Shaw----- ----- ----- ----- --De Light ----- ----- Dalot

Just those three signings puts quality and aggression all over the pitch

With:
Braithwaite
Mount
Amad
Rasmus

all on the bench, nice options.

that’s a team fighting for 3rd and 4th spot on paper…Rashford is pretty gash and the striker is an unknown..

Talk about blowing your load early. There's still the possibility that Zirkzee and De Ligt are our only signings this window.

I thought we would save most of the ridiculous hyperbolic threads until after the Euros at least.

So far Villa, who finished above us has had the better window. Adding a proven PL player in Onana improving their midfield with more pace and power.
Zirkzee is unproven in the PL, probably a longer term project.

Best window ever is when we signed nani, Anderson and Hargreaves in may and tevez later on.

Definitely! I mean, we haven't signed anyone yet, but it's definitely the best ever!

Seriously though, if we could get in something like: Zirkzee, De Light, Hancko, Ugarte then I think we're at least making steps forwards.

It'll be a few windows before we see huge improvement though as we won't be able to move on all of the players who need to leave (Sancho, Greenwood, Maguire, AWB etc) plus all of the deadwood who will be dragging us down McTom, Rashford etc) in one window sadly.

Best window ever is when we signed nani, Anderson and Hargreaves in may and tevez later on.
Nah, the best one was very obviously the 1998 summer transfer window.
We won a treble that year in the greatest season we as fans of Manchester United will ever have, those who weren’t there, tough luck lads, it can never get better that that, not just for Manchester United, no club will ever have a season like that, the manner of which it all happened.
2 of the player we signed that summer were instrumental in us walking to 2 more PL titles after that.

2007 was very good, as all 4 contributed to the big double, but other than Nani the other 3 didn’t kick on further.

2012/13 summer. After the Rooney rifts the previous season and that last minute sickener by Aguero I was happy to see Kagawa join in the summer but then we suddenly signed RVP and I immediately felt we were going to reclaim the title. Just that one signing was enough for me and I loved every minute of that season.

Who has been on the Caf long enough to remember this anthem? :D

Now that's a blast from the past, didn't expect to see that here and haven't seen it in ages! :lol:

I made that, and I wasn't really on the Caf at the time but would read it. The transfer muppet thing originated here and the phrase spread to other forums too, including Big Soccer which was where I mostly posted. Haven't been on there for about a decade now.

My other vid on the same channel did much better, a Russian anthem one. Went semi-viral when we were playing the CL final in Moscow. 100k views was good back then. The Russian one has become fecked up over the years for some reason, the timing of the pictures dropped slightly out of sync after it was already uploaded for a good while. No idea what happened.

Had fun making those in Windows Movie Maker back then!

Last edited:
This wouldn’t even be close to being the best transfer window ever, unless we suddenly sell all the squad players we have in midfield and revamp the side to a team who can maintain possession

that’s a team fighting for 3rd and 4th spot on paper…Rashford is pretty gash and the striker is an unknown..

I’d admire the optimism who thinks we can do better than 3rd maximum regardless of how many players we sign.

It's been a while since we've signed a Spanish player, any reason for that? Who was the last one? Herrera?

Very premature thread, as far as i know we have only signed one player And let a couple go for peanuts.

Is it just me or is there a total lack of rumours on a new DM, a position i see as crucial to stopping the avalanche of shots we concede.

Too early to say, maybe, but the omens are good… think we see the back of Phil Jones … seriously though, Greenwood, Donny, Malacia (Hopefully), Casemiro, Lindelof (maybe), Martial, Eriksen, Sancho (hopefully)…

And add Zirkzee, de Ligt, Yoro, Ugarte, Branthwaite (I have doubts this happens), and even maybe Olmo? No left back… ??

A lot of big ifs in your list of outgoings....

And we'll need as many as possible of those departures, apparently the piggy bank is emptied with the Yoro signing.

We seem to be prioritising further reinforcements at CB. Can see why, but I'd be really worried if we go through the window without signing at least one central midfielder. That area seems a more acute need than CB to me.

So far this is your best transfer market window in the post Ferguson era.
You are signing (and searching) top young players with very high ceiling. And also finally you stopped to waste money in the inflated PL market (Mount, Maguire, Wan Bissaka ecc.).

It's a bit premature to say anything definitive about a transfer window that has a long, long way to go.

It's already an excellent window considering the Yoro capture. If we finish with De Ligt, Ugarte, and Ferdi or something I think that's a 9 or 10/10 window in terms of targets/needs/execution. Obviously doesn't mean it'll turn out that way in the end but just saying considering how many needs we had going in and the general level of those names. I'd like to see another attacker brought in considering how... unreliable our current attack looks but I don't see a way in which it's feasible considering the other needs and our budget.

Greenwood out is not to be underestimated! If we could get shot of Sancho too then the outgoings would be beautiful. Lindelof and Wan Bissaka if adequately replaced could be nice outgoings too given their age and squad roles.

Yoro and Zirkzee seem like good signings and if we could get at least one DM, De Ligt, and Ferdi over the line then the incomings would be exceptional I think. You'd think De Ligt is dependent on Maguire or Lindelof leaving though.

Did we win the treble already?

A plethora of over exaggerated nonsensical blabbery after signing just one unproven player who 90% of us had never heard the name of until we bought him.

Yeah, but the best transfer window ever.

It's already an excellent window considering the Yoro capture. If we finish with De Ligt, Ugarte, and Ferdi or something I think that's a 9 or 10/10 window in terms of targets/needs/execution. Obviously doesn't mean it'll turn out that way in the end but just saying considering how many needs we had going in and the general level of those names. I'd like to see another attacker brought in considering how... unreliable our current attack looks but I don't see a way in which it's feasible considering the other needs and our budget.

Hmmm.

Let's hope it works out but the reality is that we've spent approx £ 85 million on two young players who are unproven. Have they got potential? Yes but so did Martial.............so did Gabriel Obertan!

It's a great sign that we are building for the future but how many of us realistically have the patience to see us tread water for another 2-3 seasons?

I feel like the team that gets top spot in the silly "Who won the transfer window?" articles in September invariably ends up disappointing. So we need Liverpool, City and Arsenal to make some big moves fast.

I can understand being excited about Yoro, as from all accounts he seems to be a young talent on the level of Mainoo.

But is anyone really excited about Zirkzee? He seems like a bang average prospect and absolutely not the deadly goalscorer we desperately need. In fact it's hard to see how signing him really gets us any closer to where we need to be.

I can understand being excited about Yoro, as from all accounts he seems to be a young talent on the level of Mainoo.

But is anyone really excited about Zirkzee? He seems like a bang average prospect and absolutely not the deadly goalscorer we desperately need. In fact it's hard to see how signing him really gets us any closer to where we need to be.
I see Zirkzee as a squad option, an alternative to Holjund we desperately needed last season. He gives us a different dynamic. Good signing IMO.

Wouldnt say best but better. Feels like we are signing system players and filling the obvious gaps - played last year with one striker. Zirkzee in who has okay numbers, but also potential and fits the bill well for a backup to Hojlund. Got rid of our highly paid crocked rcb for a supposed generational talent.

I would like to see us get a few more out the door for reasonable money to see an improvement on that front - any news on Pellestri and Hannibal? Assume their time is up?

Last time one of these threads was created was the summer we signed Schneiderlin and the lot

Best window since Fergie left. We have seen some quick signings in the last 10 years (Mount was done early last year, the year AWB signed, that was early too) but the thing that impresses me the most is we have actually managed to make some early sells, and for decent money. 50 to 60 in bank already, wages cleared, and 2 new players - it's going good.