Film Blade Runner 2049

New trailer

Hard to tell anything from this but Ryan Goslings character looks a bit well......like a Ryan Gosling character, I'm hoping the character get's killed at some point -
A Place Beyond The Pines

Also isn't Jared Leto a bit rubbish.

Liking some of the visuals, slightly worried they're going to turn it into some generic thriller.

Liking some of the visuals, slightly worried they're going to turn it into some generic thriller.
Saw on twitter that Ford said it was the best script he has every read. Although then again he still doesn't think Deckard was a replicant.

I'm saying it now, this is going to be divisive. Movie snobs will lose their shit, I'll probably like it tho.

The visuals look great. At least I'll enjoy watching it.

Leave Gosling alone!

Tbf he's an actor I enjoy more when he's playing feckless imbeciles (The Nice Guys, The Big Short).

He's got the same gift for them as Marky Mark.

Gosling is alright. I'm not entirely sure when we started seeing him as a Hollywood powerhouse, though.

Been waiting ages for a trailer to drop. This didn't disappoint; love the look of it and the music from the original. I will love this unless it's somehow unbelievably shit which I doubt will happen.

The Director is brilliant, screenwriter is from original Blade Runner, Johann Johannsson is great choice for OST and it sounds promising from the trailers. Cinematography looks brilliant. I can't see how they can feck this up, it looks really promising.

The Director is brilliant, screenwriter is from original Blade Runner, Johann Johannsson is great choice for OST and it sounds promising from the trailers. Cinematography looks brilliant. I can't see how they can feck this up, it looks really promising.
The director has been terribly outdated and has been making shit movies in recent times, the screenwriter just adapted the scenario from one of the greatest sci-fi novels of all time, and Ryan Gosling is shit.

I'll watch it cause it is Blade Runner, but it can go terribly wrong. It most likely will (see Prometheus).

Was prometheus good? Everyone I spoke to say it's great..

The director has been terribly outdated and has been making shit movies in recent times, the screenwriter just adapted the scenario from one of the greatest sci-fi novels of all time, and Ryan Gosling is shit.

I'll watch it cause it is Blade Runner, but it can go terribly wrong. It most likely will (see Prometheus).
Director is Denis Villeneuve, not Scott.

Also think you're doing Fancher a disservice - that wasn't a pure adaptation of a novel, it was taking broad themes, characters and plots and turning it into something completely cinematic and new. Filming the book as was wouldn't have worked.

How you mean the director is outdated and has been making shit movies in recent times. He has like 6-7 movies behind his name, one of the most promising young directors. I assume you meant Ridley Scott in which case I agree with you but he isn't directing this one.

The atmosphere of the movie will be great I think. It's one of the directors strongest side. Also, Ryan Gosling could actually be good choice for this one. He probably won't do much talking and it's a kinda a movie which doesn't require wide range of emotions. Harrison Ford for example isn't known for his versatility and transformation quality in acting. He is also not so charismatic in Jack Nicholson way, or dedicated in Daniel Day-Lewis way which took method acting on a whole new level. I think Ryan Gosling could be decent.

Good story will be key to the success of this one.

Edit: just seen that Ubik already answered about the director (Ridley Scott/Villeneuve)

Last edited:
Was prometheus good? Everyone I spoke to say it's great..

Prometheus is so bad that I don't know where to start from. In short, Ridley had this big, fresh ideas for an Alien story. Got lost in his own philosophical mess that he made so basically now just ignored some of the things he did there and went back to the old story which guarantees money (Alien: Covenant). It isn't out yet but the trailer said it all.

How you mean the director is outdated and has been making shit movies in recent times. He has like 6-7 movies behind his name, one of the most promising young directors. I assume you meant Ridley Scott in which case I agree with you but he isn't directing this one.

The atmosphere of the movie will be great I think. It's one of the directors strongest side. Also, Ryan Gosling could actually be good choice for this one. He probably won't do much talking and it's a kinda a movie which doesn't require wide range of emotions. Harrison Ford for example isn't known for his versatility and transformation quality in acting. He is also not so charismatic in Jack Nicholson way, or dedicated in Daniel Day-Lewis way which took method acting on a whole new level. I think Ryan Gosling could be decent.

Good story will be key to the success of this one.

Edit: just seen that Ubik already answered about the director (Ridley Scott/Villeneuve)
Yeah, keep going back and forth in my mind whether the trailer is pointing in a good or bad direction on that front. The Leto figure looks kind of lame, Robin Wright's character mentioning "war", presumably between humans and replicants, is hopefully just a one-off line and not a major plotline because that would be dull, and hopefully it's not just about Gosling's character banging a replicant and wanting to find a way to make everyone a big happy family/override incept dates.

On that front - the stone thing with the date marked on it, guessing it's Rachael's grave...

Yeah, keep going back and forth in my mind whether the trailer is pointing in a good or bad direction on that front. The Leto figure looks kind of lame, Robin Wright's character mentioning "war", presumably between humans and replicants, is hopefully just a one-off line and not a major plotline because that would be dull, and hopefully it's not just about Gosling's character banging a replicant and wanting to find a way to make everyone a big happy family/override incept dates.

On that front - the stone thing with the date marked on it, guessing it's Rachael's grave...

Agree. I only worry as you also said on this page that they will not try to make some generic thriller or even worse action packed movie towards the end.

But generally it looks promising. Definitely much more promising from the time when I first heard it will be made.

It looks terrific and I'm assuming it is going to be the best film ever made until it isn't.

Trailer really piqued my interest. Looks like they've gone more action-ey than detective/noir which is interesting.

I really want to see Blade Runner 2049. Need to see the first one before I can get all hyped :wenger:

Yeah, I'm "that guy" in the thread.

Prometheus is terrible. Sadly. Watch Alien and Aliens. The rest aren't up to much. Worth watching Prometheus if you plan to watch the new Alien film I suppose.

Watch the original international theatrical release - 177 mins (not the shortened US release versions) first to see what it originally looked like then watch the Final Cut which is an even better film. Preferably on a huge 4K TV from Blu Ray.

Last edited:
Feels a bit too "clean"
It's missing the shafts of lights illuminating the set that you saw in most of the scenes in the original, and the night scenes look too bright? That's what I feel is off with it anyway.

It was far and away the worst movie I've seen in a very very long time, absolutely fecking atrocious.

If you are watching several movies a year, then yeah.

The thing that is "absolutely fecking atrocious" is the amount of overreactions when hating on Prometheus, I guess it is cool to hate on it just because. ;)

Ah, the good old herd mentality.

It's missing the shafts of lights illuminating the set that you saw in most of the scenes in the original, and the night scenes look too bright? That's what I feel is off with it anyway.
Needs more rain. Hope they're using cables for the spinners still rather than CGIing everything :drool:

If you are watching several movies a year, then yeah.

The thing that is "absolutely fecking atrocious" is the amount of overreactions when hating on Prometheus, I guess it is cool to hate on it just because. ;)

Ah, the good old herd mentality.
No, it's because it's absolutely fecking atrocious.

Nobody like the Ebola virus. This is not due to herd mentality.