View full 2023-24 profile

4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was ok, thing is we are so starved of good performances from our players we are desperate to heap praise on any little sign of hope. Apart from the goal he played well, but not outstandingly IMO. The way he played is the minimum we should expect from our players.

Unfortunately the goal gives him a pass for the next 3 or 4 games I suspect. The goal apart, I thought he was as advertised. I am not expecting a sudden kick on by him now.

Such a confidence player. After the goal he was pressing more, running more and movement was sharper. If he can stay fit he could have a role as a back up this season. Class finish.

Such a confidence player. After the goal he was pressing more, running more and movement was sharper. If he can stay fit he could have a role as a back up this season. Class finish.
In a way, that counts for most of our team (which is a huge weakness). Once we were in control against Palace, you could see we played so much better and with more confidence, which we lacked so far

In a way, that counts for most of our team (which is a huge weakness). Once we were in control against Palace, you could see we played so much better and with more confidence, which we lacked so far
It’s why I think we have seen such a turn around in some players we would have sold 2 years ago. The hangover of the last 10 years still affects the players in adversity and the opposite when we play well. It’s why the mentality of the new leaders are so important.

Unfortunately the goal gives him a pass for the next 3 or 4 games I suspect. The goal apart, I thought he was as advertised. I am not expecting a sudden kick on by him now.
A pass from whom?

It’s why I think we have seen such a turn around in some players we would have sold 2 years ago. The hangover of the last 10 years still affects the players in adversity and the opposite when we play well. It’s why the mentality of the new leaders are so important.
And to have super high standards, hence players like Sancho can piss off

I get the feeling this is Tony’s last season here after so many ups and down and spells on the sidelines. I’m hoping for the swansong of all swansongs, one last great ride for Martial FC and the golden boot ahead of Haaland.

And to have super high standards, hence players like Sancho can piss off
I’m a big believer I’m compromise so I’m hoping for a peaceful resolution as he does have talent. But your right, patience can only get you so far and like others if you have to go you have to go.

He’s currently a better football player than Rasmus. Him having one final good year here would be such great timing. Even if he hits 20 though he’s on too much money. If he can stay fit all season maybe a heavily incentivised deal but he won’t. Hopefully he’ll take the pressure off Rasmus for the foreseeable anyway. He’s a senior member of the squad now and the manager has totally backed him

Man Utd 0:1 Crystal Palace
Should be starting ahead or with Højlund or give him a free role as the 10. He needs to be in the team we play better with him in it.

He’s far superior to Rashford and probably a better option than Hojlund at this point. Either way, he needs to be starting.

Needs to be playing, let Hojlund start from the bench and come on later in the game.

Needs to be playing, let Hojlund start from the bench and come on later in the game.
I would play both of them, we can do a 3-5-2 with Martial being the floating striker, he’s the only attacker atm who is remotely capable of finding teammates consistently.

I would play both of them, we can do a 3-5-2 with Martial being the floating striker, he’s the only attacker atm who is remotely capable of finding teammates consistently.
Probably a good idea but we don't have enough defenders for it.

Probably a good idea but we don't have enough defenders for it.
All of our centre halfs are fit bar Licha, Dalot played wingback a few times at Milan, Pellistri and Garnacho are hardworking players, I would even use Amrabat/Casemiro as one of the 3 CB to flood the midfield, we need to just lock it down and try to get more runners into the box, or someone at the edges who can smash a loose ball in.

To those here who want him in the team, can we at least agree that there's no scenario where he should be given a contract extension?

To those here who want him in the team, can we at least agree that there's no scenario where he should be given a contract extension?

IF he plays well and doesnt get injured? Why not? He would need to accept lower wages but letting him go on a free when he plays well and just after he does get over his injury issues (this is a potential situation.. he could very well be injured tomorrow and play crap this season) seems a little bit stupid?

I don't think many will disagree with that. This is kind of an own goal from the club and Ten Hag, getting a 20-year-old with average stats in Serie A expecting him to lead the line. Of course, a few fans will look at the only other decent striker in the squad to get him in the team when the results aren't good enough.

Why do we need to be absolutist about it?

Let’s say he ends up contributing well this season with double figure in goals and assists as a rotation striker, and accepts a deal that’s heavily appearance/performance incentivised, with a low-ish base wage, why should we say no to that and spend who knows how many millions for a replacement?

Of course, with his injury record, a 5 year deal with current wage or even higher is out of the question, even if he starts putting up Haaland number.

Did nothing, but nothing was expected. That said, the adjustment ETH — who dropped a turd of a performance today — should have made was to bring off both Marcus and Facundo early in the second half, when Pakace were clearly lining up their fleet of buses in the parking lot, and bring on Martial left and Garnacho right.

The one thing that Martial does effectively is thrust into in tight spaces.

So have we gone full circle again, where we're going to pin our hopes on Martial?
Things are bad when Martial comes on, is seemingly playing in the exact same position as Garnacho getting in his way, and people then think that is the solution.

Did nothing, but nothing was expected. That said, the adjustment ETH — who dropped a turd of a performance today — should have made was to bring off both Marcus and Facundo early in the second half, when Pakace were clearly lining up their fleet of buses in the parking lot, and bring on Martial left and Garnacho right.

The one thing that Martial does effectively is thrust into in tight spaces.
Easy tiger.

Things are bad when Martial comes on, is seemingly playing in the exact same position as Garnacho getting in his way, and people then think that is the solution.

So you’ve been defending atrocious performances of Rashford for weeks and are taking a dig at a miscommunication of two players who had just come on?

I always wondered why Rashford fans despise Martial and vice versa. In many ways, Martial is the complete opposite of Rashford.

Always looking for a pass instead of a shot, supreme technique, always injured, doesn’t take on his man enough even though he can dribble past players with ease

Rashford on the other hand is never looking for a pass, not injured a lot, takes on his man when he shouldn’t.

The one attribute they have in common is that they’re both lazy af.

Is it a coincidence that his best seasons are his debut season and the second half of the 2019/2020 when he didn’t play with Rashford and when Rashford was injured during the covid season and Martial was the main man with Bruno coming in aswell ?

Is it a coincidence that his best seasons are his debut season and the second half of the 2019/2020 when he didn’t play with Rashford and when Rashford was injured during the covid season and Martial was the main man with Bruno coming in aswell ?
They've always linked up well as far as I recall.

They've always linked up well as far as I recall.
Martial links up with everyone it’s not a Rashford trait. He even tried slide in Lindelöf vs Palace in the cup game last week after Lindelöf made that long run. Martial is getting the short end of the stick in their relationship.

He played a grand total of 9 games without Rashford in that half season and scored 4 goals. So less a coincidence and more of a fallacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.