Are Bruno and Rashford a problem?

I would say they hold the system back from getting to where it is heading or wanting to get to ,but for right now we don’t have the ability to replace them and the other people in the system need to advance a bit more before you take out two people that on any given day can win you a game.

Eventually the team should get to a place where we can cope and improve without them.

Rashford vs Garnacho surely gets sorted out this season to see who is the real number 1 LW choice unless Amad turns out fruitless and Antony continues his vain of form meaning there is room for both.

So I was thinking about this, how Rashford, barring 2 seasons ago, doesn’t really seemed to have changed, never mind improve, as a player, since he broke onto the scene nearly 10years ago in early 2015.

Now let’s look at some of the players that Rashford has been with in that time:
- Wayne Rooney
- ⁠Falcao
- ⁠Di Maria
- ⁠Alexis Sanchez
- ⁠Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- ⁠Edinson Cavani
- ⁠Cristiano Ronaldo

These are some of THE best players who do what they do; hold the ball up, play others in, beat others with timing and skill, time runs to break line, making the right decisions and finish chances like a motherf*cker, yet he has plateaued at every, single, one of them attributes.

His finishing is fine, his decision making is atrocious, his choice of pass vs shot or pass vs beat a player is woeful, the runs he makes (when he can’t be arsed) are in straight lines without any skill.

It’s as though, with all of the amazing talent that he’s seen EVERY SINGLE DAY in training, and hasn’t learned anything from any of them!

How the feck can this be?

Fernandes sharing a thread title with rashford in this context is still one of the worst things to ever happen on Redcafe. It's like asking if bowel cancer and a headache are a problem where your health is concerned
This is hilarious and accurate all at the same time. Bravo!

Both major problems. The long term plan should be to find mentally strong technically able players. But right now these two are two of our most capable players.

Everyone can see Rashford is an issue, a big one that needs to be benched, Bruno I think is 50/50 in what he brings for the team and the issues he himself causes. He not going to change his game to be more controlled unfortunately so it’s down to the manager to make him be more of a team player. By that I mean to think more about when to pass simple, when to try the Hollywood ball etc. He gives the ball away more frequently now and it drains the energy from the midfield covering holes all over the pitch. Plus when others see the captain doing as he wants in impossible situations they think they can as well.

A starting player is never a problem. The lack of a reliable alternative is.
Garnacho always makes his best Rashford impression when he starts on the left and Sancho or Antony are not an answer.

:lol: :lol: :lol: some bad takes here but this really takes the cake
Not sure if you’ve played the game at any level so i’ll dumb it down for you.

Imagine you are a defender or a player in any other position and your team is up against a good team like Brighton.

Sometimes you have to defend deep, the opposing team is not giving you the ball - its been a few minutes. You have to mark, run, track your man, try and press and finally you win the ball back and now you can take a breather - oh no you can’t because it goes to Bruno.

You know what Bruno does, he hoofs the ball on the volley with his left foot trying to start a counter.

What a great team mate eh? The state of this place glorifying “transition” football is why we will always have more injuries, more gaps in midfield and more tired legs in defence. And why we will always be inconsistent and finish below top 4.

Garnacho has to start ahead of Rashford Vs Liverpool.

Understand the desire to ease Garna back in to the season with him being away with Argentina, but now is the time.

Imagine you are a defender or a player in any other position and your team is up against a good team like Brighton.

Sometimes you have to defend deep, the opposing team is not giving you the ball - its been a few minutes. You have to mark, run, track your man, try and press and finally you win the ball back and now you can take a breather - oh no you can’t because it goes to Bruno.

You know what Bruno does, he hoofs the ball on the volley with his left foot trying to start a counter.

What a great team mate eh? The state of this place glorifying “transition” football is why we will always have more injuries, more gaps in midfield and more tired legs in defence. And why we will always be inconsistent and finish below top 4.
Nailed it.

Those who haven't played football for the last 10 years will never understand what you're saying.

We will sometimes manage to break into the top 4, just like we have a few times the last 10 years. But this type of football with a focal point like Bruno who never wants to slow the game down, we will never be able to be consistent enough to challenge.

And you're spot on about how this glorified transition football results in more injuries, tired legs, and huge gaps in midfield.

It’s a disgrace putting Bruno’s name next to Rashfords. Rashfords name shouldn’t be on the team sheet and is A problem but leave Bruno alone!

United will never have a balanced midfield so long as Bruno features as the number 10.

Certainly not with Erik as the manager.

Bruno is the heart of our team, perhaps you would like 3 defensive midfielders playing together.

Rashford is another story, his form doesn’t justify selection. Id like to see him sold on.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who has resurrected this thread.

As some of us said in 2022.

Only Bruno and Rashford have remained in this team since 2020- to date yet we play similarly.

We have changed managers, GK, Defence, Midfielders etc. And our football remains the same.

Up until we get a courageous manager who can boot this transition football we will never go anywhere. No other two players symbolizes transition football than Rashford and Bruno.

:lol: as I said 2 years ago. We will go round and round in circles but we will never achieve anything tangible with transition football.

