Anderson | 2013/14 Performances (on loan at Fiorentina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Not sure about this. Serie A is the most tactical league and midfielders are supposed to be reliable in their positioning. Anderson is not. Either he'll learn to be a disciplined player positionally in Serie A and become a much better player for it, or the manager will pick other players instead of him because they can be relied on to be in the right place.
He won't be played centre mid I don't think. I have a sneaky suspicion they will use him on the left or off of the striker.

That is backed up by nothing, but it'd be funny as hell to actually see him played in his position and then do well.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Not sure about this. Serie A is the most tactical league and midfielders are supposed to be reliable in their positioning. Anderson is not. Either he'll learn to be a disciplined player positionally in Serie A and become a much better player for it, or the manager will pick other players instead of him because they can be relied on to be in the right place.
I understand what you are saying, however I don't agree. Regarding it being a more tactical league, I'd agree but I don't feel midfielders need to be more disciplined in a lower standard of league than the EPL.

The main difference either way for me would be the pressure, he seems light hearted, easy going, not a 'CR' machine, focused and driven; based on that premise, with less expectation and more freedom, I think he'll thrive. That doesn't mean he'll be the next Kaka but the energetic box to box runs and so forth, I can see really working out for him there.

Italian teams typically play with a hundred holding midfielders it feel's like, take for example Juventus, typically they have two ball-winners/ defensive minded mids and then one to sit on the front of the two which is where I believe Ando would thrive; and not because he'd suddenly start putting them in the top corner, that's never been his game, but I'd imagine he could rack up the assists in that position/system

Ekeke

He won't be played centre mid I don't think. I have a sneaky suspicion they will use him on the left or off of the striker.

That is backed up by nothing, but it'd be funny as hell to actually see him played in his position and then do well.
I think theres no chance he'll be played off the striker, or if he is, he'll soon find himself out in the cold after the manager gives up with him. He could well play on the left as others have made that transition in italy, like Asamoah at Juventus. Vargas and Pasqual have both done excellent jobs on the left for them in wingback roles in the past, but both are 30+ now so maybe that leaves an oppertunity there. Imagine Scholesy if he ends up playing left back

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I think theres no chance he'll be played off the striker, or if he is, he'll soon find himself out in the cold after the manager gives up with him. He could well play on the left as others have made that transition in italy, like Asamoah at Juventus. Vargas and Pasqual have both done excellent jobs on the left for them in wingback roles in the past, but both are 30+ now so maybe that leaves an oppertunity there. Imagine Scholesy if he ends up playing left back
It'd be unthinkable.

But then again....Nathan Delfouneso.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
In both positions.

Do you think so?

I've been watching Fellaini for quite some time and his most effective position is that behind the striker. In that role one can exploit his physical frame and superiority in air while limiting his immobility and passing issues to the limit.

devilish

Watch him do really well in Italy

yes and no

Its pretty evident that Ando needs a change of scenario and going to another club may be the necessary kick up the backside he needs. The Serie A will suit him more as there are more SA players there, it is played at a lower tempo and is less physical then the EPL.

However Fiorentina (or any other club) will not be as patient to him as we were. If he fecks up then he'll be off.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Talk about having your head in the sand
"Good" is about as inoffensive and non committal as a statement can get, they are clearly good footballers, it is touch and go on whether Cleverley will start showing some consistency, our own players usually start getting a bum deal from fans around this time in their development and they normally come out the other side if not first XI players then fantastic squad players. Just be patient.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
yes and no

Its pretty evident that Ando needs a change of scenario and going to another club may be the necessary kick up the backside he needs. The Serie A will suit him more as there are more SA players there, it is played at a lower tempo and is less physical then the EPL.

However Fiorentina (or any other club) will not be as patient to him as we were. If he fecks up then he'll be off.
:lol: what do you mean yes and no?

Agree with most of your points, but I don't think he'll need half the time to become 'X', as we bought him believing he would become 'X' (X being the potential we saw In him), however, I'd imagine they are fully aware of what they are buying and for that reason won't expect more than they have seen to a degree, but I'd imagine he should kick on from regular football.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
They are both good players, Tom is inconsistent but age and experience will sort that. Ando just hasn't played enough football.
Tom inconsistent? He's more than inconsistent. He's just so meh. Average. Everything he does is so safe. It's not good enough to be a starter. At least ando takes risks by trying to make things happen, by running and driving through the opposition. His end product is abit shit though. And he's a fatty who can't complete 90minutes consistently.

devilish

:lol: what do you mean yes and no?

Agree with most of your points, but I don't think he'll need half the time to become 'X', as we bought him believing he would become 'X' (X being the potential we saw In him), however, I'd imagine they are fully aware of what they are buying and for that reason won't expect more than they have seen to a degree, but I'd imagine he should kick on from regular football.

Read my post again.

There are points which suggest that he could do well in Italy and there are others which do not.

And the Italian clubs tend to work differently then the EPL clubs. If he turns not fit at a regular rate and he isn't available for much of the games as he does with us then he will be off.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Read my post again.

There are points which suggest that he could do well in Italy and there are others which do not.

And the Italian clubs tend to work differently then the EPL clubs. If he turns not fit at a regular rate and he isn't available for much of the games as he does with us then he will be off.
My problem was I thought you were trying to say more? Any club that has a player who isn't fit at a regular rate or isn't available for much of the games will look to sell that player? That's common sense? It's a bit like claiming that if he gets hit by a train he won't do as well..

Bottom line we both agree he'll have a better chance of making in ITI

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Tom inconsistent? He's more than inconsistent. He's just so meh. Average. Everything he does is so safe. It's not good enough to be a starter. At least ando takes risks by trying to make things happen, by running and driving through the opposition. His end product is abit shit though. And he's a fatty who can't complete 90minutes consistently.
I agree that he doesn't look brilliant at the moment but I think he will grow and he is still in the process of maturing as a player he has come off of a genuinely bad patch of form and I can understand his wanting to play safe. He will come good. Maybe not 1st team but we will be glad that we kept hold of him and persisted.

devilish

My problem was I thought you were trying to say more? Any club that has a player who isn't fit at a regular rate or isn't available for much of the games will look to sell that player? That's common sense? It's a bit like claiming that if he gets hit by a train he won't do as well..

Bottom line we both agree he'll have a better chance of making in ITI

Well it wasn't common sense with us wasn't it?

And Italian clubs tend to be less patient with players then the EPL clubs.

devilish

You need me to explain that clubs tend to be more patient with younger players than older players?

Its not about younger/older players its about players in general.

Italian clubs tend to be less patient to everyone. The manager has a task to perform and if he fails to reach the expectations set (which are usually set on a yearly basis) then he risks being shown the door. The mentality is also different towards players. In Italy everyone is under constant scrutiny and supporters had booed even legends like Batistuta in the past. There were even instances were players were physically attacked by their own fans. In 2013 the Roma fans assaulted their team bus throwing stones at them and breaking windows.

If Anderson decides to do an Anderson in Italy then he will be shown the door before he can eat his next happy meal. No one is willing to close an eye to him being shit because he's funny on the pitch. Actually they may take it as an insult.

Nedved

I understand what you are saying, however I don't agree. Regarding it being a more tactical league, I'd agree but I don't feel midfielders need to be more disciplined in a lower standard of league than the EPL.

The main difference either way for me would be the pressure, he seems light hearted, easy going, not a 'CR' machine, focused and driven; based on that premise, with less expectation and more freedom, I think he'll thrive. That doesn't mean he'll be the next Kaka but the energetic box to box runs and so forth, I can see really working out for him there.

Italian teams typically play with a hundred holding midfielders it feel's like, take for example Juventus, typically they have two ball-winners/ defensive minded mids and then one to sit on the front of the two which is where I believe Ando would thrive; and not because he'd suddenly start putting them in the top corner, that's never been his game, but I'd imagine he could rack up the assists in that position/system

They already play either Borja Valero or Aquilani there, both better than Anderson. They bought attacking midfielder Ilicic for fairly big money from Palermo, a player who is highly rated in Italy, and he has barely played. Matias Fernandez is also warming the bench.

He's brought in as a versatile back-up or someone to do the hard work next to Borja and Aquilani. Pizarro is on his way out and I believe Ambrosini has had some injury trouble. Anderson is supposed to bring intensity to the midfield, with Borja and Aquilani to run things. Unless he does that very well, there's no way Fiorentina will buy him.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
They already play either Borja Valero or Aquilani there, both better than Anderson. They bought attacking midfielder Ilicic for fairly big money from Palermo, a player who is highly rated in Italy, and he has barely played. Matias Fernandez is also warming the bench.

He's brought in as a versatile back-up or someone to do the hard work next to Borja and Aquilani. Pizarro is on his way out and I believe Ambrosini has had some injury trouble. Anderson is supposed to bring intensity to the midfield, with Borja and Aquilani to run things. Unless he does that very well, there's no way Fiorentina will buy him.
Ergo, we'll see him in June and have him off our wages for a few months :lol:

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
He'll definitely be back. No club would be stupid enough to pay actual money for Anderson.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Will keep saying it, I wish him well in Italy and hope he secures a permanent move and has a good career, unlike a lot of our 'fans'.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Most on here seem to be wishing him well, to be fair.
Yeh, it hasn't been too bad on here but social media has been a disgrace. I don't judge our fans on social media but it's still tough to see. I have seen more than a few on here not have the kindest wishes for him though and I think he deserves a little respect.

Robbie Boy

Yeh, it hasn't been too bad on here but social media has been a disgrace. I don't judge our fans on social media but it's still tough to see. I have seen more than a few on here not have the kindest wishes for him though and I think he deserves a little respect.
I gave up on him a long time ago but of course he deserves respect from our fans. There is no denying he has been a massive disappointment during his time here but that is down to various factors. I wish him all the best but I honestly don't see Fiorentina making this deal permanent as they have plenty of good players for that position already.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
6 years of being played out of position and totally mismanaged, you mean.
Exactly, his role when he first arrived was attacking midfielder in a 442, and shockhorror, he had a stormer of a first season playing in his preferred position. The thing is, he just wasn't defensively good enough to play in a two-man midfield and hasn't fitted into our 4231 approach of late. He's a quality player on his day and I hope his new club use him in the attacking sense to which he's best suited. I wish him well.

Shark

@NotShark
Exactly, his role when he first arrived was attacking midfielder in a 442, and shockhorror, he had a stormer of a first season playing in his preferred position. The thing is, he just wasn't defensively good enough to play in a two-man midfield and hasn't fitted into our 4231 approach of late. He's a quality player on his day and I hope his new club use him in the attacking sense to which he's best suited. I wish him well.

Not every central midfield player needs to be great defensively. You always got the impression that Anderson was encouraged to attack and be a more box to box CM anyway. He just wasn't very good at finishing, or creating chances, and any 'quality' attacking midfielder would surely need to excel in at least one of those.

roseguy64

Do you think so?

I've been watching Fellaini for quite some time and his most effective position is that behind the striker. In that role one can exploit his physical frame and superiority in air while limiting his immobility and passing issues to the limit.
He was more effective up top but didn't look out of place in the middle so impressed at both imo.

Amir

Somehow I doubt he would have made it in whatever position we played him. Trying to convert him didn't help, I'm sure, but injuries and just not being a good enough pro were always going to be the deciding factors. When you remember the early promise - transforming the match against Wigan in which we finally started to score goals, playing alongside Hargreaves for a while as we went on a winning run - it's awfully frustrating. Especially as he has the exact sort of abilities we need. But, his departure is now overdue.

Status
Not open for further replies.