Ange Postecoglou | New Spurs boss on 4 year contract

44 points from their last 32 games. That good run at the start of last season was very obviously an outlier. They’ve been poor for the clear majority of his time in charge. Will be lucky to make it to Christmas at this rate.

Other than vibes, still not sure what his style is.

They are so frustrating to watch. So many wrong decisions in the final third.

Frighteningly naive and one dimensional, as many predicted he would be. He has added to that by buying some championship attacking players for over 100 million.

Poor all round and media should stop being charmed and actually lay out the facts about how poor they have been.

In fairness, whoever had the idea to pay that sort of money for Solanke should be flogged to death behind the cheese room.

Frighteningly naive and one dimensional, as many predicted he would be. He has added to that by buying some championship attacking players for over 100 million.

Poor all round and media should stop being charmed and actually lay out the facts about how poor they have been.
Not sure he chooses the players tbf but agree on the teams failings. He does have an inexperienced squad though which contributes to their flimsiness

Also Solanke.

I did say when they signed him while he'd improved at Bournemouth I couldn't see him making much of a difference in games against top teams where you might only get one big chance a game.

First half they were pressing well and ball came straight to him central 15 yards out. Seemed to be surprised by that and took too long to control and Arsenal snuffed it out.

Kane would've got it out of his feet in one touch and then curled it towards the top corner so ultimately that's a big reason why they're not getting wins against the top sides much now.

Interesting that he decided to say he always wins in his second season whilst in charge of this Spurs team in the post match interview. They look like they've got very little about them in attack. Strange hill for him to die on.

Not sure he chooses the players tbf but agree on the teams failings. He does have an inexperienced squad though which contributes to their flimsiness
If he doesn't, who does ? Is the crooked italian dude gone ? Did they replace him with a competent DoF ?

Interesting that he decided to say he always wins in his second season whilst in charge of this Spurs team in the post match interview. They look like they've got very little about them in attack. Strange hill for him to die on.

Well they'll obviously do little in the league (Thurs/Sunday dynamic will see to that) but they still have a reasonably strong squad and most Spurs fans would trade 4th for winning the league or FA cup I bet so see how they do in those competitions. As Ten Hag keeps mentioning in every single interview he does it's good enough for Man. United these days seemingly. ;)

He basically had a good first 10 games. It was a very mixed bag after that, and included two lengthy winless runs

Indeed. About 1.4 points per game after that honeymoon period. That'll bag you 9th or 10th place over a season. I think a lot of United fans saw their strong start and sort of tuned out, assuming he was the real deal. But it went off the rails nearly a year ago. They play nice looking football, so they can get the odd handsome win when the wind blows their way. But they're one dimensional, dodgy in the air at the back and easily ought fought. Back to 90s Spurs.

Today was poor from them. Do believe it could've just ended 0-0 but that terrible defending at Gabriel's goal made the difference. However, those who watched those games say they could've won at Leicester and Newcastle on another day given the chances so with those points situation would look better. Ange will surely get some more time no doubt.

He basically had a good first 10 games. It was a very mixed bag after that, and included two lengthy winless runs
To put it into context despite our struggles we've picked up 16 more points than them from that 4-1 win and beyond.

xG pretty even v Arsenal. He's been unlucky this season I think.

Spurs were always going to have problems, selling Kane and with the massive debts for the stadium. Anything above 7th is decent for them and they're not far off.

Stand up if you were one of those clamoring for Ange Postecoglou when Spurs were winning around this time last year claiming United should replace Ten Hag with him :lol:

xG pretty even v Arsenal. He's been unlucky this season I think.

Spurs were always going to have problems, selling Kane and with the massive debts for the stadium. Anything above 7th is decent for them and they're not far off.

I dunno, 44 points from their last 32 games would suggest they are further off than you think.

It’s a combination of some very average players, with some very one dimensional and naive tactics. It’s not got a long shelf life.

Well they'll obviously do little in the league (Thurs/Sunday dynamic will see to that) but they still have a reasonably strong squad and most Spurs fans would trade 4th for winning the league or FA cup I bet so see how they do in those competitions. As Ten Hag keeps mentioning in every single interview he does it's good enough for Man. United these days seemingly. ;)
My point was that Spurs won't win anything this season and he's setting himself up for failure with a comment like that

Said it before that Solanke is dreadful. Was really surprised when so many here on Caf said it was a good signing.

Stand up if you were one of those clamoring for Ange Postecoglou when Spurs were winning around this time last year claiming United should replace Ten Hag with him :lol:
So you’re suggesting that us with Ten Hag should be having at laugh at Spuds and Postecoglu. That’s like some scouse level dementia from years past. We’re in no shape to be taking the piss out of someone else’s manager.

Also Solanke.

I did say when they signed him while he'd improved at Bournemouth I couldn't see him making much of a difference in games against top teams where you might only get one big chance a game.

First half they were pressing well and ball came straight to him central 15 yards out. Seemed to be surprised by that and took too long to control and Arsenal snuffed it out.

Kane would've got it out of his feet in one touch and then curled it towards the top corner so ultimately that's a big reason why they're not getting wins against the top sides much now.
Guess he’s not “the most underrated player in the Premier League” after all… https://www.redcafe.net/threads/is-...derrated-player-in-the-premier-league.483567/

44 points from their last 32 games. That good run at the start of last season was very obviously an outlier. They’ve been poor for the clear majority of his time in charge. Will be lucky to make it to Christmas at this rate.
wow that's some stat. Wonder how that compares to Ten Hag who has been under huge pressure whilst dealing with an injury crisis for much of it. And making some very dubious tactical/management decisions as well of course

Yep, this is what football has become. If people like you then you're a top player or manager and you're just going through a hard spell. If you're not liked then you're immediately a failure. Ange was never going to succeed as Spurs, a manager with 1 fragile style of play won't last in the PL. The only managers who can do that are the rigid defensive ones.

Ange is a mediocre manager but because working-class British people love the fact he's fat, ugly, blunt, and gives sarcastic responses because he's too dumb to answer questions properly, they won't mention it. He is very relatable to the average Wetherspoons-going Talk Sport viewer. If he mentioned he hated foreigners, reading, hygiene and vegetables they'd cream in their pants. Thick, lumpy, cream.

His attitude in that post-match interview was a real mask-slip kind of a moment. Pressure is mounting and he's got his back up.

Probably would've won a poll for most likeable guy in English football a year ago.

Mates first 10 matches totally hid how poor Spurs actually played in many of them and they should have lost 4/5 of those matches. Got on the positive end of some questionable red cards, penalties not given, that shocking disallowed goal and benefitting from the added time referees plucked out of thin air last season with 3 lates goals.

wow that's some stat. Wonder how that compares to Ten Hag who has been under huge pressure whilst dealing with an injury crisis for much of it. And making some very dubious tactical/management decisions as well of course

51 points from 32 for us over the same period. Really does show the difference in the level of pressure and expectation between the two clubs.