Arne Slot | Liverpool manager (Posture Watch)

Things will turn for him fast. They don’t have the squad people think and only have one special player.

It almost makes it more fun that they started to well.

Their squad is poor imo. Not sure how anyone thinks it's anything special.

They haven't even started well. They looked awful against Ipswich for large parts and we gifted them 3 points.

That's a really bad loss, losing to a relegation candidate at home.

I suspected they could have a downfall year but the first 3 games put a downer on that hopeful thought.

Can't always judge on the first few games though, countless examples of teams having good seasons despite a bad start, and teams having bad seasons despite a good start.
It's a bit of a relief as 3 wins without conceding, plus a smashfest at ours did look slightly ominous.
And only the most deluded poster would have thought there was any chance for that to change this week.

Z2M7sLPfqbswuE96ksL-o9tpSqZKat-sREBBZb7wJ1g.jpg

Right on cue.

He will still get a much nicer time in the media, honeymoon won't be over yet.

A lot of questions to answer so far judging their performances though.

The one danger is if City's punishment occurs this season. Even if it's only a 10 pointer it gives hope to whoever comes 2nd.
No way City getting points deducted this season. The case is too complex and City will definitely drag it out. It will be next season, if they do.

Let’s see if anything negative comes from them losing at home to forest. I doubt it.

The whole "not conceding" angle after 3 games was so fecking hysterical. They had played a team who have 2 goals in 4 matches and Brentford at home. The only game you would possibly expect them to concede there was against us. Reality is, we should have scored. The other reality is, we were fecking atrocious. Anyone getting carried away after those 3 games is bonkers.

There seemed to be a weird narrative developing amongst Liverpool supporters that Klopp was top 2 manager in the world, and that they would finish better off this season than last.

Not quite sure how both can be true, and can see them really struggling for the Top 4 this season. Their squad was flattered by Klopp being good at his job and with the inevitable drop off it’s gonna be tough.

Let’s see if anything negative comes from them losing at home to forest. I doubt it.
No chance it does. It will be brushed off as players being rusty after an international break.

The Pool love in will not die at all. They will be better than they are always - and as long as they turn up and thump us once a year (which they have done many times in the last 5 years) - they will be the best team on the planet which has more off days than the actual best team (City).

They haven't even started well. They looked awful against Ipswich for large parts and we gifted them 3 points.

I agree, but you get a lot of people overrating the likes of Jota, Darwin, Szob, Trent etc…. To hear their own fans, they have 4-5 world class players and more on their way.

I said at the time Klopp knew he had messed up the rebuild and left. I still think that will prove to be the case. Very few players I would really want, even at United in its current state.

I agree, but you get a lot of people overrating the likes of Jota, Darwin, Szob, Trent etc…. To hear their own fans, they have 4-5 world class players and more on their way.

I said at the time Klopp knew he had messed up the rebuild and left. I still think that will prove to be the case. Very few players I would really want, even at United in its current state.

The rebuild has been a mess imo. I feel Klopp elevated a pretty meh squad last season. It does look as though he wasn't properly backed to really build another squad, though.

Wait a minute...Slot lost?

But please tell me he still ahs a style of play? that matters way more than a defeat any way!

Fald Braud.

It will fall apart, he’s been riding and milking the Klopp wave.

We forget good starts mean nothing. Luiz Felipe Scolari started well at Chelsea and look what happened to him.

An ageing squad, Salah already aroused by the possibility of an exit and over-reliance on the same 2-3 players will be their downfall.

They will struggle to make top four.

I've always maintained that their squad is no better than ours, they just had a better manager.

They're in the top 4 hunt along with us, Chelsea, Spurs, Villa etc.

The whole "not conceding" angle after 3 games was so fecking hysterical. They had played a team who have 2 goals in 4 matches and Brentford at home. The only game you would possibly expect them to concede there was against us. Reality is, we should have scored. The other reality is, we were fecking atrocious. Anyone getting carried away after those 3 games is bonkers.
They could've conceded three in the first half of the first game of the season. Instead, we ended up having to hear how Slot is even better than Klopp and Gravenberch is the best midfielder the league has ever seen. Glad they've to shut up for a while now.

We started the game against them really well. Them gifted them 3 goals. After that we should've scored a couple ourselves. They deserved to beat us, but 3-0 flattered them

They could've conceded three in the first half of the first game of the season. Instead, we ended up having to hear how Slot is even better than Klopp and Gravenberch is the best midfielder the league has ever seen. Glad they've to shut up for a while now.

I don't think I've ever heard more hyperbole about a fecking 3 game run without conceding when two of the teams played were Ipswich and Brentford.