Boehly is going to ruin Chelsea (hopefully)

Genuinely think it would be hard to come up with a more pointless transfer
More pointless than signing Lavia?

I know Gallagher isn't too popular on here, but if you sold him and replaced him with someone as uninspiring as Dewsbury-Hall (presumably for more money) then it really does confirm people's suspicions on how the Chelsea hierarchy view their own academy.

I know Gallagher isn't too popular on here, but if you sold him and replaced him with someone as uninspiring as Dewsbury-Hall (presumably for more money) then it really does confirm people's suspicions on how the Chelsea hierarchy view their own academy.

If we sell Gallagher, the same people who are calling him utter shit will then be saying Chelsea don't value their youth products.

Brighton been linked for months so Chelsea now want to sign players before Brighton do and inflate their values.

Guess they're learning.

If we sell Gallagher, the same people who are calling him utter shit will then be saying Chelsea don't value their youth products.
That's how the internet works I'm afraid. Although if you sold him and replaced him with a Palmer-esque signing then I doubt many people would be saying that. The problem is that for every Palmer you have half a dozen Mudryks bloating our your squad. My opinion on Dewsbury-Hall is that he falls into the latter category.

That's how the internet works I'm afraid. Although if you sold him and replaced him with a Cole Palmer esque signing then I doubt many people would be saying that. The problem is that for every Palmer you have half a dozen Mudryks bloating our your squad.

I still have faith with Misha.

Orders of magnitude more pointless. Lavia has a skillset we are currently lacking in our midfield insofar as he is someone who is comfortable acting as a single pivot. Rotten injury luck doesn't detract from the logic behind the deal.

KDH has Drinkwater Mk II written all over him.

I don't know if Maresca's system unlocked a new level in Dewsbury-Hall this past year (never really saw them) or if he just feasted on Championship sides. But he looked bang average in his previous couple years in the PL, fairly tidy with the ball but no real standout qualities and ultimately little impact on matches.

It’s certainly not worth putting any stock into what the vast majority of people say because, by and large, people only operate in extremes e.g. utterly brilliant or a complete waste of space. There’s little room for critical thinking in the middle.

With that out of the way, I think it is fair to say that it would be an odd move to replace Gallagher with Drewsbury-Hall. But hard to make a judgement without the inside knowledge of the players and how the new manager sees their skill set line up with his vision of how the team should play.

Personally I think Gallagher is a pretty decent, and useful squad player, although I’m not sure he’s starting material for a team with title aspirations. That said, a good manager can make a team play much better than the sum of its parts, and he certainly possesses enough quality to be part of something successful.

If Chelsea do sell him and replace him with D-H, it’d be hard not to draw the conclusion it was done to work around PSR limits. Which is understandable, but also I’d venture, as a Chelsea fan, a little disappointing. I think academy graduates can have a special place in the heart of a squad, and if he moves on I think it’s a loss for Chelsea. I also think he’ll do well elsewhere if he gets a good manager. Sort of player I can see excelling at Villa under Emery.

It’s certainly not worth putting any stock into what the vast majority of people say because, by and large, people only operate in extremes e.g. utterly brilliant or a complete waste of space. There’s little room for critical thinking in the middle.

With that out of the way, I think it is fair to say that it would be an odd move to replace Gallagher with Drewsbury-Hall. But hard to make a judgement without the inside knowledge of the players and how the new manager sees their skill set line up with his vision of how the team should play.

Personally I think Gallagher is a pretty decent, and useful squad player, although I’m not sure he’s starting material for a team with title aspirations. That said, a good manager can make a team play much better than the sum of its parts, and he certainly possesses enough quality to be part of something successful.

If Chelsea do sell him and replace him with D-H, it’d be hard not to draw the conclusion it was done to work around PSR limits. Which is understandable, but also I’d venture, as a Chelsea fan, a little disappointing. I think academy graduates can have a special place in the heart of a squad, and if he moves on I think it’s a loss for Chelsea. I also think he’ll do well elsewhere if he gets a good manager. Sort of player I can see excelling at Villa under Emery.

I think at this stage, Chelsea no longer need to make silly manoeuvres to comply with PSR. Maatsen + Hall = around £70m on the books this month should be enough steer clear of this problem, at least for this summer, and that's before we get to the potential further income for Broja and Hutchinson.

There's also the added issue of Gallagher simply refusing to leave, knowing he has all the leverage to strong arm Chelsea into giving him a new deal, as they certainly wouldn't want to lose a £50m asset for free next year.

It's also the second time now Ornstein has tweeted out something fairly vague and non-committal about a Chelsea target (see Jonathan David recently too). I personally doubt Chelsea would bother with Dewsbury-Hall when we're already overflowing with starting calibre players in midfield and he's an inferior player to about 95% of the midfielders we already have.

