Ashley Young | now of Everton

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Are you saying history will repeat itself?like some sort of perpetual time loop? Perhaps were stuck in a Lynchian world?
That was also a great season and I really enjoyed it. Mental I know, enjoying things at the time and living in the moment.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Are you saying history will repeat itself?like we're in some sort of perpetual time loop? Perhaps were stuck in a Lynchian world?
If we persist with the same mediocre players we currently have and don't buy proper players next season can be another shit show.
We've already seen this season how bad this team can be at times.

Spoony

The People's President
If we persist with the same mediocre players we currently have and don't buy proper players next season can be another shit show.
We've already seen this season how bad this team can be at times.
Why do you bother watching or following something that makes you so blinking miserable?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He’s been very good for Villa this season, fair play to him. One of the best shithousery players in the PL.
Essentially, this.

Before he went to United I saw him as a talented winger with an eye for goal. That's not the player I remember from his United days. Still though, to still be doing it at the age of 37 in a position he's had to learn to play during his career is pretty impressive.

ti vu

Okay, I see. So players are not allowed to be shit, or mediocre. Only superb is acceptable. And all players should retire while they're world class. Got it.
I don't worship Rooney, nor despising Rooney at the end, but Rooney is IMO the catalyst and beginning of cultural shift after SAF retirement. SAF tried to push him out of the club. Moyes being out of depth allowed WoodWard to take over affair by giving Rooney an undeserved long contract. With Moyes butchering up the hierarchy in the dressing room, Rooney climbed up that ladder as one of the leaders, where as SAF never considered Rooney a captain material even at his peak. LVG came in and gave Rooney undroppable status. Rooney in turn plead loyalty to LVG and saying LVG is the best manager he'd had. He also claimed he was keeping the standard at the club post SAF.

To sum it up, player power grew post SAF. Some players took advantage of the situation to self preserve their career, status at the club. Players failing upward into senior, leader role at the club not by merit, but by being opportunist taking advantage of mismanagement.

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
38 year old Ashley Young about to become our first signing of the summer. Beautiful stuff.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
:lol:

There are worse things than having massively experienced playing staff but still.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It’s kind of funny how both he and James Milner ended up being absolute professional freaks able to play in the PL for so long. It really was a footballing lifetime ago where they were both wingers for a half decent Villa side

OleGunnar20

Amazing that he just keeps going. A real testament to the importance of attitude really given he wasn't ever a superstar talent, and has reinvented his game over and over.

Fairplay.

ScholesyTheWise

has he still been used as afullback for the past couple of years?
Where are Everon likely to play him?

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It’s kind of funny how both he and James Milner ended up being absolute professional freaks able to play in the PL for so long. It really was a footballing lifetime ago where they were both wingers for a half decent Villa side
Milner’s longevity was particularly weird, considering he’s looked like he’s in his mid thirties since he was playing for the England U21s.

DWelbz19

Milner’s longevity was particularly weird, considering he’s looked like he’s in his mid thirties since he was playing for the England U21s.
:lol: Saw an insane tweet about that. PL debut in 2003; U21 final vs Germany in 2009!

Revaulx

Amazing that he just keeps going. A real testament to the importance of attitude really given he wasn't ever a superstar talent, and has reinvented his game over and over.

Fairplay.
Particularly since when he was first at United he was not only regularly injured, but also took ages to play himself into form once he was back.

The moment LvG arrived he turned into this physical monster of a utility player. It was one of the most extraordinary transformations I’ve witnessed in over 50 years of following football.

beergod

Crazy to think that Dyche and Young actually played together at Watford.

Brophs

The One and Only
Maybe bird shit directly shat into an open mouth is the elixir of youth?

GlasgowCeltic

Gareth Barry in that team too, must be well over 1500 Prem appearances between the three of them

SATA

I actually forgot he played for Inter Milan when I clicked on the first page. Did he win a Serie A title there under Conte or was that later?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It's possible that it was just a trick of the camera. A close up piece of dust, or those annoying grass spores that float about, hitting the light for a split second.

I did try to get it in his gob but from what I remember my aim was off that day.

AndySmith1990

A pretty underwhelming signing for a club wanting to stop the repeat of narrowly avoiding relegation every season

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Everton doing Everton stuff. Young is a great model pro but come on, he is 38. Unless he is joining in a hybrid role as player and staff.
Why can’t Everton just try to build a young exciting team? Surely this would be better especially for their future than heroically escaping relegation every season.

Revan

Assumptionman
:lol: Saw an insane tweet about that. PL debut in 2003; U21 final vs Germany in 2009!
This looked such crazy that I tried to verify. And well, it is wrong, he did not make his EPL debut in 2003.

He actually had his debut in the 10th of November, 2002. As a 16 years old. He even scored that year.

Apparently this is his 22nd season in EPL, and has scored in 17 seasons.

Poor men's Ryan Giggs.

DWelbz19

This looked such crazy that I tried to verify. And well, it is wrong, he did not make his EPL debut in 2003.

He actually had his debut in the 10th of November, 2002. As a 16 years old. He even scored that year.

Apparently this is his 22nd season in EPL, and has scored in 17 seasons.

Poor men's Ryan Giggs.
:lol: That’s actually mad.
Gareth Barry in that team too, must be well over 1500 Prem appearances between the three of them
1693 appearances between the three!