Arne Slot | Liverpool manager (Posture Watch)

Hang on...you've signed some bloke with a big forehead and Phil Jones MkII and you think that's enough to make up a 22 point deficit? I'd say our literal shit is still good enough for a top4 finish and a good cup run or two.

Though those glasses do look bloody daft!!

There is no 22 point deficit to make up though as everyone starts back on zero.

Also that player you called Phil Jones MKII was Liverpool's primary target at one point.

Hang on...you've signed some bloke with a big forehead and Phil Jones MkII and you think that's enough to make up a 22 point deficit? I'd say our literal shit is still good enough for a top4 finish and a good cup run or two.

You won the league with 33 more points than us, then ended up five points behind us the season after.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was our manager and our marquee signing going into that season was Donny van de Beek. You spent £60 million on Thiago and Jota.

Almost like last season is meaningless now.

Whilst you have just lost the bloke that’s carried your club the past 9 years and brought you from insignificant to significant again…

People should settle down, I’m sure Slott will have them ready to compete at Preston’s level by the time the season starts. No need for concern.

I’m sure it won’t end up as bad as we did, but, genuinely, Fergie to Moyes vibes for them so far this summer.

A club icon and leader leaving, being replaced by a manager stepping up to his first ‘top-level’ job. No new signings and potential inefficiencies/signs of emerging fan unrest at a board level. Top players staying, but in their early 30s on large contracts.

Let’s hope they sign Leroy Fer on deadline day and leave it at that.
Now add a shock 1-0 loss in their first pre-season game.... hmm.

Replacing Klopp with Slot is like replacing SAF with Moyes.
I'm seeing a lot of similarities between Liverpool and us in 2013.

- World class manager leaving
- Squad with many aging players
- Rivals strengthening
- Underwhelming replacement manager lined up
- Not much happening in the transfer market as of yet

Hopefully Liverpool will have a complete train wreck of a season and finish 7th with 0 trophies while the manager is sacked in April.

Literally reported all over social media and Sky did the stats with the shot count and everything else.
So your moaning over press coverage of pre-season losses? I didn’t know united played nor Liverpool. Maybe chill, go holiday and take a break from football.

Why would them losing a friendly be a big story? Why are people bothered? It looked like the game took place in a park too.

The way we are reported on will always be different, the day it isn't, is the day people actually need to worry.

There is no 22 point deficit to make up though as everyone starts back on zero.

Also that player you called Phil Jones MKII was Liverpool's primary target at one point.

You won the league with 33 more points than us, then ended up five points behind us the season after.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was our manager and our marquee signing going into that season was Donny van de Beek. You spent £60 million on Thiago and Jota.

Almost like last season is meaningless now.

Whilst you have just lost the bloke that’s carried your club the past 9 years and brought you from insignificant to significant again…

I might have got carried away with the sunshine, bbq and ciders...went full tribal.

Honestly, I don't think losing Klopp is as significant as Fergie going years ago, only because we've got good backroom staff in place, at least that's what I want to believe. Still feels strange going into a pre-season without him running things though.

Reactions: Cheimoon
I might have got carried away with the sunshine, bbq and ciders...went full tribal.

Honestly, I don't think losing Klopp is as significant as Fergie going years ago, only because we've got good backroom staff in place, at least that's what I want to believe. Still feels strange going into a pre-season without him running things though.

You fell out of the top four even with him in charge.

What a stupid post.

I don't like him one bit. Looks evil to me. Like Dr. Evil level of evil.

What a stupid post.
Not at all. It wasn't aimed at his ability, more at him being highly prized at the time, yet relatively untested due to his age. I remember being gutted when you got him as we were also in for him.

Will be good to play them in pre season. And so early in the main season.

What squad did Liverpool have out? When we lost to Rosenborg was in work the next morning and it was on the news… I’m like it’s a friendly but obviously being the biggest club in the world were headlines for everything…. This won’t get mentioned much

We’ll beat them in the league. Slot will need to adapt. Where as ETH knows the league better now.
ETH set records in futility last year. Ahhhh the optmisim of a new season

What is Slots playing style? If it requires DM's they are screwed as they dont actually have any.
He’s Dutch so I’d imagine he plays an open game just like ETH does so It will probably be a fast paced end to end game to be honest. Most top teams require a DM though especially if playing a 4-3-3 which is what the Dutch love.

ETH set records in futility last year. Ahhhh the optmisim of a new season
They didn’t beat us at all last season. Under Klopp. This season under a manager that i would class as average and below ETH.