Antony Martial set to leave when his contract expires

I used to love the guy and made some crazy comments in his defence.
Then you get to the second half of this season and he would rather stay at United never playing instead of going out on loan again.
Best for all parties that he leaves ASAP.

First glimmers of hope for new era with massive wages finally leaving the books.

He was so exciting on his day, but never really looked like his heart was in it.

Thanks for all the memories. :(

What a player at his best. What could have been..

I genuinely wanted him to succeed here so bad, and maybe I supported him a bit too long even when he didn't deserve it. It goes to show how much attitude really means to make it at the highest level. He made us look so exciting to watch, and I really miss having a player like that in our team.

I think calling him lazy is a lazy criticism, just because of how people perceive this body language. Quality player, main issue were the injuries

With the hundreds of thousands of pounds these guys make every week, surely they can afford a publicist with enough of a finger on the pulse to tell them these open letters aren’t having the effect they think they are?

Shame how it all turned out. Guy was destined for big things if he could just stay fit and if he maybe applied himself differently/more. Shame how it ended up.

He's been involved in big important moments and helped win trophies, so appreciation is fair, but there's no hiding from his attitude and a lack of tactical intelligence. Whichever manager he was under, he would still 1-2 with players in strange areas of the pitch. It was the same every season. Receive the ball, dribble towards defender in a straight line, then pass it around him at quick pace to a United forward with the intention of receiving a first-time pass return to him. So easy to play against. He rarely ever crossed the ball for forwards, busted a gut to make tackles or showed any leadership communication on the pitch.

The last five months have been a farce, to my eyes. He had that row with EtH at Newcastle, then apparently injured. Then, sick. And as an employer, you can't publicly criticise illness. We don't know the truths, but if he was avoiding the first team, then no wonder the league and european campaigns were turbulent. If I'm in the dressing room and watching a guy playing the system and earning more than twice that I am, I'd be livid and find it hard to concentrate on the task. At such a high level, these margins make a difference and could help explain why the performances seemed so individual, along with the unlucky injuries to the defence.

Martial seemed to benefit in contract renewals with the timing of the manager replacements. It's easy to reset and forget all that's happened when new staff come in. But not for your teammates. I reckon Rangnick told EtH some harsh truths about a few players and their conduct (Sancho, Martial and Ronaldo probably included) in the two-hour handover.

I'm not sure he was ever actually managed well to be fair to him. Stayed far too long in the end though.

I actually preferred him at the start when he was a left winger, but with him and Rashford being there we had to switch one of them and we went for him. He held the ball up pretty well for the most part but he was never a proper out and out striker for me, and because of that and injuries he kept being replaced by aging strikers like Ibra, Cavani, Ronaldo etc.

Another big talent ruined by injuries. His attitude probably let him down a bit too, a real shame. He gave us some fond memories though, what a debut goal against the scouse. Thanks and goodbye Tony.

Another one who suffered from the poor conditions at the club the last decade. I think he goes anywhere else at 19 and this is the worst his career ends up. Had some good moments, some quality goals but ultimately another story of unfulfilled talent. Hope he goes onto have one of the good spell at one of those mid-table clubs on the continent.

Sad but true. So much talent that we never got to see the best of.

Indeed, hoping this next iteration with the young lads: Mainoo, Garnacho, Hojlund and Amad ends up being much more fruitful. Think this is the least talent we have had in teh first time in a while so really need these players to develop over the coming years.

Only 16 men have scored more goals for Manchester United than Anthony Martial did.

If that stat doesn't put into perspective what this guy might have been capable of if his body hadn't failed him repeatedly, I don't know what would.

Martial is the embodiment of What Could Have Been when it comes to footballers.

Imagine if he'd had the fitness record of Bruno and the mentality and tenacity of a player like Tevez...he would've ended his career a top 5 scorer at the club.

Such is the sad tale of Anthony Martial. Goodbye, and good luck, sir.

Was very talented and scored some real beauties for us over the years, shame it went downhill, think we kept him a couple of years too long. One of my favourite memories, watching him score on his debut at Old Trafford. Good luck to him.

will always be a big case of "what if?" to me. A Martial with more drive and fewer injuries could have been scary, but alas ...

A very good player when fully fit. Shame injuries had such a big impact on the 2nd half of his United career.

I loved the guy when he came to United, so much potential… don’t know how he went downhill so badly, waste of talent unfortunately.

Easy to forget some of the amazing goals he scored. Such a good player on his day. Finishing and dribbling. What a player. Sad it turned out the way it has.

Exactly this. I was watching a video of his goals, incredible some of them. He had the talent, just didn't quite have the elite mentality.

My lasting memory of Anthony Martial will always be 15/16. All the best for the future.

Really liked him at one point, but super sad he never fulfilled his potential. I feel bad saying this but I'm happy to see him go as he's become an albatross

He joined us at the wrong time imo. If he was at the club under Fergie, he would've had a much more productive career. Some of his lack of achievement may have been self-inflicted and the injuries were of course out of his control, but all things said, he was fun to watch when he was fit and in form.