’s impossible for any manager to keep that squad happy so tons of players are going to be banished to train with reserves.

I hope a decent amount of these players that Chelsea seem good enough tell them to feck off when Chelsea try and sell them. Make Chelsea pay out their 7 year contracts.

Have you got anything to back that?

I haven't seen much mentioned on the wages from anyone that isn't a random Twitter account.

The only 2 names I recognise personally are Miguel Delaney who said Arsenal are paying less than 50% and Mike Keegan who said you're covering Sancho's wages.

I was watching Romano's youtube live stream near the deadline and I remember him saying Sterling took a wage cut, and whatever his new salary is it will be paid halfsies by Chelsea/Arsenal.

Also:

I read yesterday:

When he came he proposed to Tuchel a 4-4-3 formation, with 12 players.
During one game at HT he went into the dressing room to show his friends and their families the team, leaving Tuchel furious who refused it.
To one pundit he seemed ignorant and unaware that Chelsea have to finish in the Top 4 for CL.
Told Potter to ditch his tracksuit and questionable hair for a suit and beard, which he did.

Absolute comedy and shocking how such charlatans pass the fit and proper test to buy out a club.

I don't get the Sterling and Sancho thing.

You would have thought forcing Sterling out would have been a financial thing, yet they have increased their wage bill by maybe £150-£200 k per week, and commited to £20 million + by basically swapping the players in the squad, and have a very good chance of getting Sterling back next summer too.

It is fair to say that Sterling is a better (or certainly not worse) player than Sancho, so there must be more going on here than them just looking cluless.

How the feck can they be paying half Sterling's wages and still not getting a loan fee? That was really the best deal they could do? He's not been very good for them but he'd still be one of e.g. Wolves' or Fulham's best players. FFS Fulham paid £27m for Emile Smith Rowe.

As an aside, the new smilies are still shit.

I personally think he's the best owner in football and should stay for life.
Fact City haven’t bought a replacement for Alvarez surely implies they have raised cash this summer to prepare for sanctions against the 115 charges. Consequently likelihood of Chelsea and Utd making top4 is massively under estimated in my opinion. Chelsea should win ECL.

I think it will be hilarious if Chelsea finish above Arsenal and City this season and TB goes on ‘stick to football’ to explain why Carra and Neville are footballing dinosaurs and why he (TB) was a visionary. Stranger things have happened.

How the feck can they be paying half Sterling's wages and still not getting a loan fee? That was really the best deal they could do? He's not been very good for them but he'd still be one of e.g. Wolves' or Fulham's best players. FFS Fulham paid £27m for Emile Smith Rowe.

Sterling wasn't going to move to Wolves or Fulham.

Chelsea out themselves in an incredibly bad negotiating position re Sterling by leaving it so late. It's amazing that he agreed to a pay cut.

That's what happens when you make stupid decision this late in the window. If Sterling had been told two months ago he wouldn't be part of the plans, there would have been more time to find a better deal.

But now it was either accepting Arsenal's silly loan bid or keeping him around stinking up the place and also having to pay his full salary rather than just half of it. Of those two terrible options the club chose the one that was less shite. At least this way it's possible for him to perform well enough to land a permanent sale next year, whether it would be Arsenal buying him or someone else.

When you've publicly said he's not part of your plans, you leave yourself without the best bargaining chips. Having someone pay half his wages is better than nothing.

I’ve lost track…

Lukaku is at Napoli.
Osimhen is stuck at Napoli.
Sterling is at Arsenal.
Sancho is at Chelsea.
Toney is in South Africa.

Is that what happened?

I’ve lost track…

Lukaku is at Napoli.
Osimhen is stuck at Napoli.
Sterling is at Arsenal.
Sancho is at Chelsea.
Toney is in South Africa.

Is that what happened?
Toney is in Saudi Arabia, but I suppose that was close enough. :lol:

I have absolutely no clue what the plan is at Chelsea. The only thing I can think of is they are trying to stock up on young talent and hope some hit. And figure the rest are young enough that they can sell them off for profit or little loss.

What they don’t seem to be considering is their youth setup is going to go to shit because nobody will have chance to break through. And their wage bill is going to ruin them with 40 senior players with significant wages on the books. And it’s impossible for any manager to keep that squad happy so tons of players are going to be banished to train with reserves.

I hope a decent amount of these players that Chelsea seem good enough tell them to feck off when Chelsea try and sell them. Make Chelsea pay out their 7 year contracts.
Or they going to get some type of ban in the future (they knows it’s coming) get them all in. It’s literally shoe horning at this point

Stupid cnuts should’ve made him available in June and worked on brokering a deal over the Summer.
Including him in preseason plans only to then completely alienate him so publicly is just the most Chelsea thing imaginable, it’s like they have board meetings to discuss just how they can possibly spend more than anyone ever by the most stupid means possible. Most dumb idea wins.

Last edited:
Hot take : Their squad seems decent and well balanced in most positions, if their manager can get a tune out of them, they have a top 4 squad.

Fact City haven’t bought a replacement for Alvarez surely implies they have raised cash this summer to prepare for sanctions against the 115 charges. Consequently likelihood of Chelsea and Utd making top4 is massively under estimated in my opinion. Chelsea should win ECL.

I think it will be hilarious if Chelsea finish above Arsenal and City this season and TB goes on ‘stick to football’ to explain why Carra and Neville are footballing dinosaurs and why he (TB) was a visionary. Stranger things have happened.
I don't think City will pay any potential massive fine from sanctions with transfer money. They will use their owners' pocket

Hot take : Their squad seems decent and well balanced in most positions, if their manager can get a tune out of them, they have a top 4 squad.

They spent over a billion and forgot to get a decent 9. Plus they have like 12 guys on senior wages training away from the team. They’re a mess.

Their squad is talented but I could see them finishing anywhere from 3rd to 12th.

I was watching Romano's youtube live stream near the deadline and I remember him saying Sterling took a wage cut, and whatever his new salary is it will be paid halfsies by Chelsea/Arsenal.

Also:

I love the fact that Sterling is a boyhood United fan yet has now played for all of the big five apart from us.