Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all City's lack of success sine they've bought these players should tell you they've been overspending to just about reach where we were more than 10 years ago (2 titles, a cup or two and not making it past the group phase in Europe). Who did City buy that were top tier players like Vidal and Di maria are? And which big clubs did they beat to them? The caliber of players City bough is exactly who we should be going for - those witht he potential to become world class - we are going after finished products vs what City went after. Were any of these players world class or considered so at the time?

1. Silva - Nope. he was at Valencia and at a level below Barca and Real at the time. So great player )but not world class yet) at 2nd tier club who are even further back now
2. Aguero - nope. Was at Atletico - whipping boys for Real until 2 years ago
3. Kompany, Zabaleta or Hart - all bought ont he cheap and unknown to most ppl
4. Negredo - from another 2nd tier Spanish club (Sociedad iirc)
5. Navas - see above
6. Nasri - from perrenial underachievers and trophyless Arsenal at that point and CIty had evolved enough to jump
7. Clichy - see above
8. Lescott - from 6th place Everton
9. Milner - from eprrenial jokers Aston Villa
10. barry - the same

I could go on and on. Most of those foreign players were not even at Champions league teams..

Do you remember the expensive but fruitless players City had just before these guys also when the spending started under Shinatwra (sp)? Robinho, Elano, Jo etc?

City's transitionc ost A LOT and took about 5 years..we're complainign that ours has gone our for 12 months and that we aren't buying world class players. WE can't - world class players don't want to struggle after earning their "world class"title elsewhere. We need to bring in capable players that are int eh 2nd tier but can move up (Herrera, Shaw are good buys, Rojo I know little of) - hope we can get back in the top 4 with them,a dn then see if we can get any top tier players.

I wasn't going to reply to you at first, but I could tell you put in a lot of effort so I figured I'd have the courtesy to reply

Heaps of clubs wanted Aguero, Silva and Villa around that time. Aguero was probably the 3rd highest scorer in the league behind you know who. They were some of the most talked about transfer targets of the time & were probably spoke about more highly than someone like Koke is now, or Thiago Alcantara.... plus Atletico were hardly bad back then. They were in the champions league just before he left and even when he left they made it...Valencia were also UCL regulars at that time

Dzeko was highly sought after and when joining City had to fight off accusations about going there for the money

Balotelli, Tevez, etc. Chelsea were all over Robinho like we've been for Vidal pretty much.. and he went to City from a champions league club, to them.

We can come up with reasons why anyone chose to go there instead of the big clubs, but facts are they were highly sought after and chose to go to City for "the project".

We also wanted a few of the players that they ended up with. They were just offering a lot more money.

Herrera and Rojo were supposed to be in the champions league this year for their old clubs :lol: if players really were as stupid as you think they are to reject a team like us just because we're out for 1 season, Herrera and Rojo wouldn't be here right now. Also I'm sure Chelsea wanted Luke Shaw, which was why Mourinho was crying to the media about the money we used on him.

A lot of players will move if the price is right. It's not all fecking doom and gloom like some of you think

Who did City buy that were top tier players like Vidal and Di maria ar

lol the Robinho situation is almost the same situation as Di Maria

Might not have been Vidal. But they did some exclusive about us a month ago which never happened.
A month ago they claimed that PSG's move for Di Maria was dead in the water and Di Maria had chosen Man Utd.

Neil Custis says we are in for him. He's a Manc correspondent regularly on MUTV, though he works for the Sun.

Wrap it up by tomorrow night/sat morning.

On the bench away to Sunderland

Pulls a hammy warming up, out till October

Wrap it up by tomorrow night/sat morning.

On the bench away to Sunderland

Pulls a hammy warming up, out till October

He'll need to be registered by midday tomorrow in order to be on the bench at Sunderland. His hamstring would be safe until the Burnley game more likely.

Edit: Forgot MK Dons :eek: Now that's a venue to make a debut.

Come on Eddy, pull those woolen socks up and get this wrapped up. This is too good an opportunity to let pass. We signed RvP when it wasn't our main priority and look where that got us.

Status
Not open for further replies.