5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
caf experts win again. burglary! never wanted to join us in the first place! body language!

Yeah I missed that (can't find it).
"I'm not happy with my first year in England. I moved here from Real to win titles and this season has been very bad for me. I'm frustrated because I want to do better," Di Maria explained.

"The fans in England have not seen the real Di Maria. I know I can offer a better level. This year was not good enough. Adapting to English football is not easy. People told me the first year for a foreigner here is hard. And that's true."

"My challenge is not for one year, but to become part of the history of Manchester United."

"The stadium is unique, the fans sensational – it is a fantastic club. My only frustration is that we haven't offered the fans our best face every week. My dream at United is still to win the Premier League and Champions League," he concluded.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/manchester...cover-form-after-disappointing-season-1501939

This speculation is all shite, why would Manchester United sell their best player they just signed last summer? :lol:

Last edited:
I find that Di Maria is very underwhelming on that left wing. I think he's better as a CM or a right winger.

Nah he's fine on the left. Which side of the pitch one plays on only really effects players who's main strength is crossing or conversely crossing. As long as he's not restricted he'll be fine. He can probably do his best work at CM, true, which become more of an option if we get Schneiderlin. Herrera and ADM in CM leaves Carrick too exposed.

Delighted he's staying. Truly unique player, will be devastating next season I'm sure.

We need to play him in midfield that's where he is at his best, he should be occupying that left side role instead of fellaini, di Maria would be a big disappointment if we try to play him as a winger. The prospect of him, Shaw and depay all linking up is really exciting and has lots of potential.

Could be interesting if veratti goes to madrid though because although it now looks likely di Maria will stay it could change.

We need to play him in midfield that's where he is at his best, he should be occupying that left side role instead of fellaini, di Maria would be a big disappointment if we try to play him as a winger. The prospect of him, Shaw and depay all linking up is really exciting and has lots of potential.

Could be interesting if veratti goes to madrid though because although it now looks likely di Maria will stay it could change.
Completely agree. We saw how Mata/Herrera/Valencia linked up on the right. Those three, if they develop an understanding, should be as good.

My only worry is i think LvG doesnt rate Di Marias defensive ability. Unless we get a real enforcer, or hope Blind develops into one, a three of Blind/Carrick/Herrera/Di Maria is just too lightweight

I agree. All season I have wanted to see him in a midfield with Carrick and Herrera but it just hasn't happened.

Good lad. Idiots on here will have you believe that he can't wait to get out of Manchester, has poor attitude and various other bullshit

"Idiots" seems a bit strong. Surely many of us have been in a position in the past when they've been strongly considering leaving, weighing up their options for months, but when they spoke to their manager they said they were happy as Larry? The same logic applies here and because he's speaking to the media, he has even more of an obligation to say the right things. There's no possible reason for di María to openly admit he wants to leave so him saying this tells us absolutely nothing.

If you take it at face value then fair enough, but it seems odd to me that the people who do take it at face value use it as an opportunity to celebrate how right they were and how wrong the others were, rather than an opportunity to celebrate the fact we have an incredible player who wants to play for us. Strange set of priorities, IMO.

Mourinho also claims Shevchenko was a signing of his.
I don't care about Mourinho, LvG would not allow any players to be forced on him. Woodward knows nothing about football, he is the CEO who negotiates with agents and companies, not someone who identifies targets. Woodward hasn't turned into some football muppet in a few years, he's a business man. The most he says is "we want the best players here!"

Glad he's come out rubbishing the rumours. Hopefully he has a fine copa America. Terrific player and one if the most exiting to watch when in full flight.

I'm firmly of the belief that ADM's best position is LCM but where do we think LGV will play him next season?

I think the only hope of him playing there is a proper destroying DM and a left winger who puts a good defensive shift in- does Depay track back much?

Without these in place LGV will probably consider it leaving us to exposed.

If we move to a 4231 the only option is the wing, left or right

Thought his goal was deservedly one of the best, if not the best, of the season. It was a unique and brilliant goal. One of the very few good things about his season .

Goals scored by us, definitely.

Twas a season of ludicrously good goals overall though (a bunch of them all in the same weekend!). No way would that be the best goal in the league last season.

I'm firmly of the belief that ADM's best position is LCM but where do we think LGV will play him next season?

I think the only hope of him playing there is a proper destroying DM and a left winger who puts a good defensive shift in- does Depay track back much?