Rashford is s poor footballer. Doesn't cut it for a top 7 side. He's done nothing to prove otherwise.

If we're playing a 433 then. Bruno can't be in that midfield 3. It's so obvious.

Only Bruno and Rashford have remained in this team since 2020- to date yet we play similarly.

We have changed managers, GK, Defence, Midfielders etc. And our football remains the same.

Up until we get a courageous manager who can boot this transition football we will never go anywhere. No other two players symbolizes transition football than Rashford and Bruno.

:lol: as I said 2 years ago. We will go round and round in circles but we will never achieve anything tangible with transition football.
You are spot on, but Bruno fans and "gotta play the United Way-supporters" will never realize it until his contract runs out in 2075.

It's simply very volatile, unpredictable football. Sometimes it produces great moments, but more than anything it completely ruins any chance of a solid, dependable structure and sustained ability to actually control games.

Nailed it.

Those who haven't played football for the last 10 years will never understand what you're saying.

We will sometimes manage to break into the top 4, just like we have a few times the last 10 years. But this type of football with a focal point like Bruno who never wants to slow the game down, we will never be able to be consistent enough to challenge.

And you're spot on about how this glorified transition football results in more injuries, tired legs, and huge gaps in midfield.
Really glad we have two such talented newbie pro ballers to explain how football works! In such quick succession too. To be frank, it's not even worth engaging with this, as you're clearly dug in. Enjoy hating our best player though!

You are spot on, but Bruno fans and "gotta play the United Way-supporters" will never realize it until his contract runs out in 2075.

It's simply very volatile, unpredictable football. Sometimes it produces great moments, but more than anything it completely ruins any chance of a solid, dependable structure and sustained ability to actually control games.
And another!! Are these all zaafi alt accounts?!

At least Bruno offers goals and assists which makes up for the erratic play at times.

Rashford just offers nothing, no way he should be starting for us.

At least Bruno offers goals and assists which makes up for the erratic play at times.

Rashford just offers nothing, no way he should be starting for us.
Neither of these 2 players are good enough to wear a Manchester United kit. In fact give me RVN even at his age and he would add more. Bruno is horrible, I think he was training using the side of his foot for the last couple of weeks and decided it was ready to unleash during a game. Additionally, with all the changes that have happened, the results stay the same, the set up stays the same, the tactics stay the same. As Einstein said, doing the same things the same way expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.

So I was thinking about this, how Rashford, barring 2 seasons ago, doesn’t really seemed to have changed, never mind improve, as a player, since he broke onto the scene nearly 10years ago in early 2015.

Now let’s look at some of the players that Rashford has been with in that time:
- Wayne Rooney
- ⁠Falcao
- ⁠Di Maria
- ⁠Alexis Sanchez
- ⁠Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- ⁠Edinson Cavani
- ⁠Cristiano Ronaldo

These are some of THE best players who do what they do; hold the ball up, play others in, beat others with timing and skill, time runs to break line, making the right decisions and finish chances like a motherf*cker, yet he has plateaued at every, single, one of them attributes.

His finishing is fine, his decision making is atrocious, his choice of pass vs shot or pass vs beat a player is woeful, the runs he makes (when he can’t be arsed) are in straight lines without any skill.

It’s as though, with all of the amazing talent that he’s seen EVERY SINGLE DAY in training, and hasn’t learned anything from any of them!

How the feck can this be?
Rashford is fecking mediocre. We need to bin him.

Really glad we have two such talented newbie pro ballers to explain how football works! In such quick succession too. To be frank, it's not even worth engaging with this, as you're clearly dug in. Enjoy hating our best player though!

Oh my bad I didn’t realize we couldn’t play football at any level because we’re “newbies” on redcafe.

Also, I don’t hate Bruno. He’s probably our best player yes. I hate the way he plays though. I hate chaotic, aimless football. I hate players giving away the ball needlessly. I hate players being unable to figure out what tempo is needed at what stage of the game. I hate players whining after giving away the ball and blaming team mates.

If he can sort the above out which I have never seen any player do - let alone at 29. If he can completely change the way he plays and suddenly learn how to to control the tempo - then sure.

Until then, we’ll always be mediocre, inconsistent, and chaotic. Enjoy another 5 years of mediocrity. As Liverpool and City break all our records, we’ll find ourselves in quite a pickle, eh?

United will never have a balanced midfield so long as Bruno features as the number 10.

Certainly not with Erik as the manager.

Hallelujah!

Agree with everyone about Bruno. While he is obviously our most important player I think that tells you volumes about us. Any midfield 3 with Bruno in it will never control games.

They were not the reason we lost today.
Yep, we lost due to some horrific defending. I’d say our midfield isn’t set up right and we need De Ligt up to speed, then we’ll improve.
We didn’t deserve to lose that match, we performed well aside from the 2 brain farts.

Bruno? The guy who set up what would have been the winner yesterday but for Zirkzee's knee on the line.

Subbing him off was the moment the game was lost.

