Boehly is going to ruin Chelsea (hopefully)

Wouldn't you have been better promoting some youth player as a backup? Do you really need Dewsbury-Hall?

cheers for the £30m will be interesting to see how the young lad Michael Holding gets on when that deal is done here

Wouldn't you have been better promoting some youth player as a backup? Do you really need Dewsbury-Hall?

In my opinion, no, but my guess is Maresca knows him well and thinks he's a perfect fit for our midfield, and if that's the case, then ok cool. He's a pretty good player, but my view has always been throughout this that we could and should produce Dewsbury-Hall calibre players at Cobham in our sleep.

cheers for the £30m will be interesting to see how the young lad Michael Holding gets on when that deal is done here

Are the good folks over at FoxesTalk wishing nasty injuries on him the way they are towards Chilwell? ;)

Enzo loved him here, this will have been driven by him, solves a PSR issue for us too, KDH has been a model pro in this genuinely didn't seem to want to leave and crucially never quit on the side unlike Maddison and Barnes when they knew they were off in the summer, good luck to him

Are the good folks over at FoxesTalk wishing nasty injuries on him the way they are towards Chilwell? ;)
we accept players will leave we just want players to not act the cnut to force it through, Kante is still beloved yet he made the same move, Chilwell acted like a a cnut to force it through, as did Drinkwater and Fofana, as I have just said KDH has been a class act through out, we also knew since January he was likely to be sold this summer

we accept players will leave we just want players to not act the cnut to force it through, Kante is still beloved yet he made the same move, Chilwell acted like a a cnut to force it through, as did Drinkwater and Fofana, as I have just said KDH has been a class act through out, we also knew since January he was likely to be sold this summer
I didn’t know that Chilwell used to play for you.

I didn’t know that Chilwell used to play for you.
he came through the academy at Leicester. I expect Chilwell to struggle for game time under Enzo, I can't see him inverting into midfield or playing as a 3rd CB in the way Enzo uses his full backs, maybe he can become a winger for him?

he came through the academy at Leicester. I expect Chilwell to struggle for game time under Enzo, I can't see him inverting into midfield or playing as a 3rd CB in the way Enzo uses his full backs, maybe he can become a winger for him?

He'll start the season as backup to Cucurella for certain who was great for us last season and is carrying on that form with Spain. Injuries have ruined Chilwell sadly.

I'm kinda joking, I understand the hostility towards some players, even if some Leicester fans often go way over the top with the nastiness. I can't remember specifically what Chilwell said or did, but I do remember Fofana being a bit childish on social media or his agent doing too much in the press and that was never going to sit well with the fans.

Last edited:
He'll start the season as backup to Cucurella for certain who was great for us last season and is carrying on that form with Spain. Injuries have ruined Chilwell sadly.
I could see him preferring Cowill there over Cucurella, depending on the 2 CBs Reece James inverting seems nailed on, should help his injuries too

Cucurella is so comfortable on the ball though. I can see him as a perfect fit there.

Maybe United should loan Chilwell and between him and Shaw, we might cover enough games to only need Lindelof there half the time.

In my opinion, no, but my guess is Maresca knows him well and thinks he's a perfect fit for our midfield, and if that's the case, then ok cool. He's a pretty good player, but my view has always been throughout this that we could and should produce Dewsbury-Hall calibre players at Cobham in our sleep.

Did we really need half the transfers we've made in the past 20 years?

The new manager knows this guy and 30 mil aint much these days. Wouldn't have been top of my list but lets see!

Kinda reminds of Moyes/Fellaini saga. Hope Maresca doesn't show videos of KDH for Fernanez/Caicedo to learn from!

Kinda reminds of Moyes/Fellaini saga. Hope Maresca doesn't show videos of KDH for Fernanez/Caicedo to learn from!

It happens sometimes. Sarri brought Jorginho with him, and he turned out to be a brilliant player for us years after Sarri was gone and continues to be a productive player in this league and with Italy.

