Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea ?
Definitely something they'd do, I'd put money on either them or Munich if it were true, maybe even Athletico as Simeone made some suggestive comments about him yesterday.

The Chelsea fan has this idea that nobody here rated Di Maria particularly high before he was linked to us. It's a quite ridiculous overstatement, even though some did, and still do, feel that there are other players who should be higher than him on our priority list.

I mean, I agree with that to a degree, but di Maria has shown remarkable versatility. But to not rate di Maria, well, one might as well just not bother watching football. He's got incredible talent and a great work ethic. The sort of player you don't turn down if he's available and you can get him.

My point more alludes to RAWK's newfound denial, though. How can their hatred of United distort their views so markedly? Most on here have similar antipathy for Liverpool, but wouldn't suddenly dismiss di Maria's ability if he were to sign for them. One of them said: He's just another Ozil, doesn't turn up when it matters. Whaaaaa?!!

Watching Gillette Soccer Saturday earlier today, opinion by Merson/Le Tissier/Phil Thompson and Charles Nicholas was United won't make the top4 again.

You look at United's potential side though and top players - De Gea/RVP/Rooney/Januzaj/Mata/Di Maria/Herrera/Kagawa that is as good as any elite club in Europe, certainly in the Premier League. We might be average in defense and center midfield, but top players like that can easy put us in the top4, especially with a predator like RVP in your side.

What, ever? If so, they need to go back to school, 'cause somewhere down the line the educational system didn't affect them properly. With FFP coming in, we're in line to dominate the league again.

It's happening isn't it? I miss the little fella already. :(

United is on the up with these kind of buys. You'll enjoy watching him tear up other teams for fun. I'm sure he'll make your whole team play better and more direct too.
I like United, so I'm glad he'll probably join you instead of PSG.

Good luck Angel! Thanks for the memories!
HAHA YOU SUCK VAT... oh wait you're being nice about it.

Err, thanks?

DDG

RAF SMALLING ROJO SHAW

HERRERA CARRICK DI MARIA

JANUZAJ RVP ROONEY

Always remember the first time I saw him, playing for Benfica against Spurs and it was just so obvious how good he was. Fergie wanted him before he went to Real.

Di_Maria.jpg

Would pressing that order button make me the king of muppets? :drool:

Do it. Then we can all laugh at you when we have Di Maria on the back of our shirts!

MMD_375743_el_motor_del_real_madrid.jpg

From one of the Madrid forums - I think some of them are comparing it to when they lost Makelele, i.e. losing the engine.

Plus LVG mentioning him by name.. it has to be real this time.

This could be the greatest signing we have seen for United, it is that massive. A peak world class star.

And from Real Madrid!

We still have that litte Spaniard right?
I like Mata, but for me he just doesn't compliment our style. Unless he is playing instead of 1 of the forwards in Rooney or RVP I don't see how we can fit him in. Maybe if Herrera drops deeper and plays instead of Carrick if we want to be ultra attacking.

He's one of the biggest cnuts around at the moment. Any tips on how I can repress my hate for him? He's a great player, world class even, but he's such a fanny, it's hard not to dislike him.

Maybe it'll be different when I see him holding a United shirt with #7 on the back?! He'll still be a cnut but he'll be our cnut.

Van Gaal always described SAF's 4-4-1-1 as a 4-3-3, so I hope Van Gaal will go with:

De Gea
Rafael - Smalling - Evans - Shaw
Januzaj - Herrera - ? - Di Maria
Rooney (c)
Van Persie

DDG
Rafael Smalling Rojo Shaw
DM
Herrera Januzaj
Cuadrado Rooney Di Maria
I'd like to see that..

There's many things to like about Angel: great pace, great technique, great name; perhaps best of all though is his frankly absurd energy levels. Every time I see him the guy plays as if he is the bus from the film Speed and will blow up if he goes below 40mph.

Will be interesting to see what Van Gaal does tactically now.

His reasoning for not playing 4-3-3 was that he didn't have a world class winger like Di Maria and had too many strikers. If we do get Di Maria and the rumors about Hernandez and Welbeck leaving are true, then that'll get rid of those issues.

What is it with everyone dropping Mata all of a sudden?

We could potentially fit all of our WC players plus Di Maria if he comes in a 41212 or a 433.

We still need another top CM imo, in order to properly compete.

I'm not sure if giving him the number 7 jersey will be the right move. Will he able to match our last two number seven greatness?

I doubt it.

From one of the Madrid forums - I think some of them are comparing it to when they lost Makelele, i.e. losing the engine.

Just had a look to see what they were saying;

Real Madrid fan said:
Di Maria wants to play in Bales position closer to the goal, he has no interest in playing in midfield and that is his main dilemma with this club. This is why I hate Argentinians, because Maradona, Messi, Di Maria, Tevez etc. are all scum

That escalated quickly...

@DeMono

That is wrong mate,almost crapped myself before i verified the date..
You should of seen my contrast of emotions when I saw that because when I opened up twitter, that tweet came up first and my heart sank. Then when I scrolled down, it showed Di Maria will sign for us. I wanted you lot to suffer with me.

Also, funny tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.