Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

debt != cash. barça's main issue has been LaLiga FFP rules (not even Champions League rules). main issue in order to have sport maneuravility. debt is huge but having a huge debt does not mean that you need to sell everything you have now at any price or that you cannot buy things.

you dont understand that we are going to spend 200M (by spending i obviously mean out-in) because we are not going to.

the contracts are not "huge". well, are huge because they are good footballers, but a new salary scheme was introduced and it is being enforced. so they will be paid well and they will be paid a fair market salary, that's all.
So no Lewandowski then?

debt != cash. barça's main issue has been LaLiga FFP rules (not even Champions League rules). main issue in order to have sport maneuravility. debt is huge but having a huge debt does not mean that you need to sell everything you have now at any price or that you cannot buy things.

you dont understand that we are going to spend 200M (by spending i obviously mean out-in) because we are not going to.

the contracts are not "huge". well, are huge because they are good footballers, but a new salary scheme was introduced and it is being enforced. so they will be paid well and they will be paid a fair market salary, that's all.
You signed players out of contract from Chelsea and Milan. If you know anything about football then you know that signing proven free agent means paying fee to him and agent plus paying him big salary. Despite that you Barca fans think that you are "more thsn a club", they didn't signed for you for less money than they had in Milan and Chelsea. Same goes for Raphinha, Silva and Lewa.

So, the thing which is confusing for me; how Barca can demand from their players to accept lower contracts while they are signing premium players on premium contracts?

So no Lewandowski then?

Barça new max salaries is around 10M net (actually a little bit less than in Munich).
All the sources on the subject reported around 9M, less than in Bayern, yes.
It does not need that he would make less because there are other lines of incomes that Lewa could maximize with a transfer to Barça. This would draw attention that would not happen just staying.

So no, Barça is not going to break their new salary limits for Lewa.

Barça new max salaries is around 10M net (actually a little bit less than in Munich).
It does not need that he would make less because there are other lines of incomes that Lewa could maximize with a transfer to Barça. This would draw attention that would not happen just staying.

He earns 23m at Bayern. Do you really see him (or anyone for that matter) waive so much money just to play for Barcelona? A club that looks pretty instable to say the least

Have they actually re-negotiated the contracts? Or are they pulling accounting tricks by deferring payments and saying they'll pay in a couple of years when hopefully things have settled down a bit financially? To me, it feels like they're just shifting the pain into the future.

I really doubt footballers, out of the goodness of their hearts, decide to reduce their own salaries so they can continue to play for FCB. The business is too ruthless for that. FCB I have no doubts will try to bin players they don't like anymore (as will any other club) regardless of how much salary cut they took for the sake of the club.

R.cce799fc501d011379c3caf36cf29f98

Have they actually re-negotiated the contracts? Or are they pulling accounting tricks by deferring payments and saying they'll pay in a couple of years when hopefully things have settled down a bit financially? To me, it feels like they're just shifting the pain into the future.

I really doubt footballers, out of the goodness of their hearts, decide to reduce their own salaries so they can continue to play for FCB. The business is too ruthless for that. FCB I have no doubts will try to bin players they don't like anymore (as will any other club) regardless of how much salary cut they took for the sake of the club.

All players signed with Laporta and those renewed are within the implemented salary scale.
Piqué, Alba, Busquets, FDJ and Ter Stegen remain.

All players signed with Laporta and those renewed are within the implemented salary scale.
Piqué, Alba, Busquets, FDJ and Ter Stegen remain.

Aguero, Depay, Auba, Garcia etc. are hardly the standard - it's easy to sign players like within your current wage structure. Pedri, Fati, Gavi can be considered successes but I doubt they stay on their current contracts for too long. They're young and will demand more in a few years.

Araujo is the interesting one, I think it can be considered a success by the new regime. Signed a new contract on decent wages despite interest from other parties (us for instance).

I'm really interested to see how Barca competes for world class talent in a scenario like that. Lewa would be a good barometer for how serious they are with wages.

according to the latest reports, Barca wants to bring in :-

Kounde, Lewa, Raphinha, B.Silva,

For Kounde, Seville might ask for €70m (i think this was what they quoted Chelsea last summer).
For Lewa, Bayern want €60m, according to reports from Germany.
for Raphinha, Leeds are getting £60m from Chelsea (€70m), so if they want Leeds to accept an offer, they must top that.
and finally for B.Silva, not sure how much City will demand for him, but if I am guessing, it will be €65m or more.

