Boehly is going to ruin Chelsea (hopefully)

I’m staggered that we’re in 2nd place on that list. It feels like we have never been good at selling players, even before the Glazers.

I'm quite surprised at that too, but there's barely any difference between City, Liverpool and United, so one good sale could change that order completely. I don't think Alvarez to Aleti is included here, so that might have already changed :lol:

It's fecking bonkers.
Imagine being an old time fan of a club and having this. There's no sense of belonging. Abramovich was a crook and distorted the market with his spending but at least he wanted to win games and trophies. This lot only cares about 'creating value' as they would call it. They might as well move the club to Jersey or the Isle of Man to continue their financial shenanigans. Doesn't seem the fans are something they could care about.

There was an interesting section on Boehly in "The worlds biggest cash machine" . His philosophy in a nutshell is basically that the the EPL still seriously underdeveloped as a revenue generator. The thinking is that the NFL generates huge revenue from various streams but is fundamentally limited to North America. The EPL in comparison has worldwide appeal and so should be able to earn multiples of what the NFL can.

Cole Palmer under contract until 2033 speaks of someone who doesn’t understand football.

He’d be worth the same with a contract expiring in 2029 as 2033. And he’ll agitate for a higher salary or a transfer if Real Madrid et al come in for him in a year or two.

I suspect it’s accounting nonsense. But a 9 year contract is mental.

2024 and people still talk about Boehly even though he has little involvement.

I thought it was someone else’s turn to be CEO? aren’t they doing revolving thing with the owners
iu

Haha, even Chelsea’s own website don’t know who is in charge. It’s all pedantics anyway. It’s different faces but the same idiotic plan.

“But Boehly isn’t even involved anymore!!” means very little when the same crazy policies and stupid planning continues.

Sterling reminding them today, before anything else in his statement, that he has three years on his deal.

I hope they haven’t signed anymore average players on long term deals or that could spell real trouble!

What’s his game plan? It honestly looks like he thought, if you throw enough mud at a wall some of it will stick.

Except he’s chucking players and hoping some of them work. His wage bill must be insane, ridiculous.

The irony in me suggesting that you should have said "semantics" rather than "pedantics" is too delicious to resist.
So you’re choosing to be snarky rather than explain how it works then. Got it!

What’s his game plan? It honestly looks like he thought, if you throw enough mud at a wall some of it will stick.

Except he’s chucking players and hoping some of them work. His wage bill must be insane, ridiculous.
He doesn’t have one. Getting these players is one thing but if he keeps making coaches changes it’s going to make it that much harder for these players to gel and play well under a consistent system. And every time he gets a new manager they will inevitably want new players which mean that will only add to the growing list of players they currently have and create more confusion, chaos and inconsistency among the group.

The irony in me suggesting that you should have said "semantics" rather than "pedantics" is too delicious to resist.

I honestly have no idea why i wrote pedantics, weird. I can’t even remember writing that :lol:. I think my son was screaming at me at the time!

So you’re choosing to be snarky rather than explain how it works then. Got it!
Explain how what works?

There isn't one person in charge at Chelsea. It doesn't need much of an explanation.

Boehly was involved in a lot of the early negotiations but he stepped back from that a while ago. Eghbali is doing that role.

It's all been ridiculous but Boehly isn't the reason.

Last edited:
Explain how what works?

There isn't one person in charge at Chelsea. It doesn't need much of an explanation.
I've got your back, Scout Brother...

@Semper Fudge think of Chelsea under Boehly like a big bowl of shit. And it's not even a nice bowl of shit either, it's one of those rare ones that make you think "Hmm, I've actually lost my appetite now."

Why did Chelsea get away with doing a City before City did a City? Because Chelsea did it with style. Jose came blasting through the door with all the grace of a gazelle off his tits on cocaine - but he did it in fecking STYLE, looking like a Milan fashion designer who had just been told his Lambo was being towed away, but it's sort of ok because he had three others. Carvalho and Ferreira were two smug gits who just stood there being smug and occasionally moving a foot forward slightly to block the opposition, and it worked every single God damn time. Drogba was, well, Didier fecking Drogba.

And the entire time this was happening you had Abramovich just leaning forward in the same position, in the same seat, overlooking the pitch, with his hands cupped. Which was apt because for a guy worth billions he looked like he was selling copies of the Big Issue. But the guy had a plan, a structure, for all their cash I couldn't begrudge them for developing in a competitive way.

And then Boehly came along. Hooting and hawing, firing pistols in the air, line dancing. All that stuff. Nothing like Roman. Just the classic "in your face", Yankee doodle, my great grandmother was from Mayo, stealing everything in sight, American with all the subtlety that City have shown since they were taken over by a literal country. The only difference is that City's owners have been smart enough to realise they probably know feck all about running an English football club and have hired the right people. Chelsea, now owned by corporate clones of Boehly, picked Boehly to be the face of their new venture. Todd Boehly. Let that sink in. Anyway. God damn, I fecking hate City...

Hope that clears things up for you :+1:

I've got your back, Scout Brother...

@Semper Fudge think of Chelsea under Boehly like a big bowl of shit. And it's not even a nice bowl of shit either, it's one of those rare ones that make you think "Hmm, I've actually lost my appetite now."

Why did Chelsea get away with doing a City before City did a City? Because Chelsea did it with style. Jose came blasting through the door with all the grace of a gazelle off his tits on cocaine - but he did it in fecking STYLE, looking like a Milan fashion designer who had just been told his Lambo was being towed away, but it's sort of ok because he had three others. Carvalho and Ferreira were two smug gits who just stood there being smug and occasionally moving a foot forward slightly to block the opposition, and it worked every single God damn time. Drogba was, well, Didier fecking Drogba.

And the entire time this was happening you had Abramovich just leaning forward in the same position, in the same seat, overlooking the pitch, with his hands cupped. Which was apt because for a guy worth billions he looked like he was selling copies of the Big Issue. But the guy had a plan, a structure, for all their cash I couldn't begrudge them for developing in a competitive way.

And then Boehly came along. Hooting and hawing, firing pistols in the air, line dancing. All that stuff. Nothing like Roman. Just the classic "in your face", Yankee doodle, my great grandmother was from Mayo, stealing everything in sight, American with all the subtlety that City have shown since they were taken over by a literal country. The only difference is that City's owners have been smart enough to realise they probably know feck all about running an English football club and have hired the right people. Chelsea, now owned by corporate clones of Boehly, picked Boehly to be the face of their new venture. Todd Boehly. Let that sink in. Anyway. God damn, I fecking hate City...

Hope that clears things up for you :+1:
Thanks Pig, good to see at least one Scout is nice!