I still have faith with Misha.

I think he's a great player but probably won't turn it around at Chelsea. It just doesn't happen often, especially in a dysfunctional environment, which Chelsea have been since Mudryk signed for them. Maybe if collectively you start doing better under Maresca, I can see a way back for him.

I think academy graduates can have a special place in the heart of a squad, and if he moves on I think it’s a loss for Chelsea.
Yes to a point but I feel a lot of fans (of all clubs) see it as a binary thing.

There's academy players that don't 'feel' the club and also players that come in and act like we were all they ever knew, Mount and Thiago Silva obvious recent examples from us alone, could possibly apply that to Palmer with Man.City aswell.

That being said Gallaghers love and fandom of Chelsea is not in question, that's why I cannot see him accepting a move to Spurs even if we tell him he's surplus to requirements.

I think at this stage, Chelsea no longer need to make silly manoeuvres to comply with PSR. Maatsen + Hall = around £70m on the books this month should be enough steer clear of this problem, at least for this summer, and that's before we get to the potential further income for Broja and Hutchinson.

There's also the added issue of Gallagher simply refusing to leave, knowing he has all the leverage to strong arm Chelsea into giving him a new deal, as they certainly wouldn't want to lose a £50m asset for free next year.

It's also the second time now Ornstein has tweeted out something fairly vague and non-committal about a Chelsea target (see Jonathan David recently too). I personally doubt Chelsea would bother with Dewsbury-Hall when we're already overflowing with starting calibre players in midfield and he's an inferior player to about 95% of the midfielders we already have.
Yes to a point but I feel a lot of fans (of all clubs) see it as a binary thing.

There's academy players that don't 'feel' the club and also players that come in and act like we were all they ever knew, Mount and Thiago Silva obvious recent examples from us alone, could possibly apply that to Palmer with Man.City aswell.

That being said Gallaghers love and fandom of Chelsea is not in question, that's why I cannot see him accepting a move to Spurs even if we tell him he's surplus to requirements.

Of course, that’s the other factor, because these debates arise from press speculation and as far as we know, that’s all it is….speculation and click bait. I also agree with the notion that Gallagher is under no pressure to accept a move. He has a great bargaining position for a new contract, and if he doesn’t get the deal he wants, he can wait it out a year and walk away for free into a bumper deal elsewhere. Quality homegrown players, on free transfers, will always be able to get a big payday in the PL.

And I agree about some youth players not fitting and some signings assimilating to the club seamlessly. For us you could say Lingard and Bruno, for example. Although I am surprised to see Mount mentioned as that example. He was Mr. Chelsea. Multiple player of the season. He clearly left because he felt undervalued and the club could turn a useful profit. I don’t think he ever “didn’t fit”.

Chelsea have done well out of the deal so far, mind you. Because he’s been injured since he left and they got a capable, although not as good, replacement in house with Gallagher.

Of course, that’s the other factor, because these debates arise from press speculation and as far as we know, that’s all it is….speculation and click bait. I also agree with the notion that Gallagher is under no pressure to accept a move. He has a great bargaining position for a new contract, and if he doesn’t get the deal he wants, he can wait it out a year and walk away for free into a bumper deal elsewhere. Quality homegrown players, on free transfers, will always be able to get a big payday in the PL.

And I agree about some youth players not fitting and some signings assimilating to the club seamlessly. For us you could say Lingard and Bruno, for example. Although I am surprised to see Mount mentioned as that example. He was Mr. Chelsea. Multiple player of the season. He clearly left because he felt undervalued and the club could turn a useful profit. I don’t think he ever “didn’t fit”.

Chelsea have done well out of the deal so far, mind you. Because he’s been injured since he left and they got a capable, although not as good, replacement in house with Gallagher.
He openly admitted he was still Pompey first even when playing for us (which is fine, I'd be the same if I played for any club other than Chelsea but in my eyes it ruled him out of the Mr Chelsea tag when Reece James was the competition).

https://x.com/CFCAccountable/status/1672589591730089985

Can't be bothered to go into it in detail at this time of night but this thread summed up how he became more and more about his image as the years went on, it's no coincidence he's United's number 7 (in my opinion the most iconic shirt after Brazils #10) after signing up for the same agency that moulded Beckhams image.

Did we go above and beyond to keep him? Certainly not, but the feeling was very much mutual.

why the feck are they getting involved in this? :lol:
Absolutely do not need him. Already have players of his profile at the club.
They just can’t help themselves can they?

why the feck are they getting involved in this? :lol:
Absolutely do not need him. Already have players of his profile at the club.
They just can’t help themselves can they?