Why didn’t he get an opportunity?

We have Mudryk and Sterling in the squad. I’d have preferred another loan to allow the club time to move Sterling on and see if Mudryk can develop more in year 3 of being here. I can understand if he wants the move. Chelsea do tend to do right by players and their careers, if they have certain wishes.

Rate Estevao higher most likely.
We have Mudryk and Sterling in the squad. I’d have preferred another loan to allow the club time to move Sterling on and see if Mudryk can develop more in year 3 of being here. I can understand if he wants the move. Chelsea do tend to do right by players and their careers, if they have certain wishes.
Too much money to turn down for a player in a position where he have a ton of depth, in the first team and at younger levels.

We signed him when he was 18 so I don't really consider him academy product.

Just seems like a strange signing. Only played a few minutes, sent on loan, did well and then sold.

Just seems like a strange signing. Only played a few minutes, sent on loan, did well and then sold.

I think Chelsea played a blinder.

Hutchinson is small and slight and while he did well on loan he also rode a crazy hot streak (10 goals on an XG of 5.2).

My suspicion is that he's going to struggle in the PL and that a year or two from now we'll look back on this fee as a great one for Chelsea.

And Arsenal, you lot got a very healthy chunk.

We got a piece but my understanding (could be wrong) is that it was only in the 15-20% range so Chelsea definitely made out better.

I think Arsenal and Chelsea's evaluation of the player (not good enough for a big PL side) were probably similar all along but Chelsea are more effective/aggressive at figuring out how to monetize those kinds of assets. I hope Arsenal learns from the experience.

We got a piece but my understanding (could be wrong) is that it was only in the 15-20% range so Chelsea definitely made out better.

I think Arsenal and Chelsea's evaluation of the player (not good enough for a big PL side) were probably similar all along but Chelsea are more effective/aggressive at figuring out how to monetize those kinds of assets. I hope Arsenal learns from the experience.

Some things are just out of your control as well though. We loaned out Patino to Swansea the same time Chelsea loaned out Hutchinson to Ipswich. Both same age, roughly same experience, both highly rated youngsters, at the time both clubs you'd have said roughly the same stature and chance of success.

Ipswich blow up in the Championship, get promoted where Hutchinson is a key player, allows them the funds to pay really good money for him, meanwhile Swansea struggle, Patino doesn't really establish himself, so now his market value hasn't been driven up the same way Hutchinson's has.

Some things are just out of your control as well though. We loaned out Patino to Swansea the same time Chelsea loaned out Hutchinson to Ipswich. Both same age, roughly same experience, both highly rated youngsters, at the time both clubs you'd have said roughly the same stature and chance of success.

Ipswich blow up in the Championship, get promoted where Hutchinson is a key player, allows them the funds to pay really good money for him, meanwhile Swansea struggle, Patino doesn't really establish himself, so now his market value hasn't been driven up the same way Hutchinson's has.
Is Patino the same age?

Chelsea youth staff realising their jobs are pointless?

Chelsea youth staff realising their jobs are pointless?

Neil Bath has been at Chelsea at Chelsea since the 90s. There was a period of 15 years from when Abramovich took over till 2019 where Chelsea managed just 1 academy player to come through and establish himself. For many years, up until 2017, Terry remained the last academy product and he came through in the late 90s. Current Chelsea is a million miles better at integrating Chelsea youth than at any point before 2019 and after 2000.

Neil Bath has been at Chelsea at Chelsea since the 90s. There was a period of 15 years from when Abramovich took over till 2019 where Chelsea managed just 1 academy player to come through and establish himself. For many years, up until 2017, Terry remained the last academy product and he came through in the late 90s. Current Chelsea is a million miles better at integrating Chelsea youth than at any point before 2019 and after 2000.

Do you know the reason they're deciding to leave then?

Do you know the reason they're deciding to leave then?

No idea. I don’t think the details have been reported anywhere. It’s something I’m very interested in finding out.