g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Are you confident of success in the INEOS era?

Fallon d'Floor

If we look at what they have done at Nice it's nothing to get excited about. After 4 years of ownership, they finished 9th in the league.
They started this season well, but have fallen out of The CL places in recent monthd. They're likely to get Europa League football at best.

They're a good team defensively, but have struggled to score goals. 36 goals scored from 31 games. Just 25 goals conceded.

They spent a lot of money last summer. By their standards. And brought in reinforcements in January.

Brest have been the surprise team. They might achieve CL football, which would be the equivalent of Crystal Palace doing it in England.

Yakuza_devils

If we look at what they have done at Nice it's nothing to get excited about. After 4 years of ownership, they finished 9th in the league.
I would presume it's a different team, management and budget entirely between Nice and Man Utd. We have a so called "best in class" now with Berrada, Ashworth and Wilcox. Hopefully a new manager and head of recruitment soon to revamp the squad. Also, with the budgets we have at Man Utd the outcome could be much better than I presume a 4th place finish in Ligue 1.

spwd

No not looking how they're handling the fraud from abroad.

Revan

Assumptionman
I have some hope but I am far from confident. Their previous football clubs have been run a bit shit and there is barely any improvement on them post takeover. They seem to be hiring good at United but the rumors that they’ll continue with EtH are a bit unsettling.

I think it will be better than Glazers but I do not think we would go anywhere near City.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Im the most confident I’ve been since fergie left. They know what there doing we just need to give them time. We won’t get instant success

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I have some hope but I am far from confident. Their previous football clubs have been run a bit shit and there is barely any improvement on them post takeover. They seem to be hiring good at United but the rumors that they’ll continue with EtH are a bit unsettling.

I think it will be better than Glazers but I do not think we would go anywhere near City.
You can only do so much with smaller clubs. They won’t have the pulling power or resources to do what we can. We’re hiring all the best possible people for the correct roles.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
I would presume it's a different team, management and budget entirely between Nice and Man Utd. We have a so called "best in class" now with Berrada, Ashworth and Wilcox. Hopefully a new manager and head of recruitment soon to revamp the squad. Also, with the budgets we have at Man Utd the outcome could be much better than I presume a 4th place finish in Ligue 1.
Yes, but maybe this is a worrying example?
PSG were a struggling mid-table club before Qatar took over, now they walk the league have won it 9 times in a row or something.
Nice taken over by INEOS 5 years ago and still seem to be struggling..

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

Like I said, compare PSG to NIce, in other words Qatar to INEOS in the same league. Not very promising.

PoTMS

If they get rid of Ten Hag, yes. Not only because they would be removing the man himself but because it'll show we finally have some standards after the most pathetic season we've had post-Fergie. If they give him another season, then doubts will creep in as it's just more of the same.

El Zoido

This is a long term project so nobody should worry that Ten Hag hasn’t been fired yet. Thankfully INEOS are not a kneejerk as many of our fans. Ten Hag will be replaced, but we need to get a lot of our house in order first.

Redstain

If they get rid of Ten Hag, yes. Not only because they would be removing the man himself but because it'll show we finally have some standards after the most pathetic season we've had post-Fergie. If they give him another season, then doubts will creep in as it's just more of the same.
It's certainly interesting that despite moving around individuals in the hierarchy, success will fundamentally be determined around what is actually happening on the pitch with the coaches. Their judgement over Erik is either going to have a drastic positive or negative impact on the short-medium term success.

I think like any new regime the manager should be leaving with the only outlier being that he's an outstanding candidate which Erik is not. The structure he was adopted within was through John Murtough and Richard Arnold, there's very minimal evidence to suggest Erik aligns with the directive INEOS envision. That's why from a business perspective keeping Erik could have little to do with managerial pedigree but rather an objective preference.

I said it before the changes and I'll say it again it will take a successful manager to determine a successful ownership. This is evident with Liverpool under Rodgers and Liverpool under Klopp, same ownership but different coaches totally different perception.

Redstain

This is a long term project so nobody should worry that Ten Hag hasn’t been fired yet. Thankfully INEOS are not a kneejerk as many of our fans. Ten Hag will be replaced, but we need to get a lot of our house in order first.
Ratcliffe stated a desire to be challenging within 36 months that doesn't signify a long-term project in the slightest but rather a positive expectation for the club to compete at the level it's status and resources represents.

3KDré

As with anything. If the process is elite, over the long term success will follow. The process is not yet elite, but the people who are moulding the process are. From that, I would assume yes. Berrada, JCB, Wilcox and Ashworth are all some of the best around and have all helped build elite structures/ processes everywhere they’ve gone.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I certainly don't expect much difference in the short term. I think we'll be disappointed in the summer when we can't offload players like Casemiro to free up funds.

El Zoido

Ratcliffe stated a desire to be challenging within 36 months that doesn't signify a long-term project in the slightest but rather a positive expectation for the club to compete at the level it's status and resources represents.
He may be revising that now, considering he’s just put the whole squad up for sale, and with reports coming out of the offices being an embarrassment. I don’t see how this team can be turned around so quickly, if by challenging he means for the league title. I personally don’t think Ten Hag will be here next season, but it’ll depend on the right replacement being available. INEOS see it, but there’s no point in firing him without a plan, and just to get 10% better. This fanbase really cannot get over the idea of having a saviour manager that’ll make us great again, it’s no longer realistic. The working environment is not conducive for a successful team yet.

Baxquux

He may be revising that now, considering he’s just put the whole squad up for sale, and with reports coming out of the offices being an embarrassment. I don’t see how this team can be turned around so quickly, if by challenging he means for the league title. I personally don’t think Ten Hag will be here next season, but it’ll depend on the right replacement being available. INEOS see it, but there’s no point in firing him without a plan, and just to get 10% better. This fanbase really cannot get over the idea of having a saviour manager that’ll make us great again, it’s no longer realistic. The working environment is not conducive for a successful team yet.
Right head coach (and tweak in set-up), along with investing in 2-3 key positions, can do wonders - Leverkusen are surely proof of that. Arsenal went from struggling to make Europe early on to challenging for the title a season or so later just by biting bullet and getting rid of 3-4 ageing dressing-room deadweights, before signing a couple of key players to build upon manager's initial work.