Andy Carroll

There are dozens of strong, tall players out there who cost a fraction of what West Ham are paying for him and some of them even have some technique.

Its that easy? Just pick one of "dozens" of players, parachute them in to the PL and they'll be doing better than Andy Carroll? He's no world beater but I doubt it.

Good signing for West Ham. Maybe paid a bit over the odds but they've got their man and will be happy.

Benteke wouldn't have cost much more and does everything Carroll does (is big and strong) whilst also being very good.

Ridiculous transfer. I think Big Sam just has a thing for muscular young men.

I doubt West Ham will care too much about the fee. They've got themselves a striker who is going to help them stay in the league, that's worth an awful lot more in terms of money than a transfer fee of £15m.

Benteke wouldn't have cost much more and does everything Carroll does (is big and strong) whilst also being very good.

Don't think they could get Benteke though, unless you mean they should have got him last summer.

If Carroll had stayed at Newcastle for a season or two longer he would likely be better off as a footballer and if Liverpool hadn't thrown away the Torres transfer fee where might they be?

Two decisions which have set back both for years.

Benteke cost £8 million last summer and has bagged a shed load of goals. if you think West Ham could have signed him for less than £15 million you're dreaming. That's without the even slimmer propspect of him leaving Villa for West Ham as opposed to a top 7 club.

I doubt West Ham will care too much about the fee. They've got themselves a striker who is going to help them stay in the league, that's worth an awful lot more in terms of money than a transfer fee of £15m.

Good point.

teams always over pay for English players. I can see whay - you know what you're going to get from them and they're less likely to throw a strop.

Villa bought Benteke last year for £8 million - a sizeable chunk of money considering the overall spend they had, and he's proved a bargain, but for every one of them there's a Mauro Boselli. To buy foreign you need to be preapred to risk a few busts along the way.

Its that easy? Just pick one of "dozens" of players, parachute them in to the PL and they'll be doing better than Andy Carroll? He's no world beater but I doubt it.

Good signing for West Ham. Maybe paid a bit over the odds but they've got their man and will be happy.

Yes, it's that easy. If you signed three promising forwards from across Europe for £4m to £8m each at least two of them would be much better than Carroll. He really is pretty crap. They were linked with Bony at £9m and he's probably be going to be twice the player.

Benteke cost £8 million last summer and has bagged a shed load of goals. if you think West Ham could have signed him for less than £15 million you're dreaming. That's without the even slimmer propspect of him leaving Villa for West Ham as opposed to a top 7 club.

This man speaks sense.

Half the reason they're buying him is because he's best mate with Nolan.

PL experience is so overrated too. I'd rather buy a solid talented striker from abroad at a good price than a poor lump like Carroll for £15m every single time. feck me, Lewandowski is going to cost around £20m and Dortmund bought Reus for £16m last Summer and this disaster of a footballer is going to cost £15m.

we've all gone to IKEA looking for a small item and come out with some random peice of crap that we dont need, and overpaid for it

I don't see too much wrong with the fee, had he went to Liverpool for that much from Newcastle people would have said it was a fair fee. It just the £35m has completely distorted their perception of him. I think he will score 10-15 goals next season, which wont be a too bad of a return of £12m.

Good deal for West Ham. He only made 22 starts for them and got 7 goals and 4 assists. In a full season he'll get into double figure goals. That's not a bad return, but when you add to that he's miles ahead of any other forward player when it comes to clearances and blocks, it shows why West Ham are happy to pay the fee. The fact he's made 60 clearances, which must come almost exclusively from set piece defending, show he's probably the best set piece defender in the league, ahead of all the top CB's.

Only in England £15m (which equals to about €19m) for a player like Carroll could be considered a good deal. £15m is a lot to a club like West Ham who don't have a rich sponsor, big stadium or worldwide recognition.

Only in England £15m (which equals to about €19m) for a player like Carroll could be considered a good deal. £15m is a lot to a club like West Ham who don't have a rich sponsor, big stadium or worldwide recognition.

Couldnt agree more.

So, how much of fair price do you think Carroll is?

So, how much of fair price do you think Carroll is?

Worthless, if you are a club with ambition go for someone else. For those who want a big lump upfront, well maybe around £6m to £8m.

Worthless, if you are a club with ambition go for someone else. For those who want a big lump upfront, well maybe around £6m to £8m.

You do know Sam Allardyce is West Ham manager right?

Someone like Carroll is a vital cog in his system.

2006/07 Newcastle United 4 0 Premier League
2007/08 Preston North End 11 1 First Division
2007/08 Newcastle United 3 0 Premier League
2008/09 Newcastle United 14 3 Premier League
2009/10 Newcastle United 39 17 First Division
2010/11 Newcastle United 19 11 Premier League
2010/11 Liverpool 7 2 Premier League
2011/12 Liverpool 35 4 Premier League
2012/13 Liverpool 2 0 Premier League
2012/13 West Ham United 24 7 Premier League
Totalen: 158 45

Terrible record, take away 17 goals in 39 games he scored in the Championship and you're left with 28 goals in 119 games. Awful.

I'm hearing rumours that NUFC have a claim of 25% of any sell on fee liverpool receive for Carroll.

No idea if it's true but if it is... :lol:

I'm hearing rumours that NUFC have a claim of 25% of any sell on fee liverpool receive for Carroll.

No idea if it's true but if it is... :lol:

I doubt Liverpool are that stupid, I remember hearing about it though that when he completed his transfer, but think it was if sold for excess of £35m

I doubt Liverpool are that stupid, I remember hearing about it though that when he completed his transfer, but think it was if sold for excess of £35m

They bought him for £35 million. They bought Stewart Downing for £20 million. Joe Allen for £15 million.

Liverpool's stupidity is without question.

Anyone willing to spend £15 million on Andy fecking Carroll shouldn't be allowed to make transfer decisions (which makes Liverpool even worse).

Clubs like West Ham should be looking for bargains with a view to shifting them later on at inflated prices, there are plenty of players out their available at reasonable fees that perhaps can take the next step with West Ham and stick with them for a couple of seasons before moving on.

If they really want Carroll I'm pretty sure if they actually tried some skilled negotiating and waited Liverpool out (they are bound to want to shift him and his wages so they can spend again) they could end up getting him at a reasonable price for what is a donkey in Umbro's.

They want to spend £15m on someone who is a) a proven flop b) isn't even in his manager's plans next season?

If I was a Liverpool fan (and had amnesia and forgot they spunked £35m on him :lol: - £35m once again) I'd be laughing that they got Coutinho for £10m and Sturridge for £12m who are both infinitely better players than Carroll, and Sturridge isn't even that good.

It's not exactly hard to get yourself a better striker for £15m - Giroud £12m, Hernandez £7m, Benteke £8m, Remy £8m, Ba £7m, Cisse whatever he cost. Ridiculous.

It's the English tax. Read on RAWK, it's 12m plus 3m adds on. Not really outrageous for a young premier league striker, when we just spent 15m for a championship winger.

946245_548949548485573_721656826_n.jpg

Out of his bin at Wireless Festival. :lol:

He's certainly dressed like a binman there.

He looks stoned as a bat :lol:

I think we can safely say that it's not performance-enhancing drugs he's been taking.

:lol:

If Rooney was spotted looking as stoned as that there'd be an absolute shitstorm.