Nope. Not at all.

He's the missing link and you'll know about it in six months time.

And if ends up at Brighton instead, you'll be wanting him for £70m next summer.

Nope. Not at all.

He's the missing link and you'll know about it in six months time.

And if ends up at Brighton instead, you'll be wanting him for £70m next summer.
I dont see a functioning midfield of him Enzo and Caicedo. Unless he’s replacing one of them? Which id imagine he isn’t because of 300 million reasons……
I think Chelsea need someone more in the mould of a Jorginho. Dewbury Hall has developed into more of an advanced 8. At Leicester he was playing alongside Winks and Ndidi.
If you’re going to be playing Palmer in the hole more often, again I don’t see how Dewsbury Hall fits in.

We're not involved, it's the players agents being naughty to get a better contract for their player.
Are you sure about that :lol: this has Chelsea MO written all over it. Plus it’s Brighton and we all know what Brighton have Chelsea want.

I dont see a functioning midfield of him Enzo and Caicedo. Unless he’s replacing one of them? Which id imagine he isn’t because of 300 million reasons……
I think Chelsea need someone more in the mould of a Jorginho. Dewbury Hall has developed into more of an advanced 8. At Leicester he was playing alongside Winks and Ndidi.
If you’re going to be playing Palmer in the hole more often, again I don’t see how Dewsbury Hall fits in.

An advanced 8 is exactly what we need, in my opinion. Both Enzo and Gallagher struggled as the furthermost midfielder for different reasons. I also think you reduce Palmer's effectiveness when you play him in the middle.

If Cucurella continues to be involved in an inverting role, then his presence solves the Caicedo/Enzo conundrum. Enzo has many Jorginho like qualities, but there'd now be a genuine home (and support) for him in the setup.

That leaves space for an advanced 8, which is where Dewsbury-Hall fits.

An advanced 8 is exactly what we need, in my opinion. Both Enzo and Gallagher struggled as the furthermost midfielder for different reasons. I also think you reduce Palmer's effectiveness when you play him in the middle.

If Cucurella continues to be involved in an inverting role, then his presence solves the Caicedo/Enzo conundrum. Enzo has many Jorginho like qualities, but there'd now be a genuine home (and support) for him in the setup.

That leaves space for an advanced 8, which is where Dewsbury-Hall fits.

Palmer is way more effective in the middle - it's no coincidence that our form picked up once he was moved inside with Madueke wide. There's no need for an advanced 8 if we're using him as a 10 - and the fact that we were going after Olise confirms Palmer's future is in the centre.

Whatever qualities Dewsbury-Hall brings to the table, I'm sure we could find comparable or better in the academy. He's a decent player but he would be the definition of a pointless signing.

Whatever qualities Dewsbury-Hall brings to the table, I'm sure we could find comparable or better in the academy. He's a decent player but he would be the definition of a pointless signing.

I reckon someone high up said "we need someone like KDB". KDH is pretty close, in one way at least.

From what I've seen of him he seems like an inferior version of Enzo Fernandez. I'm not sure they'd work particularly well together either?

Shouldn't question my man Dave!

Palmer is way more effective in the middle - it's no coincidence that our form picked up once he was moved inside with Madueke wide. There's no need for an advanced 8 if we're using him as a 10 - and the fact that we were going after Olise confirms Palmer's future is in the centre.

Honestly don't think he is. While he played well enough, he was definitely more subdued and a bit subservient with Madueke around. The fan votes for MOTM are very telling in those games.

That upturn at the end of the season was all about Caicedo and Cucurella and how they were deployed. Forest worked out what we were doing and that's when we had our worst game of that run. Brighton and Bournemouth didn't really follow their lead afterwards.

Bizarre signing tbh. I do rate him but not sure he's needed at Chelsea. He'll fit right in.

Honestly don't think he is. While he played well enough, he was definitely more subdued and a bit subservient with Madueke around. The fan votes for MOTM are very telling in those games.

That upturn at the end of the season was all about Caicedo and Cucurella and how they were deployed. Forest worked out what we were doing and that's when we had our worst game of that run. Brighton and Bournemouth didn't really follow their lead afterwards.

Don't put a whole ton of stock into these numbers but trust them a lot more than fan MotM voting:

Hehe gotta love Boehly/Chelsea can't help themselves...I'm sure he would bid for players they already have at the club if he could.

Hehe gotta love Boehly/Chelsea can't help themselves...I'm sure he would bid for players they already have at the club if he could.
July 2024 in 3 days time and people are still thinking Boehly calls the shots.

Why was Lavia a pointless signing?