Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
They all seem plausible if we actually want to pay up. But there seems to be nothing in this story about Lucas Silva. Just one or two articles here and there that a few clubs are interested. Also, he seems to be very raw and we'd need a quality midfielder regardless.

I absolutely agree, this week is going to be very interesting.
I hope LVG and Ed are able to work together to get a decent CM and CB in.

Not anywhere near as urgently as a CM

CM: Herrera, Fletcher, Carrick, Cleverley

Wing/Attacker: Mata, Kagawa, Januzaj, Young, Valencia, Lingard, Rooney (As #10)

Mata = #10
Kagawa = #10
Lingard - from what he's shown on loan, much more comfortable in the centre
Januzaj = Looks comfortable in any forward role.
Young = Shit
Valencia = Winger who rarely creates chances/scores
Rooney = Striker/shoehorned #10

So essentially we need a winger as much as we need a CM. We can carry on shoehorning central players to the wings, which usually doesn't work.

Rojo and Mrs Di Maria doing everything they can to get Di Maria to United :lol:

I laughed when the Rojo speculation came up due to him liking accounts on Instagram. Not doing that again.

Mata = #10
Kagawa = #10
Lingard - from what he's shown on loan, much more comfortable in the centre
Januzaj = Looks comfortable in any forward role.
Young = Shit
Valencia = Winger who rarely creates chances/scores
Rooney = Striker/shoehorned #10

So essentially we need a winger as much as we need a CM. We can carry on shoehorning central players to the wings, which usually doesn't work.
Agree, however our current system isn't as reliant on wingers.

Di Maria should also not be used as a wing back, he will be no where near as effective, if he's goign to play he needs to be an out and out winger.

Whichever way you look at it tbh, whichever system we play, a CM is of higher priority than a Winger IMO.

I laughed when the Rojo speculation came up due to him liking accounts on Instagram. Not doing that again.
Oh come on KM, only 9 days left of muppet season. We will miss it when it's over

Di Maria won't be available next summer in all likelihood (because of PSG). Vidal will probably be just as gettable next summer as he is now.

Actually...

CM: Herrera, Fletcher, Carrick, Cleverley, Fellaini

Winger: Januzaj, Young, Valencia, Lingard

Let's not confuse the likes of Rooney, Kagawa and Mata as wingers when they are not wingers.

Di Maria won't be available next summer in all likelihood (because of PSG). Vidal will probably be just as gettable next summer as he is now.
But we need to address the midfield situation RIGHT NOW. If we continue to play 3-5-2 addressing the winger situation isn't as important as central midfield. I want Di Maria to come here as well but we if we have to chose RIGHT NOW between one of Vidal or Di Maria, then I would have to go for Vidal. Also Reus will be available next summer.

Our quality in wide areas is awful these days. Januzaj is quality but the rest offer so little going forwards. This guy is like a rare midfielder who is both quality out wide and absolutely brilliant through a more semi central position. It's a no brainer. He'll improve our attack in multiple ways.

Actually...

Let's not confuse the likes of Rooney, Kagawa and Mata as wingers when they are not wingers.
Lingard isn't really a winger himself, and Januzaj has stated he sees himself as a #10. van Gaal called him one too. Our wingers are terrible, we need di Maria just a little less than a central midfielder.

Agree, however our current system isn't as reliant on wingers.

Di Maria should also not be used as a wing back, he will be no where near as effective, if he's goign to play he needs to be an out and out winger.

Whichever way you look at it tbh, whichever system we play, a CM is of higher priority than a Winger IMO.
I don't think 3-5-2 is a long-term thing. It's LVG trying to make use of what he has at his disposal but if any of the recent rumours come to fruition I'm pretty certain a more traditional 4-3-3 will be used. Bringing in one exceptional winger allows us to make that change instantly, though we'd be a CM light if we get further injuries. - but considering we actually need BOTH, there's your actual issue. For me there is no greater weighting either way, and that's why everyone is moaning and groaning about the business that has been done this summer.

Actually...

Not claiming they are wingers, I meant attackers, asin the 3 behind the striker, where Di Maria can play across all 3.

I was more just trying to point out I think a CM is more immediately urgent than a winger.

I don't think 3-5-2 is a long-term thing. It's LVG trying to make use of what he has at his disposal but if any of the recent rumours come to fruition I'm pretty certain a more traditional 4-3-3 will be used. Bringing in one exceptional winger allows us to make that change instantly, though we'd be a CM light if we get further injuries. - but considering we actually need BOTH, there's your actual issue. For me there is no greater weighting either way, and that's why everyone is moaning and groaning about the business that has been done this summer.
Yeah true there.

Mata/Kagawa/Rooney/Lingard are all number 10's and square pegs in round holes out wide. Young, Valencia and Januzaj are wingers but only Adnan is good enough.

I think this one has us written all over it. Calm before the storm and then out of nowhere it'll take off, like the Mata and RVP transfers. At Least I hope so, he'd be a quality addition.

They're accepting no less than 75mil for Di Maria

But you think 60mil will get Di Maria AND Khedira?

yeah £60 million, you do know theres such a thing as exchange rates?
Anywho £60mil starting that could pull it of, Khedira only has a year left so his price shouldnt be too inflated. Its the wages that would be somewhat tricky with both.

yeah £60 million, you do know theres such a thing as exchange rates?
Anywho £60mil starting that could pull it of, Khedira only has a year left so his price shouldnt be too inflated. Its the wages that would be somewhat tricky with both.
I have heard of exchange rates!

Bit hard when you don't mention what currency you're talking about in your post though.

Mind reading, now that I'm not good at

Plus, 60 for Khedira and Di Maria due to Madrids stance on Di Maria would mean we are getting Khedira for free, which I can;t see happening.

75mil Pounds is a more likely figure for both, 15 for Khedira ain't bad mind.

But 60 for Di Maria is pretty steep.

Whether he would end up being worth it or not who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.