Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
latest on the BT sports website-just put it a couple of mins ago.

Manchester United are attempting to tie up the deadline-day transfer of Athletic Bilbao's Ander Herrera.
Reports in Spain have claimed three United officials are at Spanish league headquarters to pay the clause in Herrera's contract that would allow him to complete an Old Trafford move.
Given Spanish tax laws, the move is set to be hugely complex.
However, if the reports are correct, it confirms United's intention to finally end the long wait for a significant signing since David Moyes was confirmed as Sir Alex Ferguson's successor.
United are opting not to respond to the speculation, although it has also been claimed by Deportes Cuatro that part of the 36million euro deal will involve the Red Devils playing a friendly at Bilbao's new San Mames stadium in 2015.
Herrera played twice against United in 2012 as part of the Bilbao side that was so impressive in dumping them out of the Europa League, scoring at Old Trafford.
Although the 24-year-old's record of two goals in 63 La Liga appearances is not that impressive, Moyes feels Herrera can add the drive to his midfield which was notably absent during the 1-0 defeat at Liverpool.
At present exchange rates, the transfer would cost £30.53million, just less than the club record £30.75million United paid for Dimitar Berbatov in 2008.
The transfer would not be completed without some complications.
After all, the player would either need to have a medical in Spain, or fly to England for the checks to take place.
Whilst there is time for the deal to be completed, there is not much leeway for any late hitches.

http://sport.bt.com/sportfootball/f...ted-still-working-on-herrera-S11363830254578?

@English_AS 49s
Man Utd's reps have just left the LFP offices without leaving Herrera's buy-out clause, apparently they need to sort out more paperwork.

Jesus Christ get me on a plane take me to Spain and ill sort this ducking transfer out.

It's no fun unless it goes right to the wire. This can backfire, of course...

Sid Lowe reports: "Manchester United have sent someone to the league to pay the clause."

Jesus Christ get me on a plane take me to Spain and ill sort this ducking transfer out.

Viva NinjaFletch
Viva NinjaFletch
Get him on a plane, take him out to Spain
Viva NinjaFletch

He signs on the left, he signs on the right.... that boy NinjaFletch, makes Woody look shite.

@English_AS 49s
Man Utd's reps have just left the LFP offices without leaving Herrera's buy-out clause, apparently they need to sort out more paperwork.

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! What paperwork?

PS) Obvs not @wr8 just @the world!

BBC said that although Herrera has a buy out clause, there's some complication in that his team don't agree to the sale, meaning he is effectively buying the contract out. But we'd give him the money, which would be subject to tax.

Meaning we'd have to potentially pay 50% extra on top of the fee if it was challenged by their taxman.

Sounds risky and a dodgy move.

Ho hum.

Just get Herrera to sort everything, he's the only fecker who knows what he's doing and he's trying everything he can.

latest on the BT sports website-just put it a couple of mins ago.

Manchester United are attempting to tie up the deadline-day transfer of Athletic Bilbao's Ander Herrera.
Reports in Spain have claimed three United officials are at Spanish league headquarters to pay the clause in Herrera's contract that would allow him to complete an Old Trafford move.
Given Spanish tax laws, the move is set to be hugely complex.
However, if the reports are correct, it confirms United's intention to finally end the long wait for a significant signing since David Moyes was confirmed as Sir Alex Ferguson's successor.
United are opting not to respond to the speculation, although it has also been claimed by Deportes Cuatro that part of the 36million euro deal will involve the Red Devils playing a friendly at Bilbao's new San Mames stadium in 2015.
Herrera played twice against United in 2012 as part of the Bilbao side that was so impressive in dumping them out of the Europa League, scoring at Old Trafford.
Although the 24-year-old's record of two goals in 63 La Liga appearances is not that impressive, Moyes feels Herrera can add the drive to his midfield which was notably absent during the 1-0 defeat at Liverpool.
At present exchange rates, the transfer would cost £30.53million, just less than the club record £30.75million United paid for Dimitar Berbatov in 2008.
The transfer would not be completed without some complications.
After all, the player would either need to have a medical in Spain, or fly to England for the checks to take place.
Whilst there is time for the deal to be completed, there is not much leeway for any late hitches.

http://sport.bt.com/sportfootball/f...ted-still-working-on-herrera-S11363830254578?
No sir.

Tom Coast@sardinetrawler
6m
AS reporter says he’s been told that #MUFC have apparently left without paying Herrera’s clause because of a bureaucratic problem.
Retweeted by Sport Witness
I'm pretty sure that's a hitch.. A very late one.

I'm beginning to think Roy Keane was so bitter about Fergie getting rid of him he put a fecking curse on us. We were so close to a central midfielder, and I don't mean an Anderson, I mean an actual central midfielder.

This will be forever known as the Summer where we discussed Spanish release clauses for months and no one got it and we never used it anyway.

I think they're all off to a bar to celebrate signing him at the last minute.

Only when they wake up, hungover, still with the bag of cash will the realisation dawn...

This is ridiculous! Just give the money to Ander and tell him to sort it out while Ed and his mates play in the sandbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.