Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, this actually strikes me as a transfer that could happen. Just seems to have that air around it, like van Persie did when we signed him. Just doesn't seem to smell of bullshit.

The issue is, even if we sign a shit-hot player like this, we would still be lacking in midfield.

Also, there is an issue of where Mata would play if we switch to 4-3-3 to fit him in. Or do you just think we'd play Mata as the advanced player in the midfield three?

Feck it, lets go all 4-4-2 Nev style.

-------------DDG---------------
Rafael---Smalling--Rojo---Shaw--
Di Maria-Herrera---Mata---Januzaj
-------Rooney--RVP--------------

Rekd m9
I'm liking:

---------De Gea---------
Rafael Smalling Rojo Shaw
-----Herrera--Carrick-----
----------Mata----------
Di Maria-Rooney--Januzaj

Or van Persie in for Rooney.

Anyway, this actually strikes me as a transfer that could happen. Just seems to have that air around it, like van Persie did when we signed him. Just doesn't seem to smell of bullshit.

The issue is, even if we sign a shit-hot player like this, we would still be lacking in midfield.

Also, there is an issue of where Mata would play if we switch to 4-3-3 to fit him in. Or do you just think we'd play Mata as the advanced player in the midfield three?

de Gea

Rafael - Smalling/Jones - Evans - Shaw/Rojo

Carrick/Fletcher - Ander Herrera

Mata

Januzaj/Welbeck - Rooney/van Persie - di Maria​

That's where i would play Mata.

DDG
Rafael Evans Rojo Shaw
CDM Herrera
Mata
Adnan/Rooney Di Maria
Rvp/Rooney​

Ancelotti: Di Maria the best? I think Simeone has forgotten the Golden Ball winner and Bale, who scored in Lisbon.

Did Ancelotti really say that? Seems a tad bit disrespectful and he should have just refrained from talking about it if that was the best he could come up with.

Ancelotti: Di Maria the best? I think Simeone has forgotten the Golden Ball winner and Bale, who scored in Lisbon.

Did Ancelotti really say that? Seems a tad bit disrespectful and he should have just refrained from talking about it if that was the best he could come up with.

He coulda just said "well, that's just like his opinion, man!"

Ancelotti does what he is told, like he did at PSG. He has little to say on what player comes or goes.

He coulda just said "well, that's just like his opinion, man!"

Exactly, Simeone was just trying to unsettle Madrid and Ancelotti by making that statement given the uncertain situation Di Maria finds himself in right now. Aaaaand Ancelotti bit...

Di Maria was massively important to them last year.

An organized team under Mourinho, Simeone or Pulis would probably prefer to defend against Bale and (maybe) Ronaldo than Di Maria.

Ask Barney to tell you about Pulis.

10598594_256028431187724_83871086_n.jpg

:)

Rekd m9
The only person getting REKT would be Chris smalling.

Do the spanish duo need to constantly come up with this kind of bs to try and downplay the quality of their departing players? Real did it with Ozil and Perez claimed he wasn't a good professional. Barca had a cheap shot at Fabregas after he left by unnecessarily posting a statement on their website claiming his performances dropped in the latter stages of the season. It's just so unprofessional to have clubs saying shite about their ex-players unnecessarily when the players themselves are leaving without so much of a fuss. Di Maria has been treated rather unfairly and he hasn't come out and said anything disrespectful yet but you have Ancelotti already trying to downplay him as a player.

It's just so unprofessional to have clubs saying shite about their ex-players unnecessarily when the players themselves are leaving without so much of a fuss. Di Maria has been treated rather unfairly and he hasn't come out and said anything disrespectful yet but you have Ancelotti already trying to downplay him as a player.
Maybe he is under Perez's instructions.

He's not thought of in the same bracket as Ronaldo and Messi but he's like Robben for me. He's a very dangerous player. I can definitely see why we'd sign him. We lacked pace and penetration against Swansea. Januzaj offered it from wing-back but I think we could see Van Gaal going to 4.3.3 if he gets Di Maria.