They are also chasing Spanish FBs in Chelsea Alonso & Azpilicueta, not sure how much Chelsea will ask but I bet both are on 1 year deal and could go for a cheap fee

so, basically they will spend a total of €265m this summer (very low and conservative numbers probably).

Is that even possible for them? to spend something close to €300m on transfer fees? even if we assume they sell, only De Jong will fetch a respectable fee of €65m, the rest will fetch €25m or less (Dest, Depay, Lenglet, etc...)

The asking price is around 20m for the both of them - around 5m for Azpi and 15m for Alonso. I don't think Barca will meet this very, very reasonable asking price though.

The asking price is around 20m for the both of them - around 5m for Azpi and 15m for Alonso. I don't think Barca will meet this very, very reasonable asking price though.

Here in Spain the information is that Chelsea asks for 12 million for each player.
If Azpilicueta were only 5M I think Barcelona would have already signed him.
Gerard Romero has it as one of the most difficult right now.

It's rather insane when you look at what Barcelona are telling De Jong.

"I know we had an agreement that paid you lesser money in the first 2 years of your contract in exchange for paying what you're promised in the last 2, but we have these new shiny toys in Lewandowski and Raphina that we want to get, so can you forget about that agreement and take a pay cut so we can pay those two guys the money we'll be saving from cutting your wages?"

I'd have more sympathy for them if they were forced to resort to reneging on contractual obligations if they were trying to save the club from going under instead of trying to buy other players and offering them huge contracts.

What Barcelona are doing should be illegal and they should be punished accordingly. They signed contracts with these players. I don’t understand why any player would accept deferral of wages having seen how Barcelona work. Are they really going to pay all these players back?

The club should be going into liquidation. Instead they keeping managing to delay the debt later down the line, when the reality is they are unlikely to be able to pay those debts. And on the flip side of that trying to sign players for millions they don’t have.

Aguero, Depay, Auba, Garcia etc. are hardly the standard - it's easy to sign players like within your current wage structure. Pedri, Fati, Gavi can be considered successes but I doubt they stay on their current contracts for too long. They're young and will demand more in a few years.

Araujo is the interesting one, I think it can be considered a success by the new regime. Signed a new contract on decent wages despite interest from other parties (us for instance).

I'm really interested to see how Barca competes for world class talent in a scenario like that. Lewa would be a good barometer for how serious they are with wages.

When Laporta entered, he again negotiated with Depay and Eric Garcia for new conditions before being presented as Barcelona players. With Depay there were no problems, but with E. García it took a long time to reach an agreement.

Araujo, Pedri, Ansu and Gavi when renewed will be in the same salary step.

S. Roberto this past year earned €10M gross per year and now renewed a year for 3.7M.

With Dembélé Barcelona remained firm in the proposal of renewal, to a player that cost them so much money.
With Moriba the same, an 18-year-old academy player and a great future and in the end he sold out because he asked for a lot of money.

With me Laporta would never have been president but having M. Alemany reassures me a lot.

You signed players out of contract from Chelsea and Milan. If you know anything about football then you know that signing proven free agent means paying fee to him and agent plus paying him big salary. Despite that you Barca fans think that you are "more thsn a club", they didn't signed for you for less money than they had in Milan and Chelsea. Same goes for Raphinha, Silva and Lewa.

So, the thing which is confusing for me; how Barca can demand from their players to accept lower contracts while they are signing premium players on premium contracts?

I think what you are missing is that Barcelona's previous contract weren't 'premium', they were much higher than even that. Barcelona's wage bill used to be at least 100m higher than the 2nd highest wage bill.

Barcelona lost a lot of the highest earners (Messi, Suarez, Griezmann, Coutinho), and other high earners are mostly players whose contracts were/are coming up (including a few who'll probably just retire once their contract ends).

De Jong is a very special case in that he's a high earner, young, and has a long-term contract (2026 iirc).

Last edited:
What is not "legal" about selling players, loaning or negotiating new contracts?

The "bully" picture you are obsess to sell is simply ridiculous. Barça has had a lot of issues to unload players, they just stay there and get ALL their money one way or another. Worst bullies of all time, as we don't get rid of anyone.
Nobody hate or will hate De Jong.

