Angel Gomes Watch

Very active though, constantly showing for the ball and on the move to make it happen, looks like the type of deep lying playmaker archetype that Utd could do with, if he wasn't so tiny.

GW5DIp8WkAALe-2

Love his quick feet! That low centre of gravity sure helps to quickly move with and without the ball. Makes it hard to catch him and get a tackle in.

Mainoo type of player, with less physicality. Not sure he's the kind of player we need in the squad right now.

I know the official stats list him at 1.68 but there’s no way on this earth he’s any taller than 5’4

Mainoo type of player, with less physicality. Not sure he's the kind of player we need in the squad right now.
Like Mainoo, can play in all phases of play, but as of right now he's more of a distributor than Mainoo. So they're not completely the same.

I know the official stats list him at 1.68 but there’s no way on this earth he’s any taller than 5’4
Yeah, looks and plays like Buonanotte, not the Brighton one but the original one who almost died in a car crash.

I’m still not sure why so many are obsessed with his height and physical stature. There’s been multiple players similar in height and body type to prove this shouldn’t be an issue.

His technical qualities and awareness put him in the upper echelons of European football if people watch him in games. Putting those abilities to use consistently at the top level is what he hasn’t had the chance to do yet.

Hopefully he gets a move back here in best case scenario for us if not still get a chance to show his skill at the top level. A joy to watch in full flow for me.

I’m still not sure why so many are obsessed with his height and physical stature. There’s been multiple players similar in height and body type to prove this shouldn’t be an issue.

His technical qualities and awareness put him in the upper echelons of European football if people watch him in games. Putting those abilities to use consistently at the top level is what he hasn’t had the chance to do yet.

Hopefully he gets a move back here in best case scenario for us if not still get a chance to show his skill at the top level. A joy to watch in full flow for me.

Hes 1 inch shorter than modric. People do obsess over the silliest things.

Delighted for him i remember being disappointed when he left

There's a picture of him next to Rey Mysterio from a US tour a few years ago. Rey Mysterio is 5' 2" or 5' 3", and Gomes (if he had flat hair) looks like he'd be about an inch taller than him at most.

He’s miles shorter than Modric. Are people just seeing what they want to see here?

Gomes isn’t just short, Messi is short, Gomes is exceptionally short. You can count on one hand the amount of players as short as him who’ve played in the PL, never mind succeeded. Maybe he’s talented enough to be the exception, I wouldn’t bet against him, but people pretending he’s just slightly below average physically and there are loads of players of his stature knocking about are off their rocker in my opinion.

He’s miles shorter than Modric. Are people just seeing what they want to see here?

Gomes isn’t just short, Messi is short, Gomes is exceptionally short. You can count on one hand the amount of players as short as him who’ve played in the PL, never mind succeeded. Maybe he’s talented enough to be the exception, I wouldn’t bet against him, but people pretending he’s just slightly below average physically and there are loads of players of his stature knocking about are off their rocker in my opinion.
Gomes has the same height like Kante.

Modric: 172 cm
Messi: 170 cm
Kante: 168 cm
Maradonna: 167 cm
Verratti: 166 cm

Being short isn't too a big deal if you are fast or at least agile and strong (for your size).

Gomes isn't fast, but what's he like in terms of strength these days? Is he good at using his low centre of balance to hold off players, and then using agility to turn and get away from them?

I remember Gomes played six times in his last season here. In four of those games he was out on the left wing and he struggled in all of them. But in the two games that he was played more centrally (as a #10 IIRC) he was arguably our best player in both games. Ole just didn't give him any more opportunities.

Exactly, and a player he should be looking to emulate. I’ve noticed it’s those that also miscast his style of play and downplay his strengths. Getting him back on a free would be sweet.

Hes around 1 inch shorter than modric

He’s shorter than all of them, quite comfortably too.
I dont think height is a big issue. If he can play well in Ligue 1, he will be fine. He needs a club that plays technical, possession and positioning football, not transition football and quick counters.

However, the main issue, if there is one, is not even the height, it is his body frame/strength and his legs. All of the players above have far more upper body strength and thicker legs, which allows them to ride challenges and not get bullied on the ball or knocked over easily. Most of the time you can only stop them by fouling them. Angel looks weaker.

Okay so Google, Transfermarkt.de or www.losc.fr are all lying.
Not lying, just wrong.

I remember Marcus Edwards at Spurs was listed as 1.76m everywhere when anyone with a working set of eyes could see that clearly wasn't right, eventually it was corrected to 1.67m. Gomes is nowhere near Modric's height, he's about the same as Tariq Lamptey who is 1.63m. There are very few players around of that height, it's a testament to Gomes' quality that it hasn't prevented him from making it to the level he has.

Okay so Google, Transfermarkt.de or www.losc.fr are all lying.
Player heights online are notoriously inaccurate to be fair.

The most egregious example of this was loads of places had Phil Jones listed at 1.8m and Luke Shaw at 1.85m, despite Jones obviously towering over Shaw when they are side by side.

Not lying, just wrong.

I remember Marcus Edwards at Spurs was listed as 1.76m everywhere when anyone with a working set of eyes could see that clearly wasn't right, eventually it was corrected to 1.67m. Gomes is nowhere near Modric's height, he's about the same as Tariq Lamptey who is 1.63m. There are very few players around of that height, it's a testament to Gomes' quality that it hasn't prevented him from making it to the level he has.
Height aside, he's still very light on muscle which I feel is more of a concern.
Surely with his contract ending next year it makes too much sense to bring him back on a free.
Would make sense, esp as he's home grown. Not many of those we are able to sign cheaply, and be of use.

Who gives a feck about his height? Weirdos.