Without these in place LGV will probably consider it leaving us to exposed.

If we move to a 4231 the only option is the wing, left or right
It's weird that it worked at Madrid, given that the left winger there was Ronaldo. But I suppose when you're just steamrolling every team it doesn't matter as much that players like Di Maria and Ronaldo are bombing forwards. Still, it would be an idea to try and replicate what they had going there, because Di Maria was fantastic that season

It's weird that it worked at Madrid, given that the left winger there was Ronaldo. But I suppose when you're just steamrolling every team it doesn't matter as much that players like Di Maria and Ronaldo are bombing forwards. Still, it would be an idea to try and replicate what they had going there, because Di Maria was fantastic that season

You can't replicate what they did without Ronaldo, last season they were playing an Hybrid 433/442.

Thought his goal was deservedly one of the best, if not the best, of the season. It was a unique and brilliant goal. One of the very few good things about his season .
As that goal went in I literally thought we may win the league... At that very moment.... Alas we didn't even win the fecking match :lol:

Glad he's come out rubbishing the rumours. Hopefully he has a fine copa America. Terrific player and one if the most exiting to watch when in full flight.

I agree. I'm really disappointed he hasn't performed well this season. I'm even more disappointed that some wankers broke in to his house. That would be enough to upset and unsettle anyone, especially someone new the country, let alone area. I hope he can find his form again and begin to love United and England. He is a joy to watch when on form and the fans will love him if he responds well in the new season.

If he wants to stay and show what he can do after a difficult first season in a new country then good, that sort of stubborn drive and determination is what the best Utd players are made of.

As that goal went in I literally thought we may win the league... At that very moment.... Alas we didn't even win the fecking match :lol:

Me too, buddy. Felt unreal at the time. 2-0 up in the matter of minutes... then James Vardy and Clattenburg wanted time in the spotlight. Oh what could have been...

Goals scored by us, definitely.

Twas a season of ludicrously good goals overall though (a bunch of them all in the same weekend!). No way would that be the best goal in the league last season.

There will always be great goals; for me, most are too generic, not that they're aren't spectacular, though. Volley's, long rangers etc. Goals like di Maria's against Leicester and, off the top of my head, Wilshere's* team goal against who ever it was, the season before last, are fresher to the eye and, for me, are far more deserved of the goal of the season title than the same generic stunners we witness every few weeks.

*think it won GoTY, anyway (?).

It's not a surprise at all that he performs well for Argentina, and it will also not be a surprise if he leaves and performs well for his next club.

I just hope it doesn't come to that and LvG manages to get the best out of him instead.

There will always be great goals; for me, most are too generic, not that they're aren't spectacular, though. Volley's, long rangers etc. Goals like di Maria's against Leicester and, off the top of my head, Wilshere's* team goal against who ever it was, the season before last, are fresher to the eye and, for me, are far more deserved of the goal of the season title than the same generic stunners we witness every few weeks.

*think it won GoTY, anyway (?).
I honestly think that everyone thinks this, which is why I'm always confused at the goal of the season bits which are just long range shots. They're great at the time but a brilliant team goal is so much better to watch

It's not a surprise at all that he performs well for Argentina, and it will also not be a surprise if he leaves and performs well for his next club.

I just hope it doesn't come to that and LvG manages to get the best out of him instead.

Well if he doesn't performances like last night can put to bed the ridiculous idea that playing him wide is the problem.

Well if he doesn't performances like last night can put to bed the ridiculous idea that playing him wide is the problem.
Not playing him after he came back from the small injury he had was the problem.

We really need to go with Memphis on the left wing and Di Maria on our right wing to add some pace to our team. :( Hopefully Shaw will be there and a proper right back as well.

As much as I like Mata, he can't play on the wing. We need a front 3 like Barca's. Pure pace. So ADM, Memphis and a centre forward (Rooney). Maybe play a midfield 3 of Mata Herrera and a new DM and we'd look great. Problem is it's not LVG football of pure possession. Hence why we will have Mata on the wing still, and a conservative midfielder in the mix.

Another problem is our full backs. It's such an important position, these guys need robe world class. We need them so badly in our attack, need them to be wingers really. Alvez wold be a massive upgrade on Valencia. Shaw needs to stay fit all season. If not then we need a left back too. Unless Blind can make the position his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.