Antonio Valencia | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than 24 months of absolute shit. He's fecking garbage, get rid of him.

:confused: Where have plucked that figure from? He's been off form since the start of 12/13 season.

Needs to be a reserve right back (and work on not falling asleep to cost us goals), whilst Nani and Januzaj get given a chance ahead of him on the wings now though, looked more dangerous when they came on.

For a wide player his contribution is atrocious, and as a right back he's useless and cost us the goal tonight, one of those players that should not be anywhere near the club at the moment.

no way he should be starting for us now. none of our wingers are playing well at this moment but i rather see someone like zaha being given a chance to play than sticking with valencia.

I wonder if there are stats for how many of a player's crosses hit the person marking him.

Don't know why we moved him to right-back, he's not actually better going forward than Rafael and he fell asleep for the goal.

One of many that has had their time at this club and needs to be moved on for their own good.

If we going to persist with this crossing tactic. Moyes should hire Beckham and he can teach our wingers on how to cross.

If we going to persist with this crossing tactic. Moyes should hire Beckham and he can teach our wingers on how to cross.

i bet beckham at 13 could cross better than valencia of these days.

even beckham at 60 would cross better than valencia 2013.

i bet beckham at 13 could cross better than valencia of these days.

even beckham at 60 would cross better than valencia 2013.

Beckham spent thousands of hours working on what mattered. His delivery.

Valencia needs to get out of the gym for a bit and do the same.

Baffled why Rafael was taken off for the supposed "attacking" substitution, when he's both a better defender AND a better winger. Surely Moyes knows this by now? Everyone else does.

Baffled why Rafael was taken off for the supposed "attacking" substitution, when he's both a better defender AND a better winger. Surely Moyes knows this by now? Everyone else does.

Ugh, that was especially ridiculous in a game full of terribly ridiculous decisions, what the feck was he thinking?

Well. He's been playing like a right back put on the right wing for quite a while. Unfortunately at right back he doesn't look like a right back.

Valencia has been getting loads of playing time, his crossing of the ball is poor. He either turns and plays the ball back, or it ends up hitting the player in front of me and going out for a throw of getting to an Everton player. We invariably lose the little forward momentum which we have. Allround it was a disappointing performance from him and quite a few of the other players. Wouldnt want to single any particular player out.

He can do way better than that... he's frustrating... he needs extra special training for his crosses... he's got everything else...

In his last 3 games he has attempted 30 crosses and just 1 has been successful. ONE.

Giggs in his last two games has attempted 11 crosses and 6 have been successful.
Giggsy hasn't even been playing on the wing ffs but he's putting Valencia in the shade, at 40.

Valencia's crossing stats are truly fecking woeful.

So can we all agree now... The man can't cross. Time for him to go... There's nothing wrong with it lads many players have come had two great seasons then left. Valencia will just be another.. I will thank him for his time here.

I think he's doing better than last season still, the main issues for me are the left hand side/centre where too often we're devoid or any real penetration there. Welbeck/Kagawa have played left a number of times and really offer very little from there, so attacks go through the right and when they dpon't come off they seem more frustating. The other big issue is that we've lost the ability to have the ball in our own half or on one side of the pitch and ping it right across to valencia/the other winger, who's now one on one with his fullback cause the other team haven't had time to re-organize. Scholes was the player we had who did that consistently game in game out and it was a massive feature of our play. Since he left/faded from the team we've seen that less and less as Carrick will rarely play that pass and no one else bar Rooney can do it. Now the wingers have to start deeper and so have become more reliant on the full backs creating space for them because out of them only Nani is really comfortable in tight areas of the pitch.

He's gone from one of my favourite players to almost actively wanting him out of the club so we no longer have to bear witness to his woeful attempts at crossing and 270 degree swivels on his right foot.

I tell you what was fecking bizarre... the fact that it took a move to right back for him to start wanting to a) run with the ball, and b) take on players.

Which he still did poorly, but why the feck can't he do that when he's playing on the sodding wing?

He is embarassing Luna, but he should have created still lot more, his crosses are still poor, so is his decision making at times. But, it's one of his better halfs this season.

He is embarassing Luna, but he should have created still lot more, his crosses are still poor, so is his decision making at times. But, it's one of his better halfs this season.
He's created three great goal scoring chances. He's created more than enough. His link up with Rafael has been excellent.

He has looked somewhat back to his old self recently. He is a very good player when he is on form, I'm just baffled by his drastic loss of form and how long it has lasted.

He's having one of those "beast mode" games.

I mean a left footed through ball, really Tony? :eek:

I've seen him use his left foot to good effect twice. It's fecking groundbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.