Antony dos Santos (Out)

No point in getting rid of him now given were bringing in Mazraoui to unlock him, it has been said somewhere so it must be true.

Even if we tell him, we can't force him to go there.

Have you seen Toy Story 2? Especially the bit when Jessie gets dumped at the side of a road and her owner drives off in a hurry, never to be seen again.

We need to do that. Except this road is in Turkey.

Is that even a reliable source?

And there's no way on earth you advise your client to go from the bright lights of Manchester United to Turkey, not even a third into his contract there.

He'll gladly sit on that contract and not go anywhere unless it's an appealing club in an appealing league.

Is that even a reliable source?

And there's no way on earth you advise your client to go from the bright lights of Manchester United to Turkey, not even a third into his contract there.

He'll gladly sit on that contract and not go anywhere unless it's an appealing club in an appealing league.

I can see Antony’s agent now… Antony if it’s not Real Madrid we are not leaving!!!

If the club wants him gone him and his agent best figure it out.

EtH would prefer to sign Mazraoui to ‘unlock’ him than admitting he’s shite and selling or loaning him.

You’d wonder what sort of conversations are happening with him in the video reviews after games.

After last nights game for example - when the blind man’s guide dog in the crowd can see him angling to cut onto his left to wind up a shite shot from a bad position, with every defender knowing exactly what he’s up to from a mile off.

Is there nobody hitting pause and asking him to explain what in the actual fück does he think he’s doing? Are they asking him if he can actually be that thick and making him defend himself in front of his coaches and teammates?

If a goalkeeper kept going for crosses with his eyes closed and missing the ball, or kept diving to make saves with his arms behind his back, you would drop him. If a centre forward kept taking panenka penalties with his bad foot and keepers kept standing still and catching them - you’d take him off penalties.

Why do we keep picking a winger who does the same thing unsuccessfully every single fecking time?

It’s the same with Rashford on the other side, only he’s a bit less shit than Antony - one dimensional, greedy wide players are just so easy to defend against. If the fullback or centre back knows you are going to try and create space to shoot 99 times out of 100, all they have to concentrate on is stopping that shot.

A guy like Giggs shows that you don’t have to be the quickest, or the most skillful, or the most clinical to be a great wide player. Variety is everything and he could play the early pass, or cross from deep, or beat you on the outside and cross from the byline, or pull it back, or cut inside and skin you there. When you’re defending against a guy who can and does present multiple threats, it’s so much more difficult to manage.

If our lot weren’t so thick, they’d realise that by being a bit less selfish every so often, they’d actually create far more space and chances for themselves in the long run.

It absolutely boils my piss.

You’d wonder what sort of conversations are happening with him in the video reviews after games.

After last nights game for example - when the blind man’s guide dog in the crowd can see him angling to cut onto his left to wind up a shite shot from a bad position, with every defender knowing exactly what he’s up to from a mile off.

Is there nobody hitting pause and asking him to explain what in the actual fück does he think he’s doing? Are they asking him if he can actually be that thick and making him defend himself in front of his coaches and teammates?

If a goalkeeper kept going for crosses with his eyes closed and missing the ball, or kept diving to make saves with his arms behind his back, you would drop him. If a centre forward kept taking panenka penalties with his bad foot and keepers kept standing still and catching them - you’d take him off penalties.

Why do we keep picking a winger who does the same thing unsuccessfully every single fecking time?

It’s the same with Rashford on the other side, only he’s a bit less shit than Antony - one dimensional, greedy wide players are just so easy to defend against. If the fullback or centre back knows you are going to try and create space to shoot 99 times out of 100, all they have to concentrate on is stopping that shot.

A guy like Giggs shows that you don’t have to be the quickest, or the most skillful, or the most clinical to be a great wide player. Variety is everything and he could play the early pass, or cross from deep, or beat you on the outside and cross from the byline, or pull it back, or cut inside and skin you there. When you’re defending against a guy who can and does present multiple threats, it’s so much more difficult to manage.

If our lot weren’t so thick, they’d realise that by being a bit less selfish every so often, they’d actually create far more space and chances for themselves in the long run.

I agree it is baffling but the simplest explanation is probably just that he scores them in training and our manager honestly thinks it's the right play and eventually the rewards will come. As wildly optimistic as it would be at this point for him to believe that, no other explanation really makes any sense to me.

I agree it is baffling but the simplest explanation is probably just that he scores them in training and our manager honestly thinks it's the right play and eventually the rewards will come. As wildly optimistic as it would be at this point for him to believe that, no other explanation really makes any sense to me.

You’d hope that any decisions made off the back of training performances last year, took into account that we didn’t have any fit left backs.

Hopefully Ruud at least, will be capable of beating into him what sort of service a centre forward expects at Manchester United.

