Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent post. Agree with everything here. Now is really the time to spend big or I fear we will get left behind

Big time man.

FFP targeted clubs have been trying to find a way around it.

City have already worked it out with having clubs in New York & Melbourne - effectively feeder clubs in different continents (out of jurisdiction ownership laws), to transfer the best young players in the world & sold / loaned back to them for a nominal fee, if they want to.

Chelsea have been doin that shit for years. They buy up the best young players so their rivals cant get them & then loan them away to promote them - sell them many years later, when the manager decides they dont fit into his plans i.e. Lukaku to Everton for £28m.

Thats how they're gonna compete with us in the transfer market in the years to come, because they dont have the commercial income we have & we dont treat players like slaves like they do. We bring in players to make us great - not to profit from them. We never get the full value of what we think our out-going players are worth - we respect their decision to leave & honour their desired teams.

Heinze was a different kettle. He wasnt one of us as it turned out. We dont sell to the scouse & any United player that signs a contract with us understands that we will never negotiate a transfer to them. He did it out of spite because he wasnt truly one of us - he was truly one of himself!

F*ck that cnut!

I've never known a summer window, where top-class players are available for the right money. We have the right money & we should take advantage of it. Players & clubs saying they wont leave for any big money are full of it.

FFP rules are only gonna make it harder for clubs to get top dollar for their top players at a later window. United have the money now - we wont be paying the same shit next summer when no-one else can (without scrutiny).

Chelsea will evidently continue to sell a few more young loaned-out players (many of them were regarded ((financially promoted by their PR team)) the best at their age-group in football) to fund the coffers for new cogs in the machine.

That's Chelsea in a nutshell. Mourinho & Red Rom are on a quest to rule the football world - same as City & PSG.

Time to start nippin this shit in the bud - AGAIN!

Who said he's a priority? We're clearly negotiating for, or interested in various players at any one time.
Well, we'd need at least 2 players to integrate Di Maria properly, a centre-mid and a centre-back, wouldn't really make any sense since we practiced the 3-4-1-2 a lot. Unless we bring in about 3-4 players and ship out at least the same amount.

To the bolded part, there's the Vidal and the Vermaelen rumour, right?

Well, we'd need at least 2 players to integrate Di Maria properly, a centre-mid and a centre-back, wouldn't really make any sense since we practiced the 3-4-1-2 a lot. Unless we bring in about 3-4 players and ship out at least the same amount.

To the bolded part, there's the Vidal and the Vermaelen rumour, right?

I suspect we're considering a few. Cuadrado, Vidal - maybe Blind. The Herrera deal came pretty much out if nowhere so there could be other options.

I suspect they're looking for at least one centreback as well.

Basically confirms our interest in Di Maria, doesn't he?

Would be delighted with him. More so than Vidal. This is the saga to follow, feck Arturo right off.

I'm still struggling to believe this. Really odd for him to be so direct as to mention di Maria by name. He only just said he couldn't mention players by name because their prices go up. :confused:

LvG has publicly name checked a player who is available, Madrid clearly wants to sell him, the team competing with us for his signature have publicly withdrawn their interest and he will allow us to play in a different way. I think it is quite important that Woody delivers.
I said earlier today that I didn't think we would genuinely be in for him because I though that if he was too expensive for PSG he would be too expensive for us, but we love to talk about unlimited budgets, breaking transfer records, getting the best players from abroad etc etc.. It's time to deliver now. Less than a week until the first game . Vidal, Di Maria and Blind would make a massive difference to this squad going forward.

I'm still struggling to believe this. Really odd for him to be so direct as to mention di Maria by name. He only just said he couldn't mention players by name because their prices go up. :confused:
Deal must be agreed then:drool:

This is the signing I want above all else, would thrill the OT faithful when he's in full-flow.

This is the signing I want above all else, would thrill the OT faithful when he's in full-flow.

I wanted him ahead of Sanchez or Cuadrado...I just never thought we had a shot at him because he wanted Champions League football...he is one of the most dangerous and versatile wingers in Europe at the moment.

He is so good he will be the reason our formation changes to 4-3-3 if he arrives here.

He could but I think he would be wasted there tbh.
Well how would he fit in then? If we change to 4-3-3 then Mata would not be in his favourite role, we wouldn't fit Rooney and van Persie in the team together.

He could but I think he would be wasted there tbh.

Agreed. He's a game changer, a match winner proven at the highest level. He'd join us and be the best wideman in the league by some distance, he's a level above someone like Hazard.

Also strange he didn't mention Robben.

Exactly, he could have easily mentioned Ronaldo and Robben with both of them being unavailable for a transfer right now. Him mentioning Di Maria must mean something and also the fact that he mentions Di Maria as a winger and not as a central mid means that Vidal must be coming as well :D

Well how would he fit in then? If we change to 4-3-3 then Mata would not be in his favourite role, we wouldn't fit Rooney and van Persie in the team together.

I've actually thought about that quite a bit, cause I'm a muppet. And either we try him in CM, like Real Madrid did. Alongside someone like Fletcher or Herrera he could work imo.
Or we switch back to 4-3-3 play him RvP and Rooney up front in an interchanging system.

Or well, we could still play him as a wingback, I'm sure he could do a job there but it would restrict him too much imo.

I've actually thought about that quite a bit, cause I'm a muppet. And either we try him in CM, like Real Madrid did. Alongside someone like Fletcher or Herrera he could work imo.
Or we switch back to 4-3-3 play him RvP and Rooney up front in an interchanging system.

Or well, we could still play him as a wingback, I'm sure he could do a job there but it would restrict him too much imo.
Well exactly, we'd have to feck around loads just to fit him in where he is happy. That would be fine with someone like Ronaldo if he came back but Di Maria is just the level below.

I'd welcome this signing as a Wing back if he is happy to play there but it would hardly be ideal for him.

A throw away remark about Di Maria, in the course of explaining why we´re playing 3-5-2 (which would be shocking to drop after practicing it all tour long), and apparently its on...:wenger:

Four #10s:

Kagaw
Mata
Fellaini :boring:
Januzaj?

Five #9s:

Hernandez
Welbeck
RVP
Rooney
???

Edit: Joga Bonito beat me to it. Wilson probably.

Well exactly, we'd have to feck around loads just to fit him in where he is happy. That would be fine with someone like Ronaldo if he came back but Di Maria is just the level below.

I'd welcome this signing as a Wing back if he is happy to play there but it would hardly be ideal for him.

He is very very versatile. Who would have thought he would have such a great season in CM for Real.
LvG would find a way to fit him in. And judging by LvG's comments that we lack world calls players providing width he would certainly fit the bill.

A throw away remark about Di Maria, in the course of explaining why we´re playing 3-5-2 (which would be shocking to drop after practicing it all tour long), and apparently its on...:wenger:
My thought process also, but he is available, unhappy and Madrid are willing to sell. Why name drop him of all wingers?

Just because he mentioned Di Maria specifically doesn't mean we we are necessarily interested. In my opinion he was just naming a couple of players of the calibre that we should be looking at. I think he has other targets in mind except from him. He certainly knows how to play the media though

Tbh I also read it like that. Can't really understand why those comments confirm our interest in him. It's just that he talked about our lack of class on the wings, which is quite obvious anyway.

Our squad is such a clusterfeck we cant even to manage to fit world class players into our side in a hypothetical :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.