Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still waiting for the inevitable "di Maria not on van gaals radar" tweet.
I doubt that will happen, as Van Gaal specifically mentioned Di Maria as one of the world class wingers he needs.

If it does, we all know for sure that those comments either genuine excuses or bullshit.

I sit and wait
while an Angel
Contemplates his fate
Does he know
The muppetry does grow
Where the weathers cold
'Cause he's been told
Van Gaals system
Lets his wings unfold

So when I'm lying in my bed
Thoughts runnin' through my head
And I feel Vidals deal's dead
I'm lovin' Angel instead

And through it ALLLLLLLLLLLL
He offers Shaw protection
And Smalling a sense of direction
when he's on the ball,
He won't deflate me
I'm lovin' Angels small head
:lol::lol: Brilliant!

I doubt that will happen, as Van Gaal specifically mentioned Di Maria as one of the world class wingers he needs.

If it does, we all know for sure that those comments either genuine excuses or bullshit.
He also said that he won't mention his targets by name!

I really cannot see this one happening lads. The edict from the board has probably been to make top 4 with what we have if we cant trim down the squad. Van Gaal was the perfect successor for Fergie because like Fergie he prefers not to spend in the market.

I sit and wait
while an Angel
Contemplates his fate
Does he know
The muppetry does grow
Where the weathers cold
'Cause he's been told
Van Gaals system
Lets his wings unfold

So when I'm lying in my bed
Thoughts runnin' through my head
And I feel Vidals deal's dead
I'm lovin' Angel instead

And through it ALLLLLLLLLLLL
He offers Shaw protection
And Smalling a sense of direction
when he's on the ball,
He won't deflate me
I'm lovin' Angels small head
Take a bow!
Brilliant :lol:

Oh yeah it'll definitely come from him, the bastard.

His paper has said United have 'distanced themselves from reports that they are close to signing Di Maria' , though I suppose they would say that, any chance of anything on this been in embargoed reports for later?

Btw not a huge admirer of this potential transfer, square pegs in round holes and all that.

His paper has said United have 'distanced themselves from reports that they are close to signing Di Maria' , though I suppose they would say that, any chance of anything on this been in embargoed reports for later?

Btw not a huge admirer of this potential transfer, square pegs in round holes and all that.

Only if you think he'll be used as a wingback. Otherwise he's exactly what we need to play a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1. Just means one of Rooney/Mata/RVP needs to be dropped.

The way our players are dropping like flies, there will be a square hole available for him soon.

I'd be ecstatic if we got him, but i'd be worried if he was our only signing between now and the end of the window. I don't think we have the luxury of waiting until January really.

Only if you think he'll be used as a wingback. Otherwise he's exactly what we need to play a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1. Just means one of Rooney/Mata/RVP needs to be dropped.

Which wouldn't/shouldn't happen as all three are class, and when fit should be in the first team, admittedly with our injury record there is a far chance one will often be out which makes it more plausable .......... just give me a fecking world class midfielder that's all I want!

If he's our only signing then we're still going to struggle to finish fourth.

He's a quality player and will improve our attack but our real issues would still be unresolved. CM and defence are our biggest problems and, until they're fixed, we're going to struggle.

Which wouldn't/shouldn't happen as all three are class, and when fit should be in the first team, admittedly with our injury record there is a far chance one will often be out which makes it more plausable .......... just give me a fecking world class midfielder that's all I want!

Individually they are all good players but as a collective attack they are terrible. None of them has any pace or offer penetration in behind opposition defences, everyone wants the ball into feet and we're very easy to defend against. Di Maria offers pace, verticality and aggressive dribbling qualities that none of those three offer. Building a good team is about having harmonious relationships and you simply can't get the best out of Rooney/Mata/RVP unless you have pace to compliment them.

I'd be ecstatic if we got him, but i'd be worried if he was our only signing between now and the end of the window. I don't think we have the luxury of waiting until January really.
Midfield would still look bare. But then again if Carrick comes back soon and Herrera settles in well we can get by with that, the talents of Di Maria, Rooney, van Persie, Mata, Januzaj etc would scare the shit out of teams.

The exciting thing is, we definitely know he's leaving. It's just a case of him landing here, which is highly possible considering our rivals either don't need him or in PSG's case, can actually afford to buy him because of fair play.

He's a quality player and will improve our attack but our real issues would still be unresolved. CM and defence are our biggest problems and, until they're fixed, we're going to struggle.

Agreed. But knowing Woody, I'll take what I can get. If we get ADM, I'll be really happy.

Midfield would still look bare. But then again if Carrick comes back soon and Herrera settles in well we can get by with that, the talents of Di Maria, Rooney, van Persie, Mata, Januzaj etc would scare the shit out of teams.

I'd say we still need a midfielder if Carrick, Herrera and Fellaini were all fit. But knowing our luck with injuries, we'll be lucky to make it January still up there. But i'm guessing we all know that and it's a tad off topic.

Should we play him against mk dons?

If we got his work permit in time, sure :D He's still in pre-season and he's only played about 100 minutes. Mind you that's 100 minutes more than Khedira who doesn't even need a work permit to play.

His signing would lift us. Then we'd remember we've a shit midfield and that we've somehow got to fit him into a team with RVP - Mata & Rooney.

Don't you mean world class? If and it's a big IF we do sign him then I can see other teams being scared of us again with or without further reinforcements, also if we can attract a player of Di Maria's quality without champions league then the floodgates might open in Jan.

His signing would lift us. Then we'd remember we've a shit midfield and that we've somehow got to fit him into a team with RVP - Mata & Rooney.

We don't have to. One of them needs to be dropped or three of them can rotate for 2 positions. We need the skillset Di Maria provides much more than any of those 3.

Individually they are all good players but as a collective attack they are terrible. None of them has any pace or offer penetration in behind opposition defences, everyone wants the ball into feet and we're very easy to defend against. Di Maria offers pace, verticality and aggressive dribbling qualities that none of those three offer. Building a good team is about having harmonious relationships and you simply can't get the best out of Rooney/Mata/RVP unless you have pace to compliment them.

Well that's our own stupid fault for getting this collection of players together at the same time, they're all on huge wages, and came for huge fees it would be very hard to drop any of them when they are fit, almost better to sell one of them, I'm all for competition in the squad but a RvP, Rooney, and to a lesser extent Mata dropped to the bench for a sustained period isn't a good thing, then there is Janujaz who must be played as often as we can.

In other circumstances i'd be all for Di Maria, but just feel we have other priorities right now, but I suppose if we want to neglect them then we might as well get this guy in.

Sometimes bringing in a certain player can just lift the whole team and fans, like scholes mentioned.

And then it dawns on the team it doesnt really fix the problem and you;re back where you starter but out of pocket?

Status
Not open for further replies.