Anderson | 2013/14 Performances (on loan at Fiorentina)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the start of his career at United, we've had like 567 different players in the AM position. Could we not have, just once, given Ando a proper chance in his natural position instead of lumping him in CM and expecting him to defend?

At one point he was considered one of the most exciting young talents in world football, playing in AM. A position that suited his abilities perfectly.
I hope he does leave, for his own sake and finally goes on to be the player he was always supposed to be, playing in the position he was always supposed to play in.

I think some of the treatment he is getting off United fans is poor. Yes, he has not lived up to what we wanted when we signed him, partly his fault, partly injuries, a hole host of issues. That's football. But he loves the club, has played a role in winning trophies, has never had a bad word to say about the club, never complains etc. Now a lot of our fans are saying "feck off and good riddance" etc. I think he deserves a little more respect and I wish him all the best and hopefully can have a good career elsewhere.

This.

Wish you the best Ando!

He scored in Moscow and was great against Arsenal in the CL SF, I will remember these moments.

Wish you the best Ando!

He scored in Moscow and was great against Arsenal in the CL SF, I will remember these moments.
He does have a few of those moments. Such a key penalty in Moscow (obviously all are key but had to score when Terry missed), it was his first touch too, the pressure would have been immense. The winning penalty in the League Cup final against Spurs and scoring twice in a European semi final. Memories that will last with a lot of us fans.

Hope he does get a move and forge a good career for himself. Not worked out for us but, as others have said seems like hell of a character to have around.

I still think he can be a very good player if he ever does just get to play consistently. I can't see ever Fergie holding onto him this long just because he was a nice guy. Can understand where Ferguson may have cut Rooney a really key player slack when it comes to fitness issues but, can't I see him keeping a hold of a player who has not played consistently that has a fitness issue. Seems like the club has always seen the potential for a very good player, same as his "fanboys" - just never been able to get past the injury related issues.

I think some of the treatment he is getting off United fans is poor. Yes, he has not lived up to what we wanted when we signed him, partly his fault, partly injuries, a whole host of issues. That's football. But he loves the club, has played a role in winning trophies, has never had a bad word to say about the club, never complains etc. Now a lot of our fans are saying "feck off and good riddance" etc. I think he deserves a little more respect and I wish him all the best and hopefully can have a good career elsewhere.
This.
I think that getting fat and not being able to improve his stamina might have been a factor, too...

Just look at him - we bought Lil Wayne, we're selling Bone Crusher.

But aye, he's funny, so the treatment from fans is poor.

I think that getting fat and not being able to improve his stamina might have been a factor, too...

Just look at him - we bought Lil Wayne, we're selling Bone Crusher.

But aye, he's funny, so the treatment from fans is poor.
Fans can have their opinions on him as a professional, that's fine. But saying feck off and all this, it's not like he has done a Tevez or anything. If he was as bad a professional as some think he has been, do you think our club would have kept him for this long?

We should come up with another player who can shit on Fabregas. Cleverley maybe?

Sad to see him go but not sure why!?! Cheers ando and thanks for.......marching with the band at the title celebrations?

Manchester Evening News are saying he's off to Fiorentina.

Best of luck and thanks for everything Ando. Doubt his fitness and ability sure, but his dedication to United was always beyond question. Plus, he's seems like a pretty likeable guy.

Manchester Evening News are saying he's off to Fiorentina.

Best of luck and thanks for everything Ando. Doubt his fitness and ability sure, but his dedication to United was always beyond question. Plus, he's seems like a pretty likeable guy.
Was it?

Yeah, he seems like a person anyone would love to have as a good friend. Likeable doesn't begin to describe his personality. Didn't work out for him here, hope he has a better time of it in Italy.

Liked him always but we should have cut our loses a long time ago. He could have been the next Ronaldinho, he chose to be the next Ronaldo (after Ronaldo retired and became fat).

Thanks for the funny memories, some of the good appearances which were rare and the penalty on Moscow. I wish him luck in Firenze, at the end of the day it is a gret city and Forentina is a good team. Hopefully he'll resurrect his career there though likely a move to Brazil would have been better.

I mean maybe not in the sense that he could have kept himself in better shape and thus been in a better position to help the team.

I just always had the impression that he cared about the club and the fans. Can't exactly explain why, but he generally seemed to appreciate how lucky he was to be playing football for United. Not one to give less than 100% on the pitch (even if the 100% didn't last particularly long).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not upset were selling because he's clearly not of the standard required.

I still remember that rather strange interview where a couple of players were asked who the worst trainer at the club was and they agreed, slightly too quickly and unanimously, that it was Anderson. It was bizarre hearing players talk that way about one of their team mates and it was never quite clear whether it was a joke, which made the most sense to me on first glance, or whether it was just a statement of fact that goes a long way to explaining why he has had such problems with injuries - and getting into the team when he was available.

Hope he does well in Serie A, but how he lasted here long is an absolute mystery. Yes, he was 'likeable' but that obviously wasn't the reason he was kept, I have no idea why he was, to be honest. For every glimpse of his talent, there were countless poor displays, fitness issues and massive injury problems.

He had a brilliant first season here and I was genuinely excited by his talent. At Porto, he played as a number 10 and really excelled; we done well to sign him given the interest from big European clubs at the time. I don't know what went wrong after that, but Yesthings went very wrong indeed. I can't say I'll miss him one bit as I've been resigned to fact that he is done here, for several years now.

I thought Anderson > Gerrard. Top bantz.

I mean maybe not in the sense that he could have kept himself in better shape and thus been in a better position to help the team.

I just always had the impression that he cared about the club and the fans. Can't exactly explain why, but he generally seemed to appreciate how lucky he was to be playing football for United. Not one to give less than 100% on the pitch (even if the 100% didn't last particularly long).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not upset were selling because he's clearly not of the standard required.
I disagree, and now that he's (hopefully) gone, I feel it's safe to say that I think he was an absolute joke of a footballer, the idea that a professional player on tens of thousands of pounds a week at one of the biggest clubs in the world, with as much talent as he has (or at least, had), for the fee that he cost, spends six years showing as much ambition as a leaf in Autumn, showing seemingly no intent to actually get fit, bulk up, improve, train, lose weight, practice, make it, whatever.

Yeah, he was a lovable chap, but who cares? As a footballer, he was a disgrace.

I'm glad he's (almost) gone.

I wouldn't say he was a disgrace. There have been much worse players than him.

Couldn't fulfill his potential, and now frees up a space in the squad. Thank you very much.

He won more trophies than many other players will during the whole of their career and made over 100 appearances for the club. I will miss him even if he's average and injury prone. :(

Goodbye Anderson. Wasn't to be. Now watch him have a barn stormer in Serie A and become everything we hoped he'd be.

I can perfectly understand Cina's point of view, I am always inclined to believe there must be some mitigating circumstances, something we dont know that explains the problems he has had. I mean, coming at it from the opposite side, would SAF have kept a player around as long as he has who didnt train properly, made little effort to get fit and underwhelmed when given chances? It doesnt sound like SAF, if it was down to application rather than bad luck he'd surely have shipped him out years ago.

It doesnt matter either way anyway, the main thing is he is moving on to new pastures where hopefully he will have better luck or the pace of the game will suit him better, and we will hopefully replace him with someone who is going to be available when we need him.

One of the worst shots in professional football, and no consistency in passing. We didn't ruin Anderson, he was never meant to be that good.

Not that it's important, but if that comment was aimed at Anderson before he joined United then you are talking nonsense, bagged a few for Porto and the highlight was his dribbling/busting runs/assists and even before at Gremio he knocked a few in, it was only after we encouraged him to sit and try and read the game rather than bomb about that he regressed, he wasn't able in my opinion to ever be a true CM and it fecked us both up the jacksie.

He certainly wasn't the worst. Ferguson did have a serious soft spot for him though, which may have not helped. Definitely best for him to continue his career on elsewhere, the fat lovable bastard.

I wish we had played him in the position he was meant for... the hole.
why? He passing was incosistent and he couldnt hit a barn door with his shooting. What good would that be?
His biggest strength was taking the ball from deep and using his pace & strength to go right through midfield and get defenders backing off. That opens up space. Its a shame that he was so injury prone and inconsistent.
But play him the hole? No chance. Better that for players like Rooney, Kagawa and the young un..players who could pick a pass rather than hit it like a cannonball

why? He passing was incosistent and he couldnt hit a barn door with his shooting. What good would that be?
His biggest strength was taking the ball from deep and using his pace & strength to go right through midfield and get defenders backing off. That opens up space. Its a shame that he was so injury prone and inconsistent.
But play him the hole? No chance. Better that for players like Rooney, Kagawa and the young un

I think he meant the time when we bought Anderson.

Status
Not open for further replies.