Do the spanish duo need to constantly come up with this kind of bs to try and downplay the quality of their departing players? Real did it with Ozil and Perez claimed he wasn't a good professional. Barca had a cheap shot at Fabregas after he left by unnecessarily posting a statement on their website claiming his performances dropped in the latter stages of the season. It's just so unprofessional to have clubs saying shite about their ex-players unnecessarily when the players themselves are leaving without so much of a fuss. Di Maria has been treated rather unfairly and he hasn't come out and said anything disrespectful yet but you have Ancelotti already trying to downplay him as a player.

The Fàbregas press note was shocking and, while it could be true Cesc had worse performances as the season went on, I think something serious happened with player for them to release such a statement. I thought the club might be trying to justify his sale but Cesc doesn't even have a fan base here and they didn't release any similar statement about Alexis, who had a great last season, had more sympathies and was sold too. Still, no matter what the player did, it was pathetic.

I have to say though your 'constantly' is simply not true, at least for Barcelona, afaik. I don't remember any similar incident in the past.

You lot seem pretty confident with all these lineups being posted!
I'm pretty confident that he would come in the case that we bid around £50m, and he'd be well worth it too. Same with Vidal though. For whatever reason it looks like we aren't going to bid that much so we won't end up getting them probably, even though we can apparently afford it no problem and they would take us to another level.

Ancelotti's comments didn't sound nearly so harsh live. They told him Simeone's comment about Di Maria being "the best" and asked him to respond

"He's one of the great players that Madrid has. Simeone saying that he's the best is forgetting some, from the Balon D'Or to Bale who scored in the final in Lisbon. I have the good fortune of having great players."

It's not actually insulting to Di Maria, he's trying to avoid insulting the other ones. Which makes sense if he's now resigned to selling him to us.:smirk:

Rekd m9

It is a shit team, really weak midfield defensively. 5 players who can or have played as a second striker.

We would get destroyed against all the top teams.

This thread should get up around 300 pages before the window shuts.

didn't Di Maria star last season for Madrid playing as CM rather than an attacking player as most have him here?

As in Mata is not one of the top 3 or 4 players in his position in world football. Even during his high points at Chelsea, he was not genuine world class. Certainly not even top premier league class whilst being (mis)used by Moyes last season. Just my opinion.

Angel Di Maria is genuine world class, evidenced by that fact that he is a current European club football champion and also recently played in a world cup final. The most improved player in world football right now if you ask me. And so 'worth' paying the crazy world class fee's required to sign such players.

In my book, Di Maria is a similar profile to Suarez, only younger and more versatile. Real Madrid are really really nuts to want to sell him, but I gave up trying to understand the philosophy of Real Madrid years ago.

You are saying somebody could be the 5th best number 10 in the world and somebody else could be the fourth best left back, that number 10 might be a much better player yet he is not world class and the inferior player is. That's what your logic is saying sadly.

OK take a second and imagine we sign Di Maria and Vidal. Jesus, I don't know what I would do with myself. I am almost 99% sure that this will not happen though, a lovely fantasy though it is.

didn't Di Maria star last season for Madrid playing as CM rather than an attacking player as most have him here?
Eh, I thought he played as the most advanced in a midfield trio with Modric and Xabi Alonso... And he would also move out to the wings to cover when Ronaldo inevitably cut in to the centre.

You are saying somebody could be the 5th best number 10 in the world and somebody else could be the fourth best left back, that number 10 might be a much better player yet he is not world class and the inferior player is. That's what your logic is saying sadly.

Indeed. The quote you replied to is fundamentally stupid.

I'm thick, where exactly would we play him in a 352, the same formation that after the match LvG spoke we'd be going back to? so please don't propose a formation other than that, please just tell an ignorant cretin where exactly we'd play him in the 352 that LvG still wants to use.

another no.10? one of the two upfront?

Personally I rather go for Depay rather than di Maria. Di Maria is very similar to Adnan. Memphis is more direct and more of a goal threat

Kaos said:

This midfiled would get murdered. If we got de Maria we would have to chnage systems and probably play 4 3 3 which would mean either playing Rooney wide on the right or leaving out one of Rooney and RvP. Playing 4 3 3 and having Herera and Mata mean we would need a more dynamic player than Carrick to play alongside them. Vidal/Kevin?

Status
Not open for further replies.