Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse me, I've been away for three or four hours and come back to all of these posts that, if I believe them, tell me diMaria is all but signed;yet, nothing on MEN, nothing on BBC on line, ESPN, Foxsoccer etc. WTF? I want to believe but this muppet season has been trying and may yet drive me to drink, probably this evening.
Why should I believe this particular rumor??

Excuse me, I've been away for three or four hours and come back to all of these posts that, if I believe them, tell me diMaria is all but signed;yet, nothing on MEN, nothing on BBC on line, ESPN, Foxsoccer etc. WTF? I want to believe but this muppet season has been trying and may yet drive me to drink, probably this evening.

A surge in reports from multiple sources saying its happening next week.

ESPN have tweeted about it and it's on the BBC website and they have tweeted it. Pretty much all the so called ITK journos have commented. United have declined to comment but It's obviously been leaked from somewhere.

How good is he? I'd like to know how he's rated by Real fans.
He's honestly amazing, Spoons. Our most exciting player to watch. You will absolutely love him. I'm 100% sure he'll have a direct impact on how the team plays. He'll bring fluid football back to Old Trafford. He's in his absolute prime right now.

He will probably be a great signing for united. He will be very good on the wing and get loads of assists (even when he is poor he still manages to get assists which is what great players do, make the difference even when things are not working perfectly for them) and he scores some great goals, in addition to working very hard and being very good defensively. He is a very flexible player and has a brilliant attitude and does not complain when moved into different positions. Personally I think he is much better in midfield although I doubt united will use him there. Good luck to him (I hope he takes the pink jerseys with him too).

Its on ESPN and BBC sort of reporting it. You missed out on Sky Sports. And Fox fecking Soccer? What the hell have they got to do with this? They are a piece of shit in America and they are going to report this deal first? I won't be surprised if they only report this deal a month from today.

I wonder if the man of the match in the CL final has ever been pushed out of his club before the next season. Madrid are insane.

He will probably be a great signing for united. He will be very good on the wing and get loads of assists (even when he is poor he still manages to get assists which is what great players do, make the difference even when things are not working perfectly for them) and he scores some great goals, in addition to working very hard and being very good defensively. He is a very flexible player and has a brilliant attitude and does not complain when moved into different positions. Personally I think he is much better in midfield although I doubt united will use him there. Good luck to him (I hope he takes the pink jerseys with him too).

Thanks but no thanks on that offer for pink jerseys.

Don't wanna be a major buzzkill but £60m is a lot of money for Di Maria. Some may say too much money. Then again, our squad's full of shite and he's genuinely world class, something we're lacking in.

See, this was my immediate reaction as well. But it is becomes more and more clear that it is without a doubt the best use of our money.

Di Maria is probably a top 15-20 player in the world right now. You already know about 10 of the top 20 players in the world are not for sale (Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Ibra, Iniesta, RVP, Neuer, Lahm, etc.), meaning out of the 10 possible best players in the world available, we would be getting one of them. Not only that, but he comes in at a position that we need desperately, at the most ideal and important time in the recent history of our club, and off the best season of his career where he arguably was the best player in La Liga, or at least top 5. Considering what we need -- central midfielders, wingers, central defenders -- di Maria fits one of the categories and is world class. Perhaps we are overpaying by 10 mil or so but ffs who cares? What are our alternatives? Wait until Vidal outright states he is not leaving or count on Strootman in January? Get a mediocre midfielder and mediocre defender for 60 mil total? Buy two Fellaini's? I don't know about you, but I would prefer a Ferrari over two solid Volvo's. We may never have a chance again to buy such a fantastic player who could single handedly reinvigorate our club.

Plus, his purchase would prove Woody isn't a complete knobhead. So in more ways than one di Maria is the perfect purchase.

