Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I think his price tag is a little ridiculous and screams of "we need cash for Falcao" he would undoubtedly immediately be one of the leagues best players as he is currently one of the worlds finest wingers.

Whilst I think his price tag is a little ridiculous and screams of "we need cash for Falcao" he would undoubtedly immediately be one of the leagues best players as he is currently one of the worlds finest central midfielders.
Fixed. But he is very good on the wing too, just better in midfield.

What you said about the money and all that is true, but we do not work at these clubs so I do not know why people are talking as if they know how serious a team takes a competition in comparison to others and what is in a teams best interests at a particular given moment. That is why I stay away from the twitter and transfer speculation threads for the most part as it is mostly full of shit and people talking about things as if they are facts even though it is just something they read from an unreliable source. Like I said before, I remain adamant that if the premiership teams were winning the Europa league then it would be used as an endorsement for the league. For sure winning the Europa league does not prove a league is the strongest or even one of the strongest but if a premiership team won it I am sure that it would then become the case that it is.

Yes, but in the current age of football where money is the driving factor behind virtually everything it's safe to assume that it also figures in to any club's thinking. It may not be the sole reason and Spanish clubs' superior technical ability also plays a major role, but I think at the least the financial and more achievable target of improving your domestic standing in the table is part of the equation.

Spurs who haven't won a European trophy since the early 60's ...

Since the mid-80s would be more accurate, but yes it would be nice to win a 4th after such a long gap. The Europa League offers a real incentive this time around, but whether Pochettino will really go for it is an open question ... probably depend on how well we're doing in the Prem.

I think Di Maria is our first choice signing but we've turned our noses up at the price and that's why we've shown interest in Cuadrado. Part of the delay on any deal may be down to us waiting to see if Madrid lower their demands.

Madrid don't have the greatest of negotiating positions but are still standing firm.

I think Di Maria is our first choice signing but we've turned our noses up at the price and that's why we've shown interest in Cuadrado. Part of the delay on any deal may be down to us waiting to see if Madrid lower their demands.

Madrid don't have the greatest of negotiating positions but are still standing firm.

I don't think Madrid give a crap about negotiating positions, they buy and sell who they want.

I think it's still On. Expect there'll be more update after European super cup, this just isn't the time for Real to talk about it. Ancelotti still needs him for this particular match.
So tomorrow, we go again lads

I think it's still On. Expect there'll be more update after European super cup, this just isn't the time for Real to talk about it. Ancelotti still needs him for this particular match.
So tomorrow, we go again lads
I just saw on Twitter that he's signing for PSG.

I just saw on Twitter that he's signing for PSG.

There we go then.

Twitter is such a useful medium for finally putting all the rumours to bed and coming out with the definitive facts. My only criticism of it as a platform is that (probably because nobody would want to post anything but the verifiable truth) you don't get many updates on transfers from anybody.

There we go then.

Twitter is such a useful medium for finally putting all the rumours to bed and coming out with the definitive facts. My only criticism of it as a platform is that (probably because nobody would want to post anything but the verifiable truth) you don't get many updates on transfers from anybody.
I liked this. Then the reply afterwards.

According to AS
http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2014/08/12/primera/1407841820_367831.html
Le Parisien are reporting that Monaco have agreed a price with Madrid but Di Maria turned them down.

None of the Spanish press are currently predicting a move to PSG. Ronaldo apparently still hopes Di Maria will stay with Madrid.

He also apparently hoped Ozil stayed as well. Poor guy, should have included a clause in his contract about his influence on transfer dealings. Can learn a thing or two from Rooney in this regard ;)

So if he turned down Monaco.. Essentially barring a real outsider ala Chelsea or something it's just come here or stay at Real?

Wait now for a turnover about how Real never wanted him to leave, he didn't want to go and so on. :D

We'll see how Rojo's situation shall progress. Perhaps after that we'll continue building a wider Argentinian base in United. It would definitely be a right direction in attracting more of high quality footballers.

As for Di Maria, it's no brainer. Would be a superb number 7 or 11 that also should be more important and respected player than in Madrid. 80 millions thrown on James Rodriguez is a clear sign that someone may won't find place on Bernabeu's pitch.

We'll see how Rojo's situation shall progress. Perhaps after that we'll continue building a wider Argentinian base in United. It would definitely be a right direction in attracting more high quality footballers.

