Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That marca article;

Hours of Di Maria Real Madrid seem counted. The Argentine has been ruled out for Ancelotti for the second leg of the Supercopa of Spain at the Calderon.

The fans spoke last Tuesday at the Bernabeu cheering Di Maria but the fate of Argentina points to the Premier and more particularly to Manchester United, which would put 70 million euros on the table to sign the Argentine player.

Ancelotti said at the press conference before the match against Atletico Di Maria has requested leave this summer. "It must be he who seek a solution." And this seems very close, it will be goodbye to Real Madrid, where he arrived in the 2010-11 season.

Not the best translation but you get the idea. How reliable are marca? I thought they were supposed to be Real Madrids mouthpiece?

Who really cares about the formation and tactics right now let's be honest. Let's just get him first, have a party all week, and then worry about that side of things when it comes to next weekends game.

Discarding Di Maria gives the feeling that you definitely closer to Manchester United. The player himself ruled out PSG and Monaco

There might be a ton of reasons why Vidal isn't happening. It's not like we can simply pick and choose world class players.

Imagine if we signed Di Maria in the next day or two, then wrapped up Vidal in the last minute on deadline day. :drool:

Then we all wake up.

Unless we're reverting to 4-3-3 then he will be a luxury signing.

Honestly I hope we're reverting to 4-3-3. Such system would make the most out of Januzaj and Shaw

With less than 2 weeks left in the transfer window, will there be enough time to prepare a bid?

I think he's worth €70million, especially after the season he has just had, but I couldn't care less what we pay, it's signings like these that take you back to the top!

Hope we can wrap up Vidal and Benatia as well ahaha :nervous:

Discarding Di Maria gives the feeling that you definitely closer to Manchester United. The player himself ruled out PSG and Monaco

Oooh, that's big. Sainz is one of the reporters that the players, including Ronaldo, actually have contact with. I reckon Mrs Di Maria has told him something.

Honestly I hope we're reverting to 4-3-3. Such system would make the most out of Januzaj and Shaw

I agree, but as I've said before, you can't squeeze both RvP and Rooney into a 4-3-3 and there's no room for Mata at all. So its one helluva bold move.

Both are talented. Both will be brilliant; in a few years. We need ready, developed players right now in the team otherwise we're just going to fall further and further behind he frontrunners. And that's why he's a necessary signing.

:lol:

That's a good one, thanks for the laugh.

A player that would be our best LWB, our best number 8 (for like a 4-1-2-1-2 or something), our best winger and possibly even more effective than Mata as a number 10 (on current form + with RVP and Rooney in front) and in the 3-5-2 a di Maria + Rooney / RVP partnership might be superior to Rooney + RVP.

The definition of versatile - Angel di Maria.

Last edited:
Leaving him out of tonight's squad makes it pretty obvious that he'll be leaving very soon so at least we'll have an end to this saga in the next few days. Fingers crossed he's coming here.

A player that would be our best LWB, our best number 8 (for like a 4-1-2-1-2 or something), our best winger and possibly even more effective than Mata as a number 10 and in the 3-5-2 a di Maria + Rooney / RVP partnership might be superior to Rooney + RVP.

What's the point of bringing a quality winger if we won't be using any wings? Also even if we decide to convert Di Maria as a LWB (what a waste) we would be practically throwing Shaw's career out of the window.

Id say we should go to 4-3-3, allow Shaw to do the dirty work and give Di Maria full licence to do the damage.

10569058_10204773567166833_7234984176358091442_n.jpg
Ffs :lol:

What's the point of bringing a quality winger if we won't be using any wings? Also even if we decide to convert Di Maria as a LWB (what a waste) we would be practically throwing Shaw's career out of the window.

Id say we should go to 4-3-3, allow Shaw to do the dirty work and give Di Maria full licence to do the damage.

di Maria is not only a quality winger, he is much more.

Also, watch Louis van Gaal interviews. He calls it 3-4-3, the man ideally wants to play with such aggression that his wide players will operate as midfielders and Juan Mata almost a third striker.

He wants to pin back the opposition, not the other way around.

We could go 4-3-3, it becomes another option, that is the point however Louis van Gaal might think 3-4-3 will be even stronger because it includes both Rooney and Robin.

You should instead say we should go with whatever will allow us to perform at our best, that's what Louis van Gaal wants.

Maaariaaaa,
you gotta see her...

nope that doesn't work, never mind.
Mariaaaa, my Di Maria
Go inside and out, of the fullbackkk

Mariaaa, oh Di Maria

Can't get it working either, sorry.

A player that would be our best LWB, our best number 8 (for like a 4-1-2-1-2 or something), our best winger and possibly even more effective than Mata as a number 10 (on current form + with RVP and Rooney in front) and in the 3-5-2 a di Maria + Rooney / RVP partnership might be superior to Rooney + RVP.

The definition of versatile - Angel di Maria.

It would be absolutely ridiculous to have him at LWB. Di Maria signing has to mean we never play 352 again. 433/4231 is the way to go.

I agree, but as I've said before, you can't squeeze both RvP and Rooney into a 4-3-3 and there's no room for Mata at all. So its one helluva bold move.

Im going to say something controversial. Even mad. But I have this feeling that if we bring a quality DM then Mata can slip perfectly in the deeper role.

Another option would be to revert to the Ajax system of 95

line-ups.png

GK: De Gea
SWP: Benatia
DC: Rojo/Shaw
DC: Smalling/Jones

DM: Carrick
MC: Fletcher
MC: Herrera

AML: Di Maria
AMC: Mata/Rooney
AMR: Rooney/Valencia

STK: Rooney/RVP

Mendes won't have anything against having one of his star clients at United again. Make it happen, he still owes us for Bebe!!

di Maria is not only a quality winger, he is much more.

Also, watch Louis van Gaal interviews. He calls it 3-4-3, the man ideally wants to play with such aggression that his wide players will operate as midfielders and Juan Mata almost a third striker.

He wants to pin back the opposition, not the other way around.

We could go 4-3-3, it becomes another option, that is the point however Louis van Gaal might think 3-4-3 will be even stronger because it includes both Rooney and Robin.

You should instead say we should go with whatever will allow us to perform at our best, that's what Louis van Gaal wants.

On paper it may work however you'll have to have 3 truly quality CBs to make it work. Di Maria isnt particularly renowned for backtracking

Im going to say something controversial. Even mad. But I have this feeling that if we bring a quality DM then Mata can slip perfectly in the deeper role.

Another option would be to revert to the Ajax system of 95

line-ups.png

GK: De Gea
SWP: Benatia
DC: Rojo/Shaw
DC: Smalling/Jones

DM: Carrick
MC: Fletcher
MC: Herrera

AML: Di Maria
AMC: Mata/Rooney
AMR: Rooney/Valencia