Jamie Jackson and Danny Taylor of the Guardian are on it, Ian Ladyman at the Mail is on it, Telegraph, Mirror, Balague on Sky, all the ITK sources, it's everywhere

And here's some BBC for you, if you like (they are obviously a bit more coy as they don't deal with rumours) http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28915510

Its on ESPN and BBC sort of reporting it. You missed out on Sky Sports. And Fox fecking Soccer? What the hell have they got to do with this? They are a piece of shit in America and they are going to report this deal first? I won't be surprised if they only report this deal a month from today.

What the feck are you on about ? :wenger:

All I said is its been reported in multiple sources.

A bit like the Maradona v Belgium pic

_77136699_dimaria2_getty.jpg
That is brilliant!

Players you'd pay 50m+ for:

Ronaldo
Messi
Suarez
Bale
Iniesta
Ibra? Maybe.
Neymar
Hazard
Falcao

EDIT: And Sturridge, of course.

That's the company di Maria's in. He is one of the best players in the world. Apart from Ronaldo and Messi, you'd be splitting hairs not to find some place for him in the top 5, especially after last season's performances.
Agree with this. You forgot Robben though.

Ballbag on Sky sports

The conviction with which he speaks confirms to me that Di Maria is coming. There were no maybe's or if's, this is Guillem Balague getting a scoop and making money rain all over himself by breaking the story. That's the sight of a journalist who is sure of himself. No twitter babble, this is factual reporting.

Very expensive.....need to watch some YouTube video to get excited

Lot of money this. Do you think this rules out the possibility of you guys buying an expensive CM? After all, that's your most needy position.

We have Herrera as a number 8 and Carrick as a number 6, the former we spent a lot for and the latter showed what he is capable of in Ferguson's last season.

The concern therefore is squad depth with what appears to be Cleverley / Kagawa as the second number 8 and Fletcher as the second number 6, if Louis van Gaal wants to buy a better squad player then it should not be too difficult. Also Jones can play central midfield well enough if we go with 2 centre backs.

He's a good player but will someone please convince me he's truly outstanding?

Most skilful player at Madrid and their best big game player.. one of the few players in football who can tear world class defenders apart (see his twisting in and out of Puyol). One thing he is not, is a great goalscorer.. but in terms of drive with the ball, fearlessness in terms of taking players on, I struggle to think of any players who come close.. Robben is similar in that respect.

Cuadrado is another fearless runner with the ball - things have gone eerily quiet on that front, I would love to see him here on the right wing.

If we get this one over the line, I'm excited about what it can do for our other attacking players too. As well as the quality, creativity and pace Di Maria will bring, there is the added benefit of the space this will make for others in the attacking third. Not to mention the fact that players will have to raise their game because of the increased competition.

We have some much quality and potential in the attacking third but it's just not clicking and knitting together for some reason. I hope Di Maria is the missing piece of the jigsaw to bring it all together attacking wise. His pace will certainly help massively.

Lot of money this. Do you think this rules out the possibility of you guys buying an expensive CM? After all, that's your most needy position.

Fact is, we are rich. Very, very rich. It hasn't been shown in the transfer market, but compared to the revenue we'll make this year alone, we'll make back all the money we've invested in under a year. The Glazers have finally realised that the one thing that makes this brand tick is the winning and if we want to win, we'll have invest and invest on the best players.

I'm sure we have at least another £50m lying around. There's a reason why United are always rated as being as rich as Barca and Madrid. This window will show that we can spend like Madrid. Of course, I hope this is a one off and we don't spend like idiots every year. But, we need it now if want to get competitive with the likes of Liverpool, City, Arsenal and Chelsea.

84% say he shouldn't be sold - the others are probably Atletico fans
http://as.com/encuestas/2014/08/23/1408750549.html?estado_vista=resultados&msg=ok

Ta.
He's honestly amazing, Spoons. Our most exciting player to watch. You will absolutely love him. I'm 100% sure he'll have a direct impact on how the team plays. He'll bring fluid football back to Old Trafford. He's in his absolute prime right now.

Excellent. Now, how about Khadiera as well? I've gone full on Scholesy.

Status
Not open for further replies.