Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't wanna be a major buzzkill but £60m is a lot of money for Di Maria. Some may say too much money. Then again, our squad's full of shite and he's genuinely world class, something we're lacking in.

Players you'd pay 50m+ for:

Ronaldo
Messi
Suarez
Bale
Iniesta
Ibra? Maybe.
Neymar
Hazard
Falcao
Robben

EDIT: And Sturridge, of course.

That's the company di Maria's in. He is one of the best players in the world. Apart from Ronaldo and Messi, you'd be splitting hairs not to find some place for him in the top 5, especially after last season's performances.

Last edited by a moderator:
2009: “Since I was 13 or 14 years old, I’ve been telling my mother and my father that my dream is to play some day for Manchester United," he said in the News of the World. “And I won’t stop till I get it. “When I watch [Wayne] Rooney and all of them on TV, I can’t wait to play there at Old Trafford. “When I was a little boy I watched Arsenal games as well, but Manchester United always dazzled me most.”
Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/di-maria-reveals-united-dream#CTXqQeET6Q3AL9pl.99
That must be fake. I have seen those quotes all over twiiter and NO ONE even tried to question it. Do yo honestly think that he would say that and still be at Real Madrid?

Also, anyone like the photo I took of Di Maria's wife and kid?
Bvr7eL6IYAA4E05.jpg

2009: “Since I was 13 or 14 years old, I’ve been telling my mother and my father that my dream is to play some day for Manchester United," he said in the News of the World. “And I won’t stop till I get it. “When I watch [Wayne] Rooney and all of them on TV, I can’t wait to play there at Old Trafford. “When I was a little boy I watched Arsenal games as well, but Manchester United always dazzled me most.”
Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/di-maria-reveals-united-dream#CTXqQeET6Q3AL9pl.99

Bollocks.

It's happening isn't it? I miss the little fella already. :(

United is on the up with these kind of buys. You'll enjoy watching him tear up other teams for fun. I'm sure he'll make your whole team play better and more direct too.
I like United, so I'm glad he'll probably join you instead of PSG.

Good luck Angel! Thanks for the memories!

What a superb and amazingly gracious post. A true credit to Madrid and your fans. I feel your pain, felt exactly the same when Ronaldo left for Madrid.

To be fair though, you do owe us one. We sold you Ronaldo for a fair price, many may say too low of a price. And we gave you Van Nistlerooy for £10 MILLION! The same year Chelsea signed Shevchenko for £30 Million! I'm sure they had almost identical CL records as well. And then we gave you the money printing machine that was Beckham for a mere £25 Million. So going by that logic let us have Modric for £5 and we can call it even :lol:

£56m - It's about time we paid one of the biggest transfer fees in the world, if we call ourselfs the biggest club in the world.

Think it will be a British transfer record too.
It's the way football is evolving, you just can't stay behind. Even Wenger is spending like a muppet lately!

DM - HERRERA
DI MARIA - MATA - JANUZAJ
ROONEY​

Thats how I would like us to play. I know it's dropping RVP, but it fits our best players bar him, and all in positions they like

Same for me I think. Having Rooney and RVP battle it out would probably bring the best out of them both.

Ronaldo
Messi
Suarez
Bale
Iniesta
Ibra? Maybe.
Neymar
Hazard
Falcao

That's the company di Maria's in. He is one of the best players in the world. Apart from Ronaldo and Messi, you'd be splitting hairs not to find some place for him in the top 5, especially after last season's performances.

Sturridge?

u wot m8?

Mata on the left, Rooney behind RVP.

Rotation will mean everybody would get enough games, I just really feel Mata on the left is a bit wasted.
I know Januzaj is not lightning quick, but it is nice to have some sort of pace out wide.
Mata also doesn't really beat his man much, Januzaj does

Ronaldo
Messi
Suarez
Bale
Iniesta
Ibra? Maybe.
Neymar
Hazard
Falcao

Considering that they paid €80m (around £63m) for a worse, though younger player in James Rodriguez, I am also not too bothered by it. Di Maria would add a lot more than just assists/goals - he will make us lethal on the counter, will offer the pace we need and also would create more space for Mata, Rooney, RVP and Januzaj.

Going on last season, he was at least the third best player for a double and CL winning team. How anyone could not be happy with us potentially getting him, I have no idea.

That must be fake. I have seen those quotes all over twiiter and NO ONE even tried to question it. Do yo honestly think that he would say that and still be at Real Madrid?

Also, anyone like the photo I took of Di Maria's wife and kid?
Bvr7eL6IYAA4E05.jpg

I can see why he's coming to Manchester, as he obviously wants to keep his missus away from Özil.

Happy if this happens but a tad expensive but if Borini is worth 14mill then . . . . .maybe it's a bargain

We still need a quality midfielder Khedira would be ideal if he is available and being greedy cuadrado too

But, but ... on RAWK he's the best striker in the league and more important than Suarez.

Yeah, I heard that Sturridge single-handedly won them the league last year. If only we could swap Rooney and RVP for him. Would even throw in Mata to try to convince them.

Yeah, I heard that Sturridge single-handedly won them the league last year. If only we could swap Rooney and RVP for him. Would even throw in Mata to try to convince them.
Still don't think they would take that deal.

Lot of money this. Do you think this rules out the possibility of you guys buying an expensive CM? After all, that's your most needy position.

Rotation will mean everybody would get enough games, I just really feel Mata on the left is a bit wasted.
I know Januzaj is not lightning quick, but it is nice to have some sort of pace out wide.
Mata also doesn't really beat his man much, Januzaj does
Was Mata not on the left during that 2012/13 season at Chelsea where he was unreal?

What a superb and amazingly gracious post. A true credit to Madrid and your fans. I feel your pain, felt exactly the same when Ronaldo left for Madrid.

To be fair though, you do owe us one. We sold you Ronaldo for a fair price, many may say too low of a price. And we gave you Van Nistlerooy for £10 MILLION! The same year Chelsea signed Shevchenko for £30 Million! I'm sure they had almost identical CL records as well. And then we gave you the money printing machine that was Beckham for a mere £25 Million. So going by that logic let us have Modric for £5 and we can call it even :lol:
:D Don't get greedy now!

Being without european football means selling to United is not going to haunt the big CL teams this year.

The next problem United will have is finding another player to keep up with him.

Same for me I think. Having Rooney and RVP battle it out would probably bring the best out of them both.

Agreed. And Rooney is also high on the list as back-up to most of those forward positions, so even if RVP beat him to the CF spot he'd still get lots of game time all over the place (especially given how many injuries we pick up). Plus RVP is getting on a bit, so won't be a reliable first choice for many more seasons.

Lot of money this. Do you think this rules out the possibility of you guys buying an expensive CM? After all, that's your most needy position.
Pretty much rules it out yeah. We're probably looking at cheaper options like De Jong and Lucas Silva.

He certainly did, and was top scorer. And, apparently, was the galvanising force behind Madrid's CL campaign. Hail, King Sturridge.

Thats the best way for the team to play for sure. We get imbalanced with rooney out of position but he's too good to drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.