In a team so short of attacking quality, United's biggest issue with Bruno is that there's only one of him.

For all his faults somehow I can still see a fully inform Rashford being part of title winning team , but day we anointed Fernandes as Our Talisman the go to guy we surrendered any notion of being top team capable of competing for biggest prizes and fully accepted our place as yoyo Champions league Club because that's where players of Fernandes ilk are best suited .

Since then we have only made situation worse by doubling down on our stupidity by giving not one but two contract extentions while also giving Captaincy to Fernandes .

For all his faults somehow I can still see a fully inform Rashford being part of title winning team , but day we anointed Fernandes as Our Talisman the go to guy we surrendered any notion of being top team capable of competing for biggest prizes and fully accepted our place as yoyo Champions league Club because that's where players of Fernandes ilk are best suited .

Since then we have only made situation worse by doubling down on our stupidity by giving not one but two contract extentions while also giving Captaincy to Fernandes .
I am absolutely baffled how most of United fans keep protecting and believing in Bruno. Has some qualities but pretty flawed(average) footballer as a whole package. Ineos have really disappointed me by giving him new contract. Ashworth, Berrada, Wilcox are maybe not as good as we're hoping them to be.

As regarding thread title, Rashford is a problem as well - done as a professional PL level footballer. And he's unmovable because of his wages for 4 more years, which will cripple the club.

I am absolutely baffled how most of United fans keep protecting and believing in Bruno. Has some qualities but pretty flawed(average) footballer as a whole package. Ineos have really disappointed me by giving him new contract. Ashworth, Berrada, Wilcox are maybe not as good as we're hoping them to be.

As regarding thread title, Rashford is a problem as well - done as a professional PL level footballer. And he's unmovable because of his wages for 4 more years, which will cripple the club.

I was also hoping our new management would have better sense of why we are where we are but for the time being I am giving them benefit of doubt and thinking they just didn't want to rock the boat too much and wanted bit of stability before swinging the axe so to speak .

Oh my bad I didn’t realize we couldn’t play football at any level because we’re “newbies” on redcafe.

Also, I don’t hate Bruno. He’s probably our best player yes. I hate the way he plays though. I hate chaotic, aimless football. I hate players giving away the ball needlessly. I hate players being unable to figure out what tempo is needed at what stage of the game. I hate players whining after giving away the ball and blaming team mates.

If he can sort the above out which I have never seen any player do - let alone at 29. If he can completely change the way he plays and suddenly learn how to to control the tempo - then sure.

Until then, we’ll always be mediocre, inconsistent, and chaotic. Enjoy another 5 years of mediocrity. As Liverpool and City break all our records, we’ll find ourselves in quite a pickle, eh?
Not sure what playing football at any level has to do with having sensible opinions on the game - if it was a prerequisite, Jenas, Shearer etc al would be tactics oracles while Mourinho would be a hapless failure. Friendly tip: starting a post with 'Not sure if you’ve played the game at any level so i’ll dumb it down for you.' both doesn't make your point any more correct and won't win you any admiration here. It just makes you look patronising and, to be honest, a little silly.

You say you don't hate Bruno then go on to say you hate pretty much everything that you see he stands for. 2+2=...5?

Bruno can give the ball away cheaply on occasion, yes. He's also a chance creation machine. As for the accusation that he's not a tempo setting midfielder...well, yes, but that's never been his game and not every midfielder needs to be a metronome a la Xabi Alonso. But hey, you've played football so keep patting yourself on the back that you know better than every united manager since Bruno arrived at the club. Maybe you should move into coaching...it's never too late eh?!

Bruno is so weak and slow and his finishing is so bad that persisting with false 9 for bruno is not suited for his skill set. I would like for mount to replace him or to play Bruno in his no 10 position in the next match. In the long term we should prioritize how to replace both bruno and rashford from the team.

i really dont know where we want to be as a team now. We still playing the same as last season shape and system wise with the same MF and issues, however, can we expect different results?.

Regarding Rashford and Bruno, we been seeing what we seen the last few seasons, are they part of the problems or the problems culminates more from them in the team. Rahsford is regressing and the less says about him the better.

Bruno is by far our best player in the team and i think its a non contest, but, i think posters are having more issues with him regarding his style of playing. We know that he has lots of assists but the assists are coming from lots of tries and that also lead to lots of counter attack that most the time will panic the defense and leaks of goals.

There should be a balance on the transition and control phases and we just want to see him be A BIT more control and not start attack and play passes foward all the times. Sometimes our foward not even upfront or in position and the ball already pass up forward and thus lost the ball. I have been saying that if we want to make the best of them both then we should go ahead and play counter attacking full force and not try to be this hybrid transition because the tempo and control are not there even when it should for a bit.

Fernandes' quality is never in doubt but his mentality is. Always thought he has lacked the required composure of a leader. He's usually the first player whose head goes in a match. When you need someone to calm everyone down when we fall a goal behind and keep everyone grounded, he's the first one to start panic-spaffing the ball everywhere.

Also never thought he was so good that his positional ill discipline is worth it in the trade off