The "unethical" part was Bartomeu paying journalists and companies to defend him and attack players. THAT is unethical (and criminal, because Bartomeu is a CRIMINAL).
I don't know what is the unethical part to try to avoid bankrupcy by trying to negotiate salaries (among many other things). Salaries that were by the way the main part of the issue as they were way over the market.
The fact that Barça is unable for the most part to release the players they want is an easy way to show that it is not the bully you are always talking about.
Humility for you is not trying to negotiate or sell any player, only pay them. hahahaha.

Well, for some reason you hate Barça and you just want it to disappear, that it the whole point of your message. At least you said it clearly.

And don't worry, we can always be sold to a random billionaire or dictatorship :)

Your proposal is as easy to manipulate. You can do exactly the same as Bartomeu did.
And now, the "gamble" is not that. In 2-3 years salaries should be back to normal (they have improved a lot and all toxic contracts should be over).
We will need to pay the debt little by little and it will obviously affect us from a sporting point of view.

But it is not that different to United paying 7 figures dividends to the Glazers every year.
If you don't see what's unethical about trying to renegotiate contracts that have already been agreed and signed then I don't know how to help you.

Signed contracts are renegotiated all the time. There's nothing unethical about that part.

Signed contracts are renegotiated all the time. There's nothing unethical about that part.

Agreed however what is unethical and should be outlawed is holding players to ransom to defer wages/ reduce salaries to support the purchase new players… who ironically are likely to be paid more than the players already at the club deferring wages I.e Lewandowski.

If a legitimate and honest attempt to help secure the future of the club, balance the books and stabilise it seems a sensible approach across the board however not so it allows the club to have extra funds to purchase new players…. Which in turn will likely cause more problems down the line… Surely no one can agree that is ok and ethical??

Which levers have been pulled today? Have they started selling letters from their name yet?

Personally I'm amazed that players aren't paying Barcelona to get the chance to play for them.

:lol:

For a footballer? How does that work exactly?

Player X agent: So Barca, you're legally required to pay my client 100k per week, for the next 3 seasons.
Barca: Yes, yes but how about instead, we pay him 50k a week.

Explain to me what incentive there is for Player X's agent to take that deal, from a multi-billion Euro football club?

For a footballer? How does that work exactly?

Player X agent: So Barca, you're legally required to pay my client 100k per week, for the next 3 seasons.
Barca: Yes, yes but how about instead, we pay him 50k a week.

Explain to me what incentive there is for Player X's agent to take that deal, from a multi-billion Euro football club?

Other than being nice to the club, none. I don’t think anyone here is arguing Barca’s players are somehow obligated to agree to a pay cut.

How much is 3 years in levers?
Also: Why give a 34 year old a 3 year contract worth €25m?

Where do you get the €25M figure?
And Barcelona offers him that contract because it interests the club, Bayern does not.

More than just a club :lol::lol::lol: Shit club that can’t pay their wages, would be a better slogan.

Barcelona can pay the salaries they have right now. Another thing is that they try to lower them to be able to sign.

No, he gets 3 years of contract. Something he doesn't get at his current club.
But his current club will still be solvent in 3 years, while lewa has to fear if he even gets paid what he was promised.
Barca still owes Bayern money from the Arturo Vidal transfer. Even in my wildest dreams i do not see Barca being able to pay 50-60m € upfront, so we will probably park the pole in the stands for a year - best for everyone (except for lewandowski and barca of course, but who cares).
And yes, WE can afford that.

Where do you get the €25M figure?
And Barcelona offers him that contract because it interests the club, Bayern does not.
€23m to €25m are his levers… ummm… his wages at Bayern.
Plus the signing bonus and agent fee Barca would obviously have to pay.

€23m to €25m are his levers… ummm… his wages at Bayern.
Plus the signing bonus and agent fee Barca would obviously have to pay.

So that's just assumptions, no information or source?

But his current club will still be solvent in 3 years, while lewa has to fear if he even gets paid what he was promised.
Barca still owes Bayern money from the Arturo Vidal transfer. Even in my wildest dreams i do not see Barca being able to pay 50-60m € upfront, so we will probably park the pole in the stands for a year - best for everyone (except for lewandowski and barca of course, but who cares).
And yes, WE can afford that.

Assumptions and wild dreams. Why better not wait to see what happens?