Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the first ever big signing we've might make that actually compliments the United style of football down to a tee.. edge of your seat type of player, bags of pace, work ethic and genuinely world class, i.e. not a bottler.

You should of seen my contrast of emotions when I saw that because when I opened up twitter, that tweet came up first and my heart sank. Then when I scrolled down, it showed Di Maria will sign for us. I wanted you lot to suffer with me.

Also, funny tweet

:lol:

I mean, I agree with that to a degree, but di Maria has shown remarkable versatility. But to not rate di Maria, well, one might as well just not bother watching football. He's got incredible talent and a great work ethic. The sort of player you don't turn down if he's available and you can get him.

My point more alludes to RAWK's newfound denial, though. How can their hatred of United distort their views so markedly? Most on here have similar antipathy for Liverpool, but wouldn't suddenly dismiss di Maria's ability if he were to sign for them. One of them said: He's just another Ozil, doesn't turn up when it matters. Whaaaaa?!!
I can't say I agree with that sentiment, since I wrote on here a few days ago that I was hoping that Di Maria was our number one priority. Mainly because he has so much of what our offensive play is missing, and because he gives us another dimension of tactical versatility. I can certainly see where those who would have wanted a Vidal ahead of him are coming from though.

But yeah, if someone thinks he's not a good player I can't believe they've watched him much at all. I don't watch too much La Liga, but he was magnificent for Real Madrid in most of the plus minus ten matches I watched them last season. A proper driving force, along with Modric.

Now if we can get a good midfielder it would have been a very good summer, especially with some of the deadwood leaving.

Also looks like at least on of Welbeck or Hernandez is off which should raise 15-20m.

I'm not sure if giving him the number 7 jersey will be the right move. Will he able to match our last two number seven greatness?

I doubt it.

That's a very good point, actually. He'll never be as revolutionary as Valencia. And by revolutionary I mean turning in circles if the opportunity to use the stronger foot is not available.

What is it with everyone dropping Mata all of a sudden?

We could potentially fit all of our WC players plus Di Maria if he comes in a 41212 or a 433.

We still need another top CM imo, in order to properly compete.

I think with Di Maria and even a De Jong we should still compete with everyone fit......

You should of seen my contrast of emotions when I saw that because when I opened up twitter, that tweet came up first and my heart sank. Then when I scrolled down, it showed Di Maria will sign for us. I wanted you lot to suffer with me.

Also, funny tweet

You would think his signing would make a 4-3-3 the best selection to get the best out of the players. You'd definitely need a De Jong type in there to tighten things up. Would be exciting to watch though.

I'm not sure if giving him the number 7 jersey will be the right move. Will he able to match our last two number seven greatness?

I doubt it.
Owen, and Valencia? :smirk:

Of course!

You would think his signing would make a 4-3-3 the best selection to get the best out of the players. You'd definitely need a De Jong type in there to tighten things up. Would be exciting to watch though.
Yep. The 4-3-3 or 4-1-2-1-2 would work with the players we have.

Just had a look to see what they were saying;

That escalated quickly...

They are definitely getting a bit rude now:

"Di Maria goes to Manchester because he wants to be the best in the world, like Robinho. Furthermore, jorgelina [ADM's girlfriend] really likes the city, great weather and food, there are many very interesting factories, fuming"

Don't wanna be a major buzzkill but £60m is a lot of money for Di Maria. Some may say too much money. Then again, our squad's full of shite and he's genuinely world class, something we're lacking in.

It'll be Januzaj off of the bench, no need to rush him now.

Januzaj didn't get the number 11 to sit on the bench. Two out of Mata, Rooney and RVP will be benched. Pace, power and energy is the LVG blueprint, he'll be ruthless.

When was this? I don't recall Di Maria ever playing against Spurs while at Benfica.
I think he mean's against Liverpool in the Europa league. I remember he tore Liverpool apart. I said to my friend in the pub we should sign him there and then. Couple weeks later he moved to Real.

Don't wanna be a major buzzkill but £60m is a lot of money for Di Maria. Some may say too much money. Then again, our squad's full of shite and he's genuinely world class, something we're lacking in.
£50m - £60m is about the going rate for one of the worlds best players right now, I'd say.

What is it with everyone dropping Mata all of a sudden?

We could potentially fit all of our WC players plus Di Maria if he comes in a 41212 or a 433.

We still need another top CM imo, in order to properly compete.

One of RVP, Di Maria, Mata, and Rooney have to be dropped because Mata, RVP, and Rooney aren't better than Adnan on the wing. Di Maria starting is a given.

The only green and gold fans care about these days is handing it over willingly for decent players!

DM - HERRERA
DI MARIA - MATA - JANUZAJ
ROONEY​

Thats how I would like us to play. I know it's dropping RVP, but it fits our best players bar him, and all in positions they like

60-70m euros, which is 48-56m pounds.

Euros, not ££££

DM - HERRERA
ROONEY​

Thats how I would like us to play. I know it's dropping RVP, but it fits our best players bar him, and all in positions they like
Mata on the left, Rooney behind RVP.

2009: “Since I was 13 or 14 years old, I’ve been telling my mother and my father that my dream is to play some day for Manchester United," he said in the News of the World. “And I won’t stop till I get it. “When I watch [Wayne] Rooney and all of them on TV, I can’t wait to play there at Old Trafford. “When I was a little boy I watched Arsenal games as well, but Manchester United always dazzled me most.”
Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/di-maria-reveals-united-dream#CTXqQeET6Q3AL9pl.99

That's a very good point, actually. He'll never be as revolutionary as Valencia. And by revolutionary I mean turning in circles if the opportunity to use the stronger foot is not available.
:lol: Very good.

DM - HERRERA
ROONEY​

That's exactly how I would want us to play too. And also, I'm pretty sure that one of our attacking players will be injured at any given time during the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.