As for Di Maria, it's no brainer. Would be a superb number 7 or 11 that also should be more important and respected player than in Madrid. 80 millions thrown on James Rodriguez is a clear sign that someone may won't find place on the Bernabeu's pitch.

We don't have much luck with Argies, two cnuts and a flop at last count I reckon.

Signing Rojo and Vermaelen chase indicates to me that we are planning to stick with 3-5-2 for the time being.

In that splashing over the top money on Di Maria does not really fit probably.

The hate on woody is unreal. In 12 months since he has been in charge;

Fellaini - 28m
Mata - 37m
Herreta - 32m?
Shaw - 28m?

But yeah, its the cool thing to hate on him.

Di Maria is absolute quality but you need strengthening in other areas. He really is brilliant though - Madrid's best player last year and among the best wingers/midfielders in the world.

The hate on woody is unreal. In 12 months since he has been in charge;

Fellaini - 28m
Mata - 37m
Herreta - 32m?
Shaw - 28m?

But yeah, its the cool thing to hate on him.

Fellaini - Way overpriced
Mata - about £5-10m overpriced considering he wasn't in favour at Chelsea. They're rivals though so this is understandable.
Herreta - I think he was less than £32m but it's still quite expensive for him. Similar to Fabregas/Kroos prices!
Shaw - Was never going to get Shaw for much less.

And he isn't selling a single player so far, or for very much if he is. City got £23m for Rodwell and Garcia ffs! We'll probably get around that for Fellaini, Nani, Hernandez, Anderson plus Evra for only £1.2 :(

We don't have much luck with Argies, two cnuts and a flop at last count I reckon.
If that's the main argument against Di Maria then we would also end interest in Messi or Aguero if they were available because of 'luck'.

If Ed says something remote to truth we can match financial expectations and sign a world class winger for a change.

And what was that? A massive pile of shite?
Well in amongst the massive piles of shits didn't he mention that we are in a stable financial state and could easily spend £70m or something on one player?

There's a difference between being willing to pay what a player is worth and paying substantially over the odds. I don't think Di Maria is worth what they're asking and the fact that there's little interest for a player of his ability speaks volumes. On top of the massive transfer fee he'll be looking top tier wages considering he's at his peak and this will be his biggest contract. We've already been forced to pay quite hefty fees for players lately and we shouldn't continue to be taken to the cleaners on every deal.

I'd love us to buy top class players but it doesn't mean we should just bend over whenever another club plays hard ball.

Well in amongst the massive piles of shits didn't he mention that we are in a stable financial state and could easily spend £70m or something on one player?
All talk so far pal. I extremely hope I'm wrong but at the moment can't see us even breaking our own transfer fee record.
You may yet be proved wrong.
Again, I hope I'm very very wrong.

So if he turned down Monaco.. Essentially barring a real outsider ala Chelsea or something it's just come here or stay at Real?

Wait now for a turnover about how Real never wanted him to leave, he didn't want to go and so on. :D

It's believed (by the Madrid press) that Ancelotti is still working on some sympathisers in the Madrid board to offer a new deal to Di Maria. Meanwhile Ronaldo is said to be trying to talk Di Maria out of demanding to leave.

Perez is not keen, but with Ancelotti and Ronaldo pulling the other way, he's hesitating about the whole, "Get the cash, buy Falcao," idea. On the other hand an "irresistible" offer for a stroppy player who wants to leave, and he'll sell. Allegedly.

Ronaldo also didn't want Ozil to leave. Madrid still flogged him off in the end

Ancelotti didn't want to keep Ozil though. He didn't see how he'd be able to use him.

Ancelotti/Ronaldo stopped Di Maria from being sold last year as well.

Would be a great addition to our squad but I highly doubt he will come. Woody won't spend anymore and expects LVG to produce miracles.

Fellaini - Way overpriced
Mata - about £5-10m overpriced considering he wasn't in favour at Chelsea. They're rivals though so this is understandable.
Herreta - I think he was less than £32m but it's still quite expensive for him. Similar to Fabregas/Kroos prices!
Shaw - Was never going to get Shaw for much less.

And he isn't selling a single player so far, or for very much if he is. City got £23m for Rodwell and Garcia ffs! We'll probably get around that for Fellaini, Nani, Hernandez, Anderson plus Evra for only £1.2 :(

I hope you realise that you just expanded my point. My post was aimed at the guy above who alluded that Woody is stingy.

Just curious if we were to sign Di Maria - which I do not believe will happen - where would he play, formation wise and and who would be dropped for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.