Preach, brother.

You’d hope that any decisions made off the back of training performances last year, took into account that we didn’t have any fit left backs.

Hopefully Ruud at least, will be capable of beating into him what sort of service a centre forward expects at Manchester United.
That is a good point, it may have been an awfully flattering period, indeed.

I can see Antony’s agent now… Antony if it’s not Real Madrid we are not leaving!!!

If the club wants him gone him and his agent best figure it out.
It doesn't matter a jot what the club wants the moment the contract is signed. Either pay him out, or he has zero obligation to comply to any wishes to offload until an offer he deems suitable comes his way.

Players sit on contracts, running them down to nothing all the time.

If we got any kind of realistic offer I think he would offload , at best for us now he is back up player and a low quality one at that. Would he start for any premier league team , probably not.

But his wages mean it will be almost impossible for us to offload him.

Hoping we are pushing him towards exit, without doubt one of the worst signings ever

It doesn't matter a jot what the club wants the moment the contract is signed. Either pay him out, or he has zero obligation to comply to any wishes to offload until an offer he deems suitable comes his way.

Players sit on contracts, running them down to nothing all the time.

We said this about Yoro. This isn’t how football works. There’s a small percentage that can sit on contracts and they are pretty much your big name players. Antony is not that. He will obey what the club requests.

I know we say that a player can just sit on their contract and not play, but how often does that actually happen? Bale is such a well known example of this because I don't think it happens that often. Generally if a player is frozen out by the club they will move elsewhere rather than just sitting on the sidelines and not playing.

The issue being that I can't see ETH actually telling Antony that he has no future here.

Its an actual tactic and he is told to do it or at least encouraged to carry on trying. If he was playing under Sir Alex's United Roy Keane would have nutted him. But not now. ETH even said in an interview that Robben was one footed and could do that. Im paraphrasing but it was something like that in response to a question about Antonys one footedness. They actually think he is Robben. Its fkn mind blowing. Even if he scored 5, 7, 8 of those goals a season whats the point if that's all you do.

Isn’t he still under police investigation? ….unsellable

Loan with an obligation hopefully. Would be amazing to off load him.
I think we all know this is a loss whatever happens!

Besiktas' record signing was for just under £9.3 million. Sure we can be hopeful that for some reason they're cash rich and are happy to smash that record but even then we'd be looking at £20 million or something

He needs to play regular football somewhere to showcase that he is somewhat useful and not a total lost cause. I hope we do loan him somewhere this season even if we have to pay a portion of his wages. We cannot afford to have him sit on the bench the entire season and look completely useless coming of the bench for 10-15 minutes in the odd game.

His number of appearances and minutes decreased last season but I don't think he's yet to the point of being in a total impasse, from his point of view.

I'd rather see Sancho go first if I had to choose and keep Antony as cover.

Aye, worse time to sell. We'll be lucky to get a tenner between him and rashy

it's not the worst time to sell at all. His value is at all time low because he's a terrible player.

His value will likely never go up so why wait?

I know we say that a player can just sit on their contract and not play, but how often does that actually happen? Bale is such a well known example of this because I don't think it happens that often. Generally if a player is frozen out by the club they will move elsewhere rather than just sitting on the sidelines and not playing.

The issue being that I can't see ETH actually telling Antony that he has no future here.

That's the norm if a player is not on high wages. There is a reason we were not able to offload many players, due to wages. Martial, Baily, Jones, Lingard, Mata and many more.

Even if we tell him, we can't force him to go there.

Oh I wish we could and don't care about this stuff about Mazraoui unlocking him either. The £85m spent on him was an absolute joke and is costing us players needed this summer.

It would be genuinely shocking if Ineos managed to get this guy out the door. It would be absolutely stunning, maybe the single biggest moment in Man Utd's recent history.

Fingers crossed we're there for it!

We’ll be stuck with this fecking bum for the remainder of his contract. He knows his career has peaked at Utd, the only way is down from here so there will certainly be no rush from him or his agent to move on.

How?

Dalot surely is the first choice RB and Garnacho and Amad will be first choice RW.
It's going to be a slog of a season. ETH has already called it the survival of the fittest in regards to this upcoming season. The full squad when fit will have to be utilised. So I wouldn't presume there will be "first choice" in any position. More of a case of who is fit and not in need of a rest.

I presume when Antony plays, ETH will probably select mazraoui as the RB behind him. @Raaes did a analysis on Antony when he was at Ajax for his YouTube channel. Antony's game is very dependent on a particular type of attacking fullbacks to provide overlaps and help stretch a defence so he can cut inside and do his work in the right half space of the final third.

It probably doesn't work with dalot behind him (thats not dalots fault, but Antony being shite).