Anderson | 2013/14 Performances (on loan at Fiorentina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
why? He passing was incosistent and he couldnt hit a barn door with his shooting. What good would that be?
His biggest strength was taking the ball from deep and using his pace & strength to go right through midfield and get defenders backing off. That opens up space. Its a shame that he was so injury prone and inconsistent.
But play him the hole? No chance. Better that for players like Rooney, Kagawa and the young un..players who could pick a pass rather than hit it like a cannonball
Im talking about when we bought Anderson, at that point in time before he made an appearance for us, are your comments still in relation to that or? [Before I reply]

nimic

something nice
Scout
Not that it's important, but if that comment was aimed at Anderson before he joined United then you are talking nonsense, bagged a few for Porto and the highlight was his dribbling/busting runs/assists and even before at Gremio he knocked a few in, it was only after we encouraged him to sit and try and read the game rather than bomb about that he regressed, he wasn't able in my opinion to ever be a true CM and it fecked us both up the jacksie.
He never showed any shooting ability at all at United. Yes, there were a few clips around of some good shots by him in his previous career, but a lot of players get a few of those. According to Wikipedia he scored 6 in 19 for Gremio, and then 2 in 18 at Porto. Hardly spectacular. We didn't do anything to Anderson, he was just never that good.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Anderson more than had his chance, and unfortunately never took it.

He did definitely has his up's in the club though. As others have mentioned how can we forget that penalty, or having a MOM performance against Schalke in the CL.

Injuries probably did their damage and he never fully recovered from it, let's hope a fresh start for him will help reveal his true ability consistently.

And oh that mean's the 8 is now free :drool:

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
He never showed any shooting ability at all at United.
I know and I explained why I think that was in regards to how he was instructed to play.

Yes, there were a few clips around of some good shots by him in his previous career, but a lot of players get a few of those. According to Wikipedia he scored 6 in 19 for Gremio, and then 2 in 18 at Porto. Hardly spectacular.
Im talking about the games I actually watched of him, not Youtube videos, but the format is irrelevant. I never claimed it was 'spectacular', I merely went against you saying 'he has the worst shot in football', to which you've clearly proved yourself wrong.

We didn't do anything to Anderson, he was just never that good.
No, he was never the finished player but did look to have potential, I am not saying this is the sole reason, this for me was the first that inspired a lot of the others, rightly or wrongly.

Brophs

The One and Only
He's a nice fella, I'm sure, but I'm delighted he's gone if true. He's been a waste of space for far too long.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
why? He passing was incosistent and he couldnt hit a barn door with his shooting. What good would that be?
His biggest strength was taking the ball from deep and using his pace & strength to go right through midfield and get defenders backing off. That opens up space. Its a shame that he was so injury prone and inconsistent.
But play him the hole? No chance. Better that for players like Rooney, Kagawa and the young un..players who could pick a pass rather than hit it like a cannonball
He was an attacking midfielder before we signed him.

Bebe

I disagree, and now that he's (hopefully) gone, I feel it's safe to say that I think he was an absolute joke of a footballer, the idea that a professional player on tens of thousands of pounds a week at one of the biggest clubs in the world, with as much talent as he has (or at least, had), for the fee that he cost, spends six years showing as much ambition as a leaf in Autumn, showing seemingly no intent to actually get fit, bulk up, improve, train, lose weight, practice, make it, whatever.

Yeah, he was a lovable chap, but who cares? As a footballer, he was a disgrace.

I'm glad he's (almost) gone.
I see your point. I suppose I just don't think he was ever going to apply himself in that fashion. It's odd that Fergie persisted with him for so long, because I think it was obvious long ago that he doesn't have that mentality. And he'll never develop it, it's just how he is.

Disgrace is a step too far for me, but yes he was never a very good professional. Which is frustrating, because he could be a much better player if he got his act together. I just don't think he ever will, so there's not much purpose in being frustrated about something that was never going to change.

I am also glad he's gone, because we've reached a stage where the luxury of keeping a guy like Anderson around is no longer afforded to us.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Im talking about the games I actually watched of him, not Youtube videos, but the format is irrelevant. I never claimed it was 'spectacular', I merely went against you saying 'he has the worst shot in football', to which you've clearly proved yourself wrong.
Obviously I was using hyperbole, he's not literally the worst shot in football. What he is is a supposedly technically skilled central (or attacking) midfielder playing for Manchester United with 5 goals in 104 appearances. It took him two seasons to score his first goal.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I still remember being so excited watching the youtube videos of his time at Porto, I made him out to be the next Ronaldinho!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I still remember being so excited watching the youtube videos of his time at Porto, I made him out to be the next Ronaldinho!
He was a pretty great 18 year old for us too. Shame he couldn't build on the early promise.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Im talking about when we bought Anderson, at that point in time before he made an appearance for us, are your comments still in relation to that or? [Before I reply]
after. the standard in Brazil isnt anything to write home about, the defending is mad so the fact that he can score 6 there is irrelevant really.
He scored, what, 1 or 2 for Porto?

all that aside, he never showed anything at United to suggest he should play as a number 10 ahead of the likes of Rooney

Mainoldo

Only midfielder i know that has bodied Fabregas, Gerrard and Remieres. Same he couldn't quite get it alltogether. Hope he takes the Viola by storm.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Italy will probably suit him, I reckon. Plenty of time and space on the ball, his explosiveness could be quite effective over there, like Kaká.

Spoony

The People's President
He he he. Good luck, for a complete flop he's found himself a decent club. To think we thought we had signed the new Ronaldinho...based on YouTube clip. Oh well.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I think that getting fat and not being able to improve his stamina might have been a factor, too...

Just look at him - we bought Lil Wayne, we're selling Bone Crusher.

But aye, he's funny, so the treatment from fans is poor.
Perhaps him getting fat and lacking stamina comes from injuries? We will never know and I tend to give United players the benefit of the doubt rightly or wrongly.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Loan or permanent?

7, 8, 9 shirts free next season. 11 probably too.

Will Absolute

That glorious summer of 2007, when we were all jumping on the Cafe (I was lurking), seems so long ago now. The Titanic hit an iceberg, Concorde crashed, Jim Carrey got old, and United's dreams of world domination crumbled into dust. Nani is the sole survivor, and I think he's not long for this world.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
And Kagawa #10 should that happen, still think he can be a star here.

Give Phil Jones every other number, nobody else could do them justice like him.
Jones should just have GOD at the back of his shirt.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
That glorious summer of 2007, when we were all jumping on the Cafe (I was lurking), seems so long ago now. The Titanic hit an iceberg, Concorde crashed, Jim Carrey got old, and United's dreams of world domination crumbled into dust. Nani is the sole survivor, and I think he's not long for this world.
Here's hoping for a similar summer this year, it's necessary now.

Status
Not open for further replies.