Anthony Martial | AEK Athens

Chairman Steve

We’re two weeks away from the new season starting for the majority of European football, and the divisive former United forward is still without a club despite being a free agent.

I’m somewhat interested to see where he lands given his injuries and (in my opinion) his diminished desire to play football based on the back of Woodward and Glazers handing out stupid contracts and excessive money to certain players in the past.

Not surprised in the slightest. Same with DDG - just shows the utter state we have been in the past decade. Jose and Ralf right about the squad. Need to give Ineos time to reset. Won't be quick and won't be easy.

He'll retire. He earned about 3 times more than what he should have at United.

I think with him and De Gea being around Utd for these last few years did two things.

Diminished a lot of the passion you may have had for football and made you obscenely rich.

He will probably take a while to decide what he wants to do and who knows if he's even fit for a medical anyway.

He’s properly broken at this point. His technical ability is still high, but what good is that if you can’t run? And even worse, if you can’t even stay fit?

The problem with Martial and other overpaid ex Man United players is that they are poor but they think they are not

Somebody could take them in some weak league somewhere and pay them the peanuts they are worth now, but they were making insane money just recently so they think they are worth more, so nobody will want them even for free

Most clubs with half a brain would rather sign a hungry and undamaged youngster. As they should

Like de gea he probably doesn't want to compromise on his wages and his inner circle are all probably yes men who won't tell him the truth. That no one is going to pay him 200-250k a week or whatever he was on at Utd

I think with players like him, they should go to a smaller club where they are guaranteed to play week in and week out. Get the confidence up and start hitting the back of the net. Then get a move to a bigger club on bigger wages.

Girona and Bologna are good examples this season gone of being at the right small club at the right time.

He was never going to join a club until pre season was finished. He doesn’t strike me as favourable to the hard work involved

Remember how great he was as at Monaco and his great start with us? Crazy how it all sent sideways. Just crazy.

Like de gea he probably doesn't want to compromise on his wages and his inner circle are all probably yes men who won't tell him the truth. That no one is going to pay him 200-250k a week or whatever he was on at Utd

I think with players like him, they should go to a smaller club where they are guaranteed to play week in and week out. Get the confidence up and start hitting the back of the net. Then get a move to a bigger club on bigger wages.

Girona and Bologna are good examples this season gone of being at the right small club at the right time.
I doubt it's a case like De Gea's who's holding up for big wages. Martial's injury record is a huge problem for any team no matter on which wages no team wants a crooked player, besides he hasn't had a decent season since when? 2019/20? He tried himself at Sevilla at it was a disaster.

I genuinely think he has no offers from top 5 leagues, it wouldn't surprise me he ends up in the Turkish league or something like that.

Thank feck this weasel is gone.

Any clubs stupid enough to be interested should be offering him about 5k a week + a load of bonuses.

This will be an interesting one. No one interested will even get close to what he was getting paid. It will all come down to his desire to play football now.

When you look at situations like Martial, de Gea and even Lingard, you can see how horrendously badly we were run for a decade. It takes a long time to recover from something like that. The likes of Woodward and Murtough did so much damage.

Was always overrated, and now basically not worth it for just about any team.

We held on too long and rewarded him too well. Better run clubs would have sold him for a decent return when we clocked his limitations (health, drive etc)

This will be an interesting one. No one interested will even get close to what he was getting paid. It will all come down to his desire to play football now.

When you look at situations like Martial, de Gea and even Lingard, you can see how horrendously badly we were run for a decade. It takes a long time to recover from something like that. The likes of Woodward and Murtough did so much damage.

hopefully lands at a decent club and does well. will never forget what he did for me in his debut season.

The fact that no club has come in for either him nor De Gea shows what level the club has been on for the last 10 years. Two of our biggest earners and no one’s interested.

What did he do to merit such ire?

Utd fans seem to loathe Ryan Giggs for nailing his brothers wife amongst other things. But yet, somehow people still seem fond of this total gowl.

Been stealing a living at Utd for years.

The day he just stood around in that loss vs Sheffield Utd should have been his last day at the club.

Martial joining Pogba, de Gea and Lingard with doing absolutely nothing whatsoever after leaving us.

Martial joining Pogba, de Gea and Lingard with doing absolutely nothing whatsoever after leaving us.
Lingard occasionally makes the bench for FC Seoul when they have a few players out. Hasn’t made the matchday squad for a few games now but luckily he’s still young

Lingard occasionally makes the bench for FC Seoul when they have a few players out. Hasn’t made the matchday squad for a few games now but luckily he’s still young
:lol:

That's actually crazy. Early 20s and cant really get a game for FC Seoul.

Does go to show just how bad a state the whole squad was/is in when ex players struggle to find decent clubs once released.

Remember how great he was as at Monaco and his great start with us? Crazy how it all sent sideways. Just crazy.
I remember posters on here calling him comparable to Mbappé and way better than Coman. Those were the days.

thats almost half a team. If you put them all together at a new club I bet they’d still absolutely suck. What were we at? These guys have no desire to compete at all and yet were on nearly a million a week combined. Just pure lunacy!