Film Blade Runner 2049

Don't think that'll happen unfortunately, this one bombed too hard.

I can't believe that such a brilliant film wasn't a huge success. Too few superheros or mindless explosions I guess.

That said the ending was so good I think a third film risks cocking it up.

My problem with it was that the original and for most of the sequel, its brilliance is that the actual story is such a tiny fragment of what is such a vast universe, where humanity has begun to colonise the stars and theres this enourmus backdrop to it, but our glimse of it is through the eyes of a very insignificant character/characters in the grand scheme of things and thats what makes it so charming to me. i think this whole "replicant uprising" tangient takes away from that a bit. Especially when its not fleshed out in the slightest, and from my perspective rightly so. Im there to enjoy the spectacularly gritty distopian visuals and identify with the lowly characters as they go about their life in this giant universe, not to envision a scenario of epic proportions and scope, when really thats not what makes the story great.

I can see that but I liked that given a choice between a big replicant based cause and a far more personal "human" response K chose the human response. That really worked for me. Without the uprising this choice wouldn't have been as overt a choice or as moving.

I can't believe that such a brilliant film wasn't a huge success. Too few superheros or mindless explosions I guess.

That said the ending was so good I think a third film risks cocking it up.

We have similar tastes, I also loved this film Wibble. It was refreshing to have a film like this given the amount of drivel the comic book franchise has pushed out in the last 5 years. It's probably going to be one of those films that's loved 5/10 years later down the road when the dust has settled and the comic book franchise is finally fecking dead.

We have similar tastes, I also loved this film Wibble. It was refreshing to have a film like this given the amount of drivel the comic book franchise has pushed out in the last 5 years. It's probably going to be one of those films that's loved 5/10 years later down the road when the dust has settled and the comic book franchise is finally fecking dead.

I'm sure you are right especially as the original wasn't initially a box office success either. It was a long film but the time flew past for me and my 19 year old son loved it as well so there is some hope that we aren't permanently addicted to hollow superhero blockbusters.

I've still only seen this once, and that was in a massive imax. How have people found rewatches? I felt it was too long at the time but that may have been because of the general overwhelming experience in the cinema (my brain kept saying "CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN CELLS!" for a good fortnight).

I've still only seen this once, and that was in a massive imax. How have people found rewatches? I felt it was too long at the time but that may have been because of the general overwhelming experience in the cinema (my brain kept saying "CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN CELLS!" for a good fortnight).
Watched it for the first time last night. Can't stop thinking about it, might rewatch it at the weekend. Overwhelming is the right word.

I really need to read Do Androids Dream? again.

Also, some people seem to be panning the scene where Gosling is rescued by the resistance. But that scene gave the best line in the film for me:
"You imagined it was you? Oh! You did? You did!"
Gosling's reaction to the news that he is not the child is perfect.

Couldn't watch it in the cinema, so finally got the chance a week ago. Watched the original again and then this one on the same day. Original edges it in terms of atmosphere, music (maybe nostalgia plays its part) and also has Hauer, but I found this one equally gripping and compelling. Thought the pace was great as it slowly brings you into the story like the first one and the ending is good and moving as it could be, especially considering it will always draw parallels with the original.

Brilliant movie imo. Remains to be seen will it age well, but I already have an urge to watch it again.

Never saw the original, thought this one was pretty average.

Bore me to death, and i actually like slow paced movies. Started well, but somewhere around the middle it went downhill. Dont know how i watched it til the end, but not a fan. Maybe i should have watched it in the cinema

No new sequel for another 20 odd years I hope, let it be like little snapshots as the world evolves.