Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

This is going to be a classic thread whether we sign him or not, I can feel it.

The significance for them of forcing us to use the official release clause mechanism is that their transfer window for buying someone in will remain open for another month. They can take the cash and go shopping.

Cheers.

So what are we doing there? This deal isn't going to be settled by a club to club basis aye?

Seems to me Herrera wants to leave, we paid the release clause, but Athletic Bilbao is stalling the deal, in hope that it doesn't happen before the window closes.

Only thing you can do is to bring it before La Liga and let them sort it out with the club.

Hope it goes through, anybody knows when the transfermarket closes in Spain ?

"Ok, my boss says we'll pay 36 million max but we'll like to start the bidding at 30 million. What do you think? Is 30 ok for you?"

This has to be some sort of film we are partaking in. Running there with the player and a load of cash to beat the deadline ffs. Who are the emissaries? Or have we hired Bruce Willis to do it.

hahaha suck on that Olly.
emot-argh3bur6.gif

Seems to me Herrera wants to leave, we paid the release clause, but Athletic Bilbao is stalling the deal, in hope that it doesn't happen before the window closes.

Only thing you can do is to bring it before La Liga and let them sort it out with the club.

Hope it goes through, anybody knows when the transfermarket closes in Spain ?

It closes about 4 hours from now.

However, by forcing us to use the release clause the formal way, Athletic get an extra month to find a replacement.

I think we will get this and the Fellaini deal sorted.

Woodward does come across as a complete feckwit, though. I hope we have not got our version of Gary Cook here.

surprised anyone has faith we're buying anyone. 4hours doesn't leave much time.

In fact you could say it's bloody stupid leaving something you've had 3months to do, until 4hours from time!

surprised anyone has faith we're buying anyone. 4hours doesn't leave much time.

In fact you could say it's bloody stupid leaving something you've had 3months to do, until 4hours from time!
Especially that we're ready to pay both buy-out clauses!

It closes about 4 hours from now.

However, by forcing us to use the release clause the formal way, Athletic get an extra month to find a replacement.

What would the effect of that be? Would we effectively have to wait until January to complete the deal. If they formally make us activate the release clause we would be exercising a term of his contract and also entering into a contract for the transfer ourselves, would we not?

Status